Please recommend preparatory reading for AS9100 Rev C Lead Assessor Course

G

gardnere

Friends: Please recommend preparatory reading or other task assignments to be administered prior to taking the AS9100 Rev C Lead Assessor Course. It is my understanding that the course has a high-level of difficulty and any preliminary preparatory information would be helpful. Also, what type of a background is recommended as a pre-requisite for this course? I currently have an ISO 9001:2008 lead assessor certification with some aerospace application experience. :confused:

J

Joy

Get a copy of AS9100:2009 and read it many times.This would really help you to pass.

I can tell you how it works.It was my first visit to USA to attend the course and had no prior experience of American accent.The faculty had a diificult accent (for me) and may be I understood only 20% what he taught in 5 days.However the questions were really easy for me to reply as I prepared well with the standard.

Additionally, you can study ISO 19011 also.

Are you looking for the avenue to become aerospace auditor?In that case, you have to qualify the AATT test even though you qualify the AS9100 LA course unless it covers the course content of AATT and approved as equivalent.Check it carefully,else you have to attend two courses.So, better to opt for AATT if you are already ISO 9001 auditor.

Also refer this thread "AS9100 Course Recommendation (AATT VS RABQSA Lead Auditor)".

Last edited by a moderator:
G

gardnere

Get a copy of AS9100:2009 and read it many times.This would really help you to pass.

I can tell you how it works.It was my first visit to USA to attend the course and had no prior experience of American accent.The faculty had a diificult accent (for me) and may be I understood only 20% what he taught in 5 days.However the questions were really easy for me to reply as I prepared well with the standard.

Additionally, you can study ISO 19011 also.

Are you looking for the avenue to become aerospace auditor?In that case, you have to qualify the AATT test even though you qualify the AS9100 LA course unless it covers the course content of AATT and approved as equivalent.Check it carefully,else you have to attend two courses.So, better to opt for AATT if you are already ISO 9001 auditor.

Also refer this thread "AS9100 Course Recommendation (AATT VS RABQSA Lead Auditor)".
Thank you for getting back with me and sharing the good information. I will be scheduled for the AATT the latter part of January. Have a pleasant, successful new year.

J

Joy

Prepare well for AATT as the failure rate is high.There is a thread with lot of tips on AATT.You can check my tips there.

G

gardnere

Joy, Please direct me to the area where tips on the AATT are provided. Thank you again. Ed

J

Joy

Yes but I would suggest that this should be read only few days before the test.Hard work is the best tip.Those who followed my advice to study hard and used the tips,could pass easily in first attempt.

I suggest my friends to take one week off from work before the week of attending the course to give time for studies.This saves your money and avoid worries later.

Randy

Super Moderator
Nothing...I've taught a couple hundred Lead Auditor courses and the last thing you need is conflicting information, theory and tripe

G

gardnere

Joy, Thank you again for your insight and assistance. I have read your many suggestions / tips and they are much appreciated. Happy New Year to you and hope that you have a successful year.

Top Bottom