Poka-Yoke applied to Administrative Processes - Sales, Accounts Payable, HR

J

JMitchell

Here's a website I stumbled upon that has some examples (including one to eliminate a problem of not getting the correct signatures on a form and other administrative examples.) Hope this might help some:

http://www.mistakeproofing.com/

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
Presentation

I ran across this file recently.

Attachments

• poka_yoke.ppt
    302.5 KB · Views: 919
N

Neil

Paperless

You have already nailed my two initial thoughts; the humble checklist and required data entry screens. My only other idea for administrative mistake proofing lies in a paperless approach to record keeping. It makes a lot of sense to set up a system whereby any paper record is scanned to electronic media by type and date/time code. This saves valuable storage space and with modern back-ups is ultimately a lot more secure. This should clear away all instances of mis-filed, lost and improperly retained records. It also raises the possibility of allowing access to records by our customers. Before you jump to any negative conclusions think about this problem we have. All of our pipe shipments must go out with a physical and chemical material certification which includes actual lab test results. The customers frequently lose these documents and often need them in a hurry. QA personnel have to come in off shift to regenerate and fax a new certificate. Now if the original cert was scanned and then stored and is made available through a secured section of our webpage, the customer could log in and print off their own certification. Instant customer service and reduced costs.

Top Bottom