Please recommend any good training courses for Medical Device Regulations

S

Smileyk

Can anyone recommend any good training courses for medical device regulations?

Also has anyone used the WMDO website and if so can you offer a review?

Thanks!

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
Re: Medical Device Training??

The best way to learn is by reading and applying the regulations.

Cranfield University (England) does a couple of medical device related degrees and short courses which are quite good.

I don't know what the WDMO website is. Do you have a link?

mihzago

Trusted Information Resource

what regulations do you have in mind i.e. which region?
are you looking for free or paid courses? computer based or in-person?

FDA CDRH Learn has a lot of decent (though a bit boring) training materials, if you're interested in US regulations.
Many consulting sites have some free training, in addition to paid. Try Emergo group or medicaldeviceacademy.com

S

Smileyk

I can't post a link but it's WMDO dot org.

Thanks for the help, regions initially are EU and USA but Asia Pac are on the list too. We do EU now but I think there is more we don't understand so I was hoping to find a computer based style course so we can check that we are doing things correctly (we have an NB but I think there are "holes" in what we do that they haven't picked up on - namely usability).

Marcelo

Inactive Registered Visitor

Some people here (including myself) can also provide training also, in particular to specific aspects such as usability as mentioned.

As a suggestion, you may also seek training about medical device regulations concepts that explains the basis for medical device regulations in general, this would let you understand most of the regulations that exists right now in a general way. This is a kind of training I think is fundamental but that most people lack.

Marcelo

Inactive Registered Visitor

You also may seek training in medical device design. Design aspects such as usability/human factors are basic design requirements that are independent of regulations, but at some point in time may be a focus or part of any regulation (for an example of a lit of basic design expectations, see this list by Pugh - https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/5/55/Pugh_Elements_of_the_PDS.jpg).

Philip B

Involved In Discussions

NSF in the UK are running a medical device regulatory framework course (I'm currently on this). It is a post-graduate course with options of four modules (certificate), eight modules (diploma) and eight modules plus a project (MSc degree). The modular approach allows flexibility, I'm doing two modules per academic year. The course is designed to meet the requirements for a 'qualified person' within manufacturers. Please see NSF website for further details (sorry, the forum won't allow me to post a link, please PM me if you would like further details).

Ajit Basrur

Staff member
Admin

You also may seek training in medical device design. Design aspects such as usability/human factors are basic design requirements that are independent of regulations, but at some point in time may be a focus or part of any regulation (for an example of a lit of basic design expectations, see this list by Pugh - https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/5/55/Pugh_Elements_of_the_PDS.jpg).
Marcelo, can you please fix the link - unable to open ? Thanks!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
N Recommend internal auditing training 101 please (Tucson or Phoenix, AZ) Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 1
J Please Recommend books that explain how to understand IATF 16949 IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
G Please recommend preparatory reading for AS9100 Rev C Lead Assessor Course AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 16
Q Please recommend NCR / CAPA Software capable of embedding pictures Nonconformance and Corrective Action 12
N Please recommend data acquisition system for temperature logging General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 5
Q Quality issues from Asia please recommend 3rd party inspection source. Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 6
R Please recommend some good Manufacturing books to me Book, Video, Blog and Web Site Reviews and Recommendations 10
Y Please recommend some good Lean books to me Book, Video, Blog and Web Site Reviews and Recommendations 17
B Advice please! Which European city would you recommend for a visit? Travel - Hotels, Motels, Planes and Trains 37
D Amendment Class II - Please confirm if the submission is by email (Canada) - Help Canada Medical Device Regulations 0
E 13485:2016, Sections 4.1.6, 7.5.6 and 7.6 - Validation of Software - Need some Advice please ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
H MDD Article 12 Labeling for Class IIa Medical Device - Please Advise EU Medical Device Regulations 3
O Please, help with document on ISO/ TS 17758 and (IDF 87: 1979). Thank you. Manufacturing and Related Processes 1
Ronen E Can anyone please explain this? (510k submission requirement) Other US Medical Device Regulations 14
A Please explain MDR Rule 11 to me EU Medical Device Regulations 67
R Please share your method used for PEMS Validation IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 5
Sidney Vianna Interesting Discussion Hello IAF. Are you listening? Please explain the inconsistency in your IAF Mandatory Documents (2019) ASQ, ANAB, UKAS, IAF, IRCA, Exemplar Global and Related Organizations 6
J ISO 17025 - Please share a sample procedure for monitoring the validity of results ISO 17025 related Discussions 1
D Good Acceptance Activity/Inspection flowchart for reference - Wanted Please Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 2
optomist1 Share a DFMEA template please Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 2
alonFAI Please share a medical device company NCMR procedure Other Medical Device Related Standards 5
B Will you please help me with my academic project? Repair & calibration service for test equipment ISO 17025 related Discussions 0
J Medical Device Vigilance decision tree FORM - Please share yours EU Medical Device Regulations 14
Marc Posting Job Openings - Read Me Please - 27 January 2019 Job Openings, Consulting and Employment Opportunities 0
L Please help me with the process of getting ISO 9001 certified Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 15
K Please help identify appropriate statistical treatment Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 13
L Please review my ISO 9001:2015 Internal Audit Plan Process Audits and Layered Process Audits 7
C Will anyone please share training material for ISO:13485:2016 for best practices Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 0
LeonelAguilar352 ISO 9001 - 2015, is the Quality Manual needed? Please advise ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
K Please Help! what is ARL for the range and standard deviation Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 0
E Best GD&T training - Your suggestions and recommendations please Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 3
R Please help me with attached copy of AS 9100D internal audit check sheet AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 2
S Supplier Classifications - Please give me a good definition of the following terms ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 5
L Please help my division with quality [long] Service Industry Specific Topics 1
J Please help me understand what a process is ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
T From 21 CFR to IEC 60601 - Please explain IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 2
D Please share your IATF 16949 Internal Audit Plan and Schedule Internal Auditing 13
M MDSAP Audit Plan - Please share an Audit Plan/Schedule/Agenda ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 7
S New Interaction of Processes ISO 9001:2015 - Please Review ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
M New Quality Policy for ISO 9001:2015 - Please Review ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
K Please share a Product Audit Checklist for a Wafer Fab Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 3
Moncia Complaint / Non-Conforming Product / CAPA Procedures - Please share your experience ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
M Please explain the following Automotive Acronyms IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
V Revised ISO std vs ISO13485:2003 - Help Please!!! ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
E Supplier Evaluation Form - Example to evaluation suppliers (criteria) please Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 4
S Please review my Risk Analysis Table ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 13
somashekar MDSAP (Medical Device Single Audit Program) Pilot: Please share your feedback ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 35
L Canadian Users of ISO 14001 please contact me ISO 14001:2015 Specific Discussions 4
L Newly API Q1 9th Edition applicant HELP please =) Oil and Gas Industry Standards and Regulations 3
3 K1 K2 K3 constant of Gage R&R - Please advice Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 2