Points to consider while defining the Quality Policy

G

Goldstarr

Hi Members,

I understand among others, few points to consider while defining quality policy is

- is appropriate to the purpose of organization.
- is reviewed for continuing stability.

Any suggestion/examples on parameters to review these points.

Thanks

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Randy

Super Moderator
Re: Quality Policy

Hi Members,

I understand among others, few points to consider while defining quality policy is

Thanks
The review is done during Management Review...It goes like this "Does the policy look OK?...Yeah, sure...." Review done

Is appropriate....Just write some words that say you'll work to meet requirments, improve, and strive for customer satisfaction

Don't try to make it more complicated than it is meant to be.:nope:

Randy

Super Moderator
Re: Quality Policy

Hey your welcome. It just looks confusing.

The term "appropriate" gets everyone mainly because "appropriate" is ambiguous.

Mikishots

Trusted Information Resource
Hi Members,

Thanks
An important point to consider revolves around backing up whatever you're stating. An example I came across recently at a company I audited; Clause 5.4.1 states that quality objectives shall be measurable and consistent with the quality policy. The company's quality policy stated that it recognizes customer satisfaction as a primary goal, but I subsequently found that there was no quality objective for customer satisfaction. This is a finding.

In addition (note that since you didn't mention what standard you're referring to, I'll assume ISO 9001), the policy statement needs to include something about continuous improvement of the effectiveness of the QMS.

Hi Members,

Thanks
Leave yourself some room for improvement! Making bold statements like "Meet and exceed customers' expectations" is rather like painting yourself into a corner!

G

Goldstarr

This is in reference to AS9100 standard. Thank everybody for their inputs.I would share one sample QP for reference.

"Our organization
is committed to comply with client requirements and expectations by providing them with products of consistent Quality,ontime Delivery and committed post sale services.These are achieved through the organization's commitment to continual improvement of all our processes"

i hope this is allright for defining our objectives.

Thanks
[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]

Mikishots

Trusted Information Resource
This is in reference to AS9100 standard. Thank everybody for their inputs.I would share one sample QP for reference.

"Our organization is committed to comply with client requirements and expectations by providing them with products of consistent Quality,ontime Delivery and committed post sale services.These are achieved through the organization's commitment to continual improvement of all our processes"

i hope this is allright for defining our objectives.

Thanks
"Consistent quality" and "committed post sale services" doesn't ring too well - consistently poor parts is still consistent quality, and I'm not entirely sure what is meant by committed post sale services; does this mean that you'll try to provide it?

E

ehatheway

I think a way to clarify "is appropriate to the purpose of the organization" is to use the Disney World policy as an example. It states something similar to "Every child leaves with a smile on their face." That policy is very appropriate to the business of Disney World. It is not appropriate to an electronics manufacturer or a carpet cleaning service. :)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Z GR&R: What if there are points out of limit in range charts? Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 1
J Stage 2 audit initial cert, few data points ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
Z Why Control Limits are not the same depending on type of exclusion of data points Using Minitab Software 7
Azaarus Looking for important points regarding First Piece Inspection Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 6
S OEM full range calibrations vs Validation special test points Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 1
M Bullet Points vs Numbered lists Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 11
Z Putting back excluded rows/data points in a control chart Using Minitab Software 0
Z Minitab - Updating Graph with specific data points Using Minitab Software 2
K Process Mapping - Inputs/Outputs/Detail Activities/Control points/Measurement? Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 4
D Lean and Elimination of QC Inspection Points in a New factory Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 9
M EU Basic UDI-DI Trigger Points - When is a new Basic UDI-DI required EU Medical Device Regulations 3
V Handling open points in design reviews 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 4
R Measurement - Center Points not taken into account Using Minitab Software 3
Marc Have you Lost some "Points"? (16 August 2018) Forum News and General Information 4
ScottK Dr. Deming's most neglected Points and Diseases Philosophy, Gurus, Innovation and Evolution 13
H How to define Root Cause when some points are out of control chart Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 6
R Understanding a few points on ISO 9001's Design and Development Planning ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 1
A Insights on Transactional Ticket Audits such Parameters, Weighting Points, etc ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
M Poka-yoke - Key Topics and Points Problem Solving, Root Cause Fault and Failure Analysis 11
M SPC with many data points from one dimension Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 16
F Control Points in a combined BRCv6 and IFS v6 system Food Safety - ISO 22000, HACCP (21 CFR 120) 1
A Clean Test according to ISO 16232 - Some points Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 2
Q Number of Calibration Verification Points - Calipers, height gages, etc General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 6
M Supplier Nonconformances - Key Points to ask a Metal Stamping Supplier Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 7
E What are Theo Points in a checklist document for a TS16949 Audit IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 1
S ANOVA/Regression - Analyzing a Dataset which contains over 4500 Points Using Minitab Software 3
BradM Covegratulations to BevD - 15,000 Karma points and a silver star Covegratulations 15
Sidney Vianna Covegratulations to Ajit Basrur - 15,000 Karma points and a silver star Covegratulations 22
Q Implementation of 8 or 9 Points Above/Below Centerline question Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 8
J Proper Amount of Data Points for Cpk Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 12
J Decision Tree using for CCP (Critical Control Points) Food Safety - ISO 22000, HACCP (21 CFR 120) 2
J Defining CCP (Critical Control Points) in a Rice Mill Plant Food Safety - ISO 22000, HACCP (21 CFR 120) 9
M Determining Critical Control Points (CCP's) in Food Safety Food Safety - ISO 22000, HACCP (21 CFR 120) 4
A Medical Device Electronic Systems Design - Points to be cleared EU Medical Device Regulations 2
S Advice for preparation of ADOA and POA audits - What are the most critical points? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 1
H Determining the Correct Sample Size when AQL points to two Sample Sizes AQL - Acceptable Quality Level 7
B Having trouble writing a directive (procedure) that points to the right place ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 15
S Audit Points for Auditing a Welding Supplier General Auditing Discussions 14
Q How Demings Point 9 (of his 14 points) is related to the FDA QSR Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 3
S Concise History of Quality ? Major breakthroughs, key turning points etc. Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 2
T Conducting the "are all points within the control limits" test when there is no LCL? Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 2
Q How to Control Hold Points in Manufacturing? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 1
Ron Rompen Assistance Needed in Calculation - How to extrapolate/calculate points on a curve Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 5
C Conclusions from weird GR&R (Gage R&R) Results - 9 of 12 points have NDC of 1 Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 3
P What are the points to be discussed in a Management Review Meeting (MRM) ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 18
M What are the strong points of Fraction Nonconforming vs. Cpk Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 6
R Accounting for (Symbols for) Data Collection Points in Process Maps Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 1
K How to establish critical limit for Critical Control Points (CCPs) Food Safety - ISO 22000, HACCP (21 CFR 120) 7
C Dial Bore Gage Contact Points leaving witness/burnish marks General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 10
B Color Individual Points on a Control Chart? Using Minitab Software 7