Please Review this Management Review Form

J

James Guerin

Management Review

:frust: :frust:

I don't think my attachement made it with the previous post, so hopefully here it is.

Attachments

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
D

David Hartman

James, I see nothing wrong with your agenda. In-fact, I like the way that you capture all of the required "quality" items and appear to marry at least some of the other "business" aspects as a part of this review. :cool:

S

SteelWoman

James, I agree, the agenda looks good. What do your subsequent MINUTES look like? Back in the "olden days" where I am we used to do very brief, to the point agendas like this and later produced minutes that just had the brief "bullet points" of what was discussed/decided for each point. We had an auditor STRONGLY suggest we get more detailed, at least in the minutes.

At first, I must say I chafed at the idea - there's obviously nothing in the standard that REQUIRES detailed minutes! - but I will say that as it has developed over the years the minutes themselves are powerful tools in an audit. I said in an earlier post that I often use the tact of "answering the auditor's question before s/he can ask it." I often USE the minutes from the MRT meeting to do just that - address things that came up in the MRT that I KNOW an auditor will be interested in pursuing - give them all the details THERE, in that document. She never needs to go further chasing rabbits from the MRT.

J

James Guerin

SteelWoman said:
James, I agree, the agenda looks good. What do your subsequent MINUTES look like?
The minutes from the meeting will be fairly detailed. Each agenda item will have a page or so of documentation. The element review alone is ~10 pages of observations and recommendations.

I agree with your thinking. In a past life, I found anticipating the auditor's potential concern(s), based upon our review minutes, demonstrated the company's professional mindset. Audits in those cases went very well.

Can you tell me, when you conduct management review, do you do all the notes, or does the team contribute to the final document?

S

SteelWoman

I do all the minutes. If someone brings a document to the meeting, I include that in with the published/electronic record/minutes.

I type in excess of 110WPM - I usually can produce the minutes and have them in people's email boxes within 45 minutes of the meeting itself, and they're pretty detailed!

J

James Guerin

SteelWoman said:
I do all the minutes. If someone brings a document to the meeting, I include that in with the published/electronic record/minutes.
You seem to have a pretty good process going. Being new to the current organization, I'm having trouble getting people to accept my process.

On another note, how do you complete a full review of each element in QS? Everyone likes to try to achieve a crossfunctional approach to this, but rarely have I seen true involvement from a whole management team. Usually the management rep ends up completing this task. Also, at what frequency do you conduct management review? Thanks in advance for the info.

S

SteelWoman

We conduct internal audits twice a year - every 6 months - and in those audits check HALF the elements each time, accomplishing an audit of all the elements in a calendar year. We also have External/registrar audits every 6 months, so we end up having either an internal or external audit every 3 months. Not coincidentally, our MRT meets every 3 months, typically a month AFTER an audit has occurred. So in the MRT meetings we discuss the results from the most recent audit (internal or external), thereby managing to cover all the elements in the MRT meeting over the course of the year.

J

James Guerin

SteelWoman said:

I type in excess of 110WPM - I usually can produce the minutes and have them in people's email boxes within 45 minutes of the meeting itself, and they're pretty detailed!
As far as your minutes are concerned. How long of a team report do you usually have? I know content is more important than length, but I'm curious for comparative purposes.

Also, how much raw data do you include? In the past, this company included page after page of raw data. I think they were trying to impress the auditor, or confuse him or her. I prefer more succinct summaries. You can always pull the raw data if anyone ever questions the summary.

S

SteelWoman

My minutes usually end up 4-5 pages long.
I include (and ask for from the people who present info at the meeting) "summary charts" - don't send me an excel spreadsheet with all your data for the quarter - send me ONE PAGE that summarizes. Those single pages from each process/dept get included in the minutes. I think trying to dazzle the auditor with a bunch of data leads to them pursuing things beyond the minutes because they don't understand the data and it looks like the smoke screen it is. KEEP IT SIMPLE - I tell our managers this all the time when they're providing me with data. Can Joe Q. Employee pick this sheet up and know immediately what his department/process goals are and how they're doing toward meeting those goals - quickly?? If not, back to the drawing board.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Q Method of Document Management (Control) in Engineering - Please Review ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 4
M Can anybody help me with Management Review scenario please? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 8
J Management Review "planned interval" define please ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 23
K Risk Management Procedure - Please review AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 8
M Configuration Management - Please review my procedure AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 5
H Please Review my High Level QM (Quality Management) Process Map Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 57
H My Quality Management Systems (QMS) Manual - Please review - Opinions appreciated! Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 14
Y Management Review - Please review my agenda Management Review Meetings and related Processes 20
L Please review my ISO 9001:2015 Internal Audit Plan Process Audits and Layered Process Audits 7
S New Interaction of Processes ISO 9001:2015 - Please Review ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
M New Quality Policy for ISO 9001:2015 - Please Review ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
S Please review my Risk Analysis Table ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 13
S Please Review my APQP Training Material APQP and PPAP 4
M Continual Improvement Procedure - Please review Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 1
P Please Review my Design and Development Plan Design and Development of Products and Processes 2
B Please review my Vernier Caliper Gauge R&R Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 8
N Please Review My Tracking System Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 12
M Quality Policy Draft - Please review Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 24
F Please review my Process Flow / PFMEA / Control Plan FMEA and Control Plans 12
A Sequence and Interaction of the Processes - Please review my Process Map ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 12
insect warfare Please Review my Quality Manual Draft Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 11
R ISO 13485 Mind Map attached - Please review and comment ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
M Incoming (Receiving) Inspection Procedure - Please Review Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 7
B Please review my QMS Overview Map ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 13
B Product Realisation Process Map - Need some help, please review and comment ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 6
W Please review and critique our new Document Control Procedure ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
H Supplier Monthly Performance Score Card - Please Review Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 5
W Cpk, GD&T & Minitab? Please review my methods Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 16
A Wolfram Mathematica 8 - Review or Opinions Please Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 1
A Development Project Template - Please Review and Critique Design and Development of Products and Processes 3
B 5 Why help needed Please kindly review Problem Solving, Root Cause Fault and Failure Analysis 15
6 Food Safety Objectives - Please Review Food Safety - ISO 22000, HACCP (21 CFR 120) 4
G Uncertainty Calculation in Excel - Please review my calculation General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 2
J Quality Objective Measureables - Please Review ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 14
Colin Simple Preventive Action Procedure - Service Company (Please Review) Preventive Action and Continuous Improvement 20
Y Sample Data Charts (Excel table) - Please review Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 34
J Internal Audit Schedule - Please review my Internal Audit Schedule Internal Auditing 19
S Document Control Procedure Please Review Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 37
J Resume Critique - Please review my resume Career and Occupation Discussions 5
O ISO 9001 Quality Systems Manual (QSM) advice - Please review Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 8
ScottK Soliciting Feedback for my final Black Belt project -please review my Project Charter Funny Stuff - Jokes and Humour 4
N Please review this Quality Policy ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 6
A Process description template - Please review ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 1
N Please review my Quality Policy ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 17
kmyers Please Review my Product Realization Map ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 9
9 ECR (Engineering Change Request) process - Please critique / review Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 10
J Contract Review - Please help me define the requirement 7.2.2 Info needed Contract Review Process 9
M Quality Manual - please review Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 6
R Please review my process map Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 5
W Global Phased PPAP and APQP Training - Please Review and Comment Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 8