Please Review My Quality Policy

Q

Quality-1

Quality Policy

Could any one of you please review the Quality Policy for TS 16949-Sales Organization.

Doe this meets all elements of 5.3 Also, if you could share your Quality Policy that will be helpful too.

"ABC" is committed to be number one supplier to provide Complete Customer satisfaction by meeting or exceeding customer requirements.

In order to continually improve on-time delivery and verify effectiveness of quality management system, and achievement of quality objectives, we periodically review our Quality Policy in management review to ensure our customer is served with best products and services.

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
R

Randy Stewart

Keep it simple

Q-1, Looks good to me. Remember to keep it simple but applicable. You could have a policy statement that could make people cheer and cry but if it's not worth the paper it's printed on, what's the use!!!! If you are using this as a base to start documenting your system, keep checking back to it to ensure your "system" is staying aligned with the statement and vice versus.
Here are some things to watch out for;
How do you measure if you are "exceeding" customer expectations? Sounds good but is it measurable? It may be.

How is the review of the policy helping to improve delivery and verifying the effectiveness of the sytem?

I know it's nitpicky but are these realistic statements, are they quantifiable? Don't get caught up in flowery verbiage, it doesn't impress an auditor it makes them dig deeper to see if it means anything.

C

ColleenMcG

I'll have to agree with Randy, here. The Quality Policy can no longer be a nice thing to put on a plaque which is never looked at again. It must be a statement of an achievable goal for the organization.

As such, it will align with the lower level objectives of the divisions, departments, areas, individuals throughout the organization. You should be able to go "bottom-up" and trace individuals' objectives through all the intermediate objectives to an aspect of the Quality Policy.

Best of luck,

Colleen

Q

Quality-1

Thank you Randy and Collen for a great response. I almost forot the aspect of quantifying the claim that I have in my quality policy.

But the problem is that there are instances when you ship early then what customer needs (within the margin allowed by customer) is that exceeding Customer expectations.

Even if we say that we meet Customer Expectations..its not possible that ALL THE TIME we will be able to meet customer expectations..there are some times when the delivery is late or product may be defective etc etc.

So how should this be addressed. Does one has to have 100% achievement as claimed on Quality Policy?

Thanks

M

Ms.Roopa

Hello,
Our organisation policy is quite similar to what you have mentioned. Its about meeting the expectations of customers.
We do measure it through the Customer Satisfaction Sheet where our customers rate us against the criteria mentioned in it.

rgds,
Roopa

R

Randy Stewart

OTD

If you are shipping to one of the B3 you lose points for shipping early, they want it JIT. Believe me OTD means on-time for them!
Using Customer Surveys can be a useful tool, however too many times I have seen where a low score is over looked. No one did anything because that customer is only surveyed once a year or so. Another pit fall with surveys is in cost. I don't know of any customer that will give you good scores when it comes to cost - even if you give it to them for free!!! So be careful how you word the survey and make sure the questions lead to something you can grasp. I suggest that you stay away from the GOOD and SATISFACTORY marks. Too close to really determine what they mean.

Your goal should be 100% OTD and exceeding customer expectation 100% of the time. That's a perfect world and since we know customers don't always know what they want we will not always get there. The trick here is to show how your system works to correct the issue and address problems because we will not always be perfect! It's not the issue of having statements like that in the Policy, it's how the system addresses achieveing the goals.
Hope that helps. Once again, I find nothing wrong with your policy statement, ensure your system aligns with it and you'll be okay.

R

Randy Stewart

I Agree

Jim, I agree with what you are questioning. What I was trying to put across was the difference between Policy and Goals. I know too much about early and overshipments, yes it makes them mad. Meet and Exceed is a trap, I agree. How do you show it, how do you measure it? We happen to be in the prototype business so we measure development time, FEA match, etc. to show we exceed customer expectation. Most businesses are not conducive to expectations being measurable.
What do you think about this Jim? Ford has a Minority Supplier Development requirement where by suppliers must have a 5 year plan to reach, and maintain, a level of 5% of all purchases being from minority suppliers. Now if I reach that in 1 year have I not exceeded my customers expectation? Ford also requests a 2% reduction in price each year, if I drop it 3% that is exceeding the expectation. These examples are defined in the business plan (documented), monitored and measured (quantifiable) and have a specific objective (goal). May also lead into continuous improvement, etc.

Q

Quality-1

Thank you

Hi Randy and others who responded:

The thing is that the TS is asking under 5.3 -b
"includes a commitment to comply with REQUIREMENTS and continually IMPROVE the EFFECTIVENESS of the quality management system"

If we verify the EFFECTIVENESS of QMS during the IQA and Management Review..will that be sufficient?

Thanks

R

Randy Stewart

Don't get tunnel vision!

Q-1,
As some here has stated: Effectiveness = Ability to achieve desired results. You set objectives and put plans in place to achieve them. What auditors find all too often, is that companies use the verbiage but don't know what it means. Correct me if I wrong all you auditors. It is the main reason you hear the shop floor people being asked: a) What is the Quality Policy, b) What does that mean to you, and c) How does your job relate to the Policy?
Try not to restate the requirements in the standard, look at what you do to meet those requirements and put that down. To answer your question; yes it COULD be, the key is how do you do it? Just talking about it isn't enough, remember measurable, quantifiable and sustainable. Also, if you are meeting only once a year I don't think that would be adequate to show a real concern with the health of the system - IMO. :thedeal:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M New Quality Policy for ISO 9001:2015 - Please Review ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
M Quality Policy Draft - Please review Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 24
insect warfare Please Review my Quality Manual Draft Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 11
J Quality Objective Measureables - Please Review ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 14
O ISO 9001 Quality Systems Manual (QSM) advice - Please review Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 8
N Please review this Quality Policy ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 6
N Please review my Quality Policy ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 17
M Quality Manual - please review Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 6
H Please Review my Quality Manual (short manual) Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 7
H Please Review my High Level QM (Quality Management) Process Map Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 57
Anerol C Please Review and Critique my Metal Fabrication Industry Quality Manual ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 12
ScottK Please review my ISO 9001 Quality Manual and Registrar comments ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 57
D Please review my Quality Manual Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 6
A Our Quality Policy and Objectives - Please review and comment ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 7
D Re: Please review my Quality Manual Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 3
K Quality Manual Review - Please Review my QMS Manual and Comment ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 11
O Please review my Quality Manual Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 11
H My Quality Management Systems (QMS) Manual - Please review - Opinions appreciated! Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 14
E Please Review our Quality Policy Statement for content and compliance ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 10
L Please review my ISO 9001:2015 Internal Audit Plan Process Audits and Layered Process Audits 7
S New Interaction of Processes ISO 9001:2015 - Please Review ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
S Please review my Risk Analysis Table ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 13
S Please Review my APQP Training Material APQP and PPAP 4
M Continual Improvement Procedure - Please review Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 1
P Please Review my Design and Development Plan Design and Development of Products and Processes 2
B Please review my Vernier Caliper Gauge R&R Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 8
N Please Review My Tracking System Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 12
F Please review my Process Flow / PFMEA / Control Plan FMEA and Control Plans 12
A Sequence and Interaction of the Processes - Please review my Process Map ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 12
R ISO 13485 Mind Map attached - Please review and comment ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
Q Method of Document Management (Control) in Engineering - Please Review ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 4
M Incoming (Receiving) Inspection Procedure - Please Review Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 7
B Please review my QMS Overview Map ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 13
B Product Realisation Process Map - Need some help, please review and comment ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 6
W Please review and critique our new Document Control Procedure ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
M Can anybody help me with Management Review scenario please? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 8
H Supplier Monthly Performance Score Card - Please Review Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 5
W Cpk, GD&T & Minitab? Please review my methods Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 16
A Wolfram Mathematica 8 - Review or Opinions Please Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 1
A Development Project Template - Please Review and Critique Design and Development of Products and Processes 3
B 5 Why help needed Please kindly review Problem Solving, Root Cause Fault and Failure Analysis 15
6 Food Safety Objectives - Please Review Food Safety - ISO 22000, HACCP (21 CFR 120) 4
G Uncertainty Calculation in Excel - Please review my calculation General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 2
Colin Simple Preventive Action Procedure - Service Company (Please Review) Preventive Action and Continuous Improvement 20
Y Sample Data Charts (Excel table) - Please review Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 34
J Internal Audit Schedule - Please review my Internal Audit Schedule Internal Auditing 19
S Document Control Procedure Please Review Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 37
J Resume Critique - Please review my resume Career and Occupation Discussions 5
J Management Review "planned interval" define please ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 23
ScottK Soliciting Feedback for my final Black Belt project -please review my Project Charter Funny Stuff - Jokes and Humour 4