Please review my Process Flow / PFMEA / Control Plan

fraktion

Involved In Discussions
Hello all.

I wonder if some of the wiser guru's here could give my PFMEA a once over? It would be greatly appreciated. I've never had any formal training in them and have kind of picked it up as i've gone along. I've had to do 15 different ones for a suite of products lately, i'd just like to know i'm on the right track.

The attached has been updated recently as a result of an 8D on some pre-production parts. One dimension was out. Please could you have a look and tell me if it would survive a product readyness review or whether i'd be laughed out of the building!

I'm coming from a plastic injection moulding background.

Thanks for you time :)

Young Fraktion.

Edit: Just had to remove the process flow for size issues.

Attachments

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Jim Wynne

Leader
Admin
Hello all.

I wonder if some of the wiser guru's here could give my PFMEA a once over? It would be greatly appreciated. I've never had any formal training in them and have kind of picked it up as i've gone along. I've had to do 15 different ones for a suite of products lately, i'd just like to know i'm on the right track.

The attached has been updated recently as a result of an 8D on some pre-production parts. One dimension was out. Please could you have a look and tell me if it would survive a product readyness review or whether i'd be laughed out of the building!

I'm coming from a plastic injection moulding background.

Thanks for you time :)

Young Fraktion.

Edit: Just had to remove the process flow for size issues.
It would be a good thing to see the process flow diagram, if you could reduce the file size somehow. What's the file format and size? There are some issues with your PFMEA and control plan, but they start with the PFD.

D

DrM2u

I took a look at the PFMEA and I'd say that it looks OK for a first shot at it. One thing that stuck out at first was that 'operator failure' was a frequent cause of failure. Also the process controls seem a little weak, often focused on training, instead of instructions for the operators, product inspections, process and tooling/gauges verification and monitoring, etc.

Here is one suggestion I have and that I used myself: create a PFMEA for each major process step. Most of them are general and generic process steps, like receiving, shipping, material handling, etc. The only PFMEA that would change with product family or be product specific would be the one for the molding process. I am attaching for your reference a sample PFMEA and Control Plan for the Receiving process.

I hope this helps. Keep up the good work, you are on the right track as long as you want to improve and be better at what you do!

Attachments

fraktion

Involved In Discussions
DrM2u. Whilst it's in my head, the product doesn't require any gauges. There are no key/special characteristics on the drawing. All process controls would lay at the hands of an operator, apart from the first off being measured to drawing and sample inspection at the end via a quality engineer.

There are instructions on our job cards as well as hourly checks via a supervisor. Should these additional checks be added in? thank you for your help :)

qusys

Trusted Information Resource
DrM2u. Whilst it's in my head, the product doesn't require any gauges. There are no key/special characteristics on the drawing. All process controls would lay at the hands of an operator, apart from the first off being measured to drawing and sample inspection at the end via a quality engineer.

There are instructions on our job cards as well as hourly checks via a supervisor. Should these additional checks be added in? thank you for your help :)
Hi,
I think you should use the last updated form for process FMEA . You can check in the last edition of FMEA Blue Book.
In the Control plan, reaction mechanism should be link or referred. Special characteristics should be indicated too.:bigwave:

D

DrM2u

fraktion, to answer to your last question, I have attached the tool I used for process development for the Moulding part of the process flow. :read: I hope that the PFMEA and Control Plan part of it will shine some light regarding the use of gauges, who, when, where, etc. There are some additional tools in there that might help as well. Feel free to use the information as you wish. Best of luck! :agree1:

Attachments

M

Malito

Hello Folks,
I'm looking for some advice regarding a question I have for the linkage of the PFD - FMEA - CP. I was reading the thread, but didn't find somethig related so I preffer to ask.

I have a linked my Process Flow Diagram with the PFMEA and CP activity by activity , except by one operation; this operation it's a movement of raw material from the receiving area to my warehouse. Reason for not including it is that I do not see any risk that is worth to write in the PFMEA for this movement of material, neither do I perform any inspection for this movement, nevertheless my customer is aking me to link all documents to match 100% .

Question: am I doing wrong not including the movement listed in Flow process diagram int o PFMEA and CP? what is your opinion? it would be better to erase the movement from the PFD or must I include something to control and observe for this movement in my CO and PFMEA?

Many thanks in advance for your opinion.

Saludos a Todos !

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A Sequence and Interaction of the Processes - Please review my Process Map ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 12
B Product Realisation Process Map - Need some help, please review and comment ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 6
A Process description template - Please review ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 1
9 ECR (Engineering Change Request) process - Please critique / review Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 10
R Please review my process map Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 5
H Please Review my High Level QM (Quality Management) Process Map Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 57
C Process Flow Diagram, FMEA and Control Plan Attached - Please Review FMEA and Control Plans 6
R Please Review my Process Map Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 28
M Business Process Mapping to comply with TS 16949 - Please review my Process Map Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 4
A PFMEA for manufacturing - Please review my Process FMEA FMEA and Control Plans 4
P Business process map - Please Review my Process Map and Turtle Diagram Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 31
A ISO 9001 Process Maps - Please Review Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 15
M Contract Review Process Turtle Diagram - Please Review and Critique Contract Review Process 18
A Please Review my Manufacturing Process Audit Process Audits and Layered Process Audits 6
I Process Auditing for our TS system - Please help and review if you would be so kind Process Audits and Layered Process Audits 7
Claes Gefvenberg Internal Audit Process Flow Chart - Please Review Mine and Comment! Internal Auditing 27
D Help with Process Flow Diagram - Please Review Mine! IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 8
L Please review my ISO 9001:2015 Internal Audit Plan Process Audits and Layered Process Audits 7
S New Interaction of Processes ISO 9001:2015 - Please Review ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
M New Quality Policy for ISO 9001:2015 - Please Review ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
S Please review my Risk Analysis Table ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 13
S Please Review my APQP Training Material APQP and PPAP 4
M Continual Improvement Procedure - Please review Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 1
P Please Review my Design and Development Plan Design and Development of Products and Processes 2
B Please review my Vernier Caliper Gauge R&R Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 8
N Please Review My Tracking System Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 12
M Quality Policy Draft - Please review Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 24
insect warfare Please Review my Quality Manual Draft Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 11
R ISO 13485 Mind Map attached - Please review and comment ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
Q Method of Document Management (Control) in Engineering - Please Review ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 4
M Incoming (Receiving) Inspection Procedure - Please Review Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 7
B Please review my QMS Overview Map ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 13
W Please review and critique our new Document Control Procedure ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
M Can anybody help me with Management Review scenario please? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 8
H Supplier Monthly Performance Score Card - Please Review Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 7
W Cpk, GD&T & Minitab? Please review my methods Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 16
A Wolfram Mathematica 8 - Review or Opinions Please Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 1
A Development Project Template - Please Review and Critique Design and Development of Products and Processes 4
B 5 Why help needed Please kindly review Problem Solving, Root Cause Fault and Failure Analysis 15
6 Food Safety Objectives - Please Review Food Safety - ISO 22000, HACCP (21 CFR 120) 4
G Uncertainty Calculation in Excel - Please review my calculation General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 2
J Quality Objective Measureables - Please Review ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 14
Colin Simple Preventive Action Procedure - Service Company (Please Review) Preventive Action and Continuous Improvement 20
Y Sample Data Charts (Excel table) - Please review Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 34
J Internal Audit Schedule - Please review my Internal Audit Schedule Internal Auditing 19
S Document Control Procedure Please Review Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 37
J Resume Critique - Please review my resume Career and Occupation Discussions 5
O ISO 9001 Quality Systems Manual (QSM) advice - Please review Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 8
J Management Review "planned interval" define please ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 23
ScottK Soliciting Feedback for my final Black Belt project -please review my Project Charter Funny Stuff - Jokes and Humour 4