Political Posts - Political Posts are NOT Allowed - A Brief Discussion

• Thread starter tarheels4 - 2007
  • Start date
T

tarheels4 - 2007

vanputten said:
I see no reason to remove erroneous postings. Just like open source software, I believe it is our duty as a community to determine the best possible outcomes or conclusions. Removing postings would ruin the continuity of a discussion. Removing intermediate steps in a thought process or discussion may break the traceability of a developing discsussions.
This happens all the time when threads are split. There are also examples of capricious thread deletions by some moderators.

Jim Wynne

Super Moderator
tarheels4 said:
This happens all the time when threads are split. There are also examples of capricious thread deletions by some moderators.
I can't recall an instance of a thread being split without redirection being left behind. WRT "capricious thread deletions" you'll need to define "capricious" and perhaps give an example.

T

tarheels4 - 2007

Jim Wynne said:
I can't recall an instance of a thread being split without redirection being left behind. WRT "capricious thread deletions" you'll need to define "capricious" and perhaps give an example.
I thought you would ask Jim. As you know capricious means "on a whim", or for "no known reason". How can I show you a thread that has been deleted?

A thread named "Canada Jumps to the Right" was deleted.

Al Rosen

Staff member
Super Moderator
tarheels4 said:
I thought you would ask Jim. As you know capricious means "on a whim", or for "no known reason". How can I show you a thread that has been deleted?

A thread named "Canada Jumps to the Right" was deleted.
It was deleted due to its political nature. If politics is what you want to discuss, there are other forums.

T

tarheels4 - 2007

Al Rosen said:
It was deleted due to its political nature. If politics is what you want to discuss, there are other forums.
Not interested in participating in a pissing match, but there are many threads of a political nature that have not been deleted.

Please don't get yourself worked up Al, I know how huffy you can get when people disagree with you.

Al Rosen

Staff member
Super Moderator
tarheels4 said:
Not interested in participating in a pissing match, but there are many threads of a political nature that have not been deleted.

Please don't get yourself worked up Al, I know how huffy you can get when people disagree with you.
Not at all. I'm sure you have examples of that too.

Jim Wynne

Super Moderator
tarheels4 said:
The thread you referred to was deleted almost immediately, and it was deleted because it's sole purpose was starting a political discussion, and you know that political discussions are verboten here. Sometimes threads, as they develop, become political, at which point someone usually steps in and redirects the conversation. There's no point in deleting an entire thread that gets off topic and heads in an undesireable direction. So is there an example of an actual "capricious" deletion?

tarheels4 said:
Not interested in participating in a pissing match
Nor am I, so let's not have one... :nono:

The thread subject was, I believe, Moderators, Experts and Misinformation in the forums - A discussion... Not deletion of political threads.

/Claes

T

tarheels4 - 2007

Claes Gefvenberg said:
Nor am I, so let's not have one... :nono:

The thread subject was, I believe, Moderators, Experts and Misinformation in the forums - A discussion... Not deletion of political threads.

/Claes
You are missing the point Claes and I believe this is very relevant. It relates to inconsistency in moderation that is all. No pissing match from me. Just the facts.

Top Bottom