Please Review our Quality Policy Statement for content and compliance

E

energy

Quality Persons,
I know a great many of you make your living as auditors, consultants, etc., but I'm looking for a "freebie". After a contentious Steering Committee meeting reviewing 5 suggested Quality Policy statements to put in our QPM, the majority, (I was the lone dissenter) decided on this one: "energy's company is committed to maintaining a customer focused quality system that:

· Produces products and services that meet or exceed customer/regulatory requirements
· Is communicated from Top Management to all levels of the organization
· Continuously monitors and improves all aspects of our processes and procedures"

If you were auditing us, would you say it addresses the requirements for policy statements as shown in Q9001:2000 Section 5.3 a) thru e)?

I value the opinions of the people in this forum more than some of my co-workers. After all, some of these people do not care a lot about something so "trivial". Am I being paranoid or would this quality policy statement suffice?

fretting,

energy

[This message has been edited by energy (edited 07 June 2001).]

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
J

jim543

Having worked with our Management Team in several sessions to develop a Quality Policy that conforms to 5.3 of ISO 9001:2000, I believe the policy you have quoted is quite acceptable.

------------------
Jim543

A

Al Dyer

Energy:

Paraphrasing your quote:

"energy's company is committed to maintaining a customer focused quality system that:

· Produces products and services that meet or exceed customer/regulatory requirements
· Continuously monitors and improves all aspects of our processes and procedures"

------------------------------------------------
It looks fine, but some food for thought from a "QS" guy,

An auditor might ask:

How do you prove that your products and services "EXCEED" customer/regulatory requirements?

- How do you prove that you continuously monitor and improve "ALL" processes and procedures?

- Words like exceed, all, usually, sometimes, always etc... make me a little paranoid ;)

Good luck,

ASD...

[This message has been edited by Al Dyer (edited 07 June 2001).]

E

energy

Al,
I understand the question. We could show during the "Contract Review" how the customer, quite often, upgrades their systems based on our inputs regarding water quality, and eventually their discharges. They will even agree to "add-on" costs associated with recommendations. After all, we are the "experts". The monitoring processes and product for improvement is more difficult to prove. That requires audit results, customer satisfaction data, rejection activity, etc..being plotted periodically to show improvement or deterioration.

thanks for the input!

energy

Marc

Hunkered Down for the Duration
Staff member
Admin
Have you read through: http://Elsmar.com/pdf_files/Quality_Policies.txt ?

Also - remember measureables.

-> Produces products and services that meet or exceed
-> customer/regulatory requirements

Your evidence that you comply is ....?

-> Continuously monitors and improves all aspects of our
-> processes and procedures

Please list and discuss your process measureables. Include your baseline(s), how you arrived at your baseline(s), and what you have set as goals. Do you have a time set to achieve those goals? Explain how you monitor and improve your procedures.

-> Is communicated from Top Management to all levels of the
-> organization

No brainer. No problem.

Just some thoughts...

C
Energy,

I think it is fine, however,

-Considering you say meet OR exceed, I think you are covered.

-A documented management review with Quality Policy cards distributed to all employees by management and posted at the time clock should cover this

-This one is tricky, I agree with Al above, why not just stick with the verbage from the standard and say you are committed to continually improving the effectiveness of your quality management system?

Don't forget 5.3 e) I include a reference on the Management review agenda to cover this.

Just a hint to all, to insure full compliance, I have always regurgetated the ISO standard as VERBATIM as possible without infringing any copyright laws as the core of my quality manuals. I add to, but I am careful not to subtract from, the content. There is no registrar on earth that can win the argument that I do not have documentation to support each section of the standard. As long as I have the supporting evidence for each statement in my quality manual, I am golden. I have used this 3 times with complete success.

Regards,

Carl-

E

energy

Al, Marc, Carl,

Thanks. your comments reflect the concern that I had when I originally posted. In our effort to make the statement user friendly, my peers were attempting to cover all in as short a statement as possible. We will revisit this issue and, thanks to the input, make some minor (not really minor) changes to accomplish the goals of brevity as well as content.

energy

E Wall

Just Me!
Super Moderator
I have to echo Al's concerns (no need to rewrite them). But I also think visuals are better for communication (short & long term memory), so whatever you end up with you may consider how it will be presented.

Our company uses a 'pie' format (not exploded). The segregated sections are main headers of what we identify as the key components to a successful business, and for each section is a (pardon if I get the expression wrong) 'cartoon like speak box' that goes into more detail for the subject.

Hope the picture I tried to paint made sense. I can send you a copy (excel file) if you'd like, just e-mail me and I'll reply with the file.

E

energy

Ewall,Carl,Marc,Al, Jim
Were your ears ringing? I printed all the responses to this topic and carried them off to our Steering Committee meeting today. They were scrutinized by the team and were very informative. Comments coming from "professionals" was received very well. We have reached a consensus and will have a statement soon. I may have stumbled onto something here. When I go into battle, there can be a silent army in my folder. Thanks a lot.

energy

A

Al Dyer

Energy,

Thanks for the post. It's always good to read that the Cove is a good forum for helping all of us. I too have used posts in certain situations and ,like you, they have given me the ammunition I occasionally need to fight the battles.

ASD...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M New Quality Policy for ISO 9001:2015 - Please Review ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
M Quality Policy Draft - Please review Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 24
insect warfare Please Review my Quality Manual Draft Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 11
J Quality Objective Measureables - Please Review ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 14
O ISO 9001 Quality Systems Manual (QSM) advice - Please review Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 8
N Please review this Quality Policy ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 6
N Please review my Quality Policy ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 17
M Quality Manual - please review Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 6
H Please Review my Quality Manual (short manual) Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 7
H Please Review my High Level QM (Quality Management) Process Map Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 57
Anerol C Please Review and Critique my Metal Fabrication Industry Quality Manual ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 12
ScottK Please review my ISO 9001 Quality Manual and Registrar comments ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 57
D Please review my Quality Manual Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 6
A Our Quality Policy and Objectives - Please review and comment ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 7
D Re: Please review my Quality Manual Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 3
K Quality Manual Review - Please Review my QMS Manual and Comment ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 11
O Please review my Quality Manual Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 11
H My Quality Management Systems (QMS) Manual - Please review - Opinions appreciated! Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 14
Q Please Review My Quality Policy IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 9
L Please review my ISO 9001:2015 Internal Audit Plan Process Audits and Layered Process Audits 7
S New Interaction of Processes ISO 9001:2015 - Please Review ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
S Please review my Risk Analysis Table ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 13
S Please Review my APQP Training Material APQP and PPAP 4
M Continual Improvement Procedure - Please review Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 1
P Please Review my Design and Development Plan Design and Development of Products and Processes 2
B Please review my Vernier Caliper Gauge R&R Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 8
N Please Review My Tracking System Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 12
F Please review my Process Flow / PFMEA / Control Plan FMEA and Control Plans 12
A Sequence and Interaction of the Processes - Please review my Process Map ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 12
R ISO 13485 Mind Map attached - Please review and comment ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
Q Method of Document Management (Control) in Engineering - Please Review ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 4
M Incoming (Receiving) Inspection Procedure - Please Review Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 7
B Please review my QMS Overview Map ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 13
B Product Realisation Process Map - Need some help, please review and comment ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 6
W Please review and critique our new Document Control Procedure ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
M Can anybody help me with Management Review scenario please? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 8
H Supplier Monthly Performance Score Card - Please Review Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 5
W Cpk, GD&T & Minitab? Please review my methods Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 16
A Wolfram Mathematica 8 - Review or Opinions Please Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 1
A Development Project Template - Please Review and Critique Design and Development of Products and Processes 3
B 5 Why help needed Please kindly review Problem Solving, Root Cause Fault and Failure Analysis 15
6 Food Safety Objectives - Please Review Food Safety - ISO 22000, HACCP (21 CFR 120) 4
G Uncertainty Calculation in Excel - Please review my calculation General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 2
Colin Simple Preventive Action Procedure - Service Company (Please Review) Preventive Action and Continuous Improvement 20
Y Sample Data Charts (Excel table) - Please review Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 34
J Internal Audit Schedule - Please review my Internal Audit Schedule Internal Auditing 19
S Document Control Procedure Please Review Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 37
J Resume Critique - Please review my resume Career and Occupation Discussions 5
J Management Review "planned interval" define please ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 23
ScottK Soliciting Feedback for my final Black Belt project -please review my Project Charter Funny Stuff - Jokes and Humour 4