Political Posts - Political Posts are NOT Allowed - A Brief Discussion

• Thread starter tarheels4 - 2007
  • Start date
Marc said:
I really don't think the detetion of threads is a problem here, folks. This thread is making it sound as if it's a common occurrance and it is not.
Good point. It is most certainly not.

In fact, most of our time is spent answering questions and taking part in discussions. As forums go, this is a very calm haven to be a moderator in.

/Claes

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
B

Baldrick

Fellow Wingnut

Sorry for continuing Randy's slightly :topic: point, but I’ve also been a West Wing junkie from the start. Amazing writing and ensemble acting, and a great way for us foreign folks to learn about how your political system works over there.

The bit where I got hooked was at the end of Episode 1, where there's a heated argument going on between some religious activists and the White House Senior Staffers about the ten commandments.

Someone asks "So what IS the first commandment?" and before anyone in the room can answer, President Bartlet storms into the room (on a sprained ankle) and proclaims "I am the Lord, your God. Thou shall worship no other God before me! Boy, those were the days, huh?". The best entrance by a TV character I can remember.

We're a series behind in the UK, but I think after the slight lull in Series 5 (after Sorkin left) series 6 (which ends with Leo becoming Santos' running mate) really found its feet toward the end. I’ve got all 6 series released so far on DVD - it’s even better watching without commercials. I haven't yet seen any of series 7 (the current series being shown in the US), but it's both sad and understandable that it will be the last. I always hoped for a movie, but with the sad loss of John Spencer (one of America’s finest character actors) I'm not so sure...

Going back on topic, I haven't been on here long enough to have an opinion on most of what's being said in this thread, but I will say that IMHO this is a fantastic forum, it's totally understandable and sensible that we don't delve into political discussion, and we're all grown up enough to know when we're crossing the line. I don't see this as a big problem, and if I had a post deleted I would feel more embarrassed for causing the problem, rather than angry.

Keep up the good work everyone. :agree1:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Medical Device News Brexit - Withdrawal Agreement and Political Declaration laid before Parliament following political agreement. EU Medical Device Regulations 4
A ISO Standard to use for a Political Party Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 7
Hershal Climate (This is NOT a political discussion) Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 27
Hershal Want to mix it up in political and similar discussions? Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 2
CarolX New terms - Political Correctness Funny Stuff - Jokes and Humour 8
ScottK Political Smear Tactics - how do they affect you? Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 4
M Informational FDA Posts Information about Ethylene Oxide Sterilization and Medical Devices Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
Marc Search for Posts - By specific User Name(s) Elsmar Xenforo Forum Software Instructions and Help 1
Marc Forums - "Watching" One or More Forums for New Threads and New Posts Elsmar Xenforo Forum Software Instructions and Help 1
Marc New Posts and New Threads - Monitoring (aka "Watching") Elsmar Xenforo Forum Software Instructions and Help 1
Sidney Vianna LinkedIn bug - Anyone has any idea of how to fix this? Posts not showing for me in a Group feed. Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 2
Marc Latest Posts in Right Sidebar on the Forum Listing Home Page Forum News and General Information 6
J Downloading and/or Viewing Files Attached to Posts Elsmar Xenforo Forum Software Instructions and Help 1
Marc Plagiarism in Elsmar Cove Forum Posts Elsmar Cove Forum ToS and Forum Policies 0
Marc Searching Linkedin Posts - What am I missing? After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 14
Miner New MSA Blog Posts Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 3
Marc Copyright - Including Copyrighted Material from other Websites or Sources in Posts Elsmar Cove Forum ToS and Forum Policies 12
Marc Jennifer Kirley - Over 4000 Posts! Covegratulations 26
S Congratulations to Jim Wynne for 10000 posts - 6 July 2010 Covegratulations 17
Marc Copyright - 'Ownership' of Post Content and Files Attached to Posts Elsmar Cove Forum ToS and Forum Policies 2
somashekar New year resolution 2010 .. "No posts deleted by moderators" Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 6
Stijloor Ford posts $997 million net Q3 profit, boosts cash World News 0
Sidney Vianna Thanks Given to Others in Forum Posts Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 9
Stijloor Goldman Posts Profit and Will Raise $5 Billion World News 2
Marc The Controversial Topics forum - Keep forum or New posts to peoples blogs Forum News and General Information 9
Jim Wynne GM Posts $15.5 Billion Second-Quarter Loss World News 0
Marc Company Representatives - Posts by Company Representatives Elsmar Cove Forum ToS and Forum Policies 13
A What bad grammar in posts annoys you most? Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 101
W Copyright - Links in Posts Leading to Copyrighted Material on Other Web Sites Elsmar Cove Forum ToS and Forum Policies 25
H Links in Posts - Post Counts and Active Links in Posts Elsmar Cove Forum ToS and Forum Policies 8
Marc Ford posts its worst loss in history World News 8
Marc Bloggers Must Disclose Sponsored Posts Elsmar Cove Forum ToS and Forum Policies 2
Ajit Basrur The number of ISO13485 posts in the Elsmar Cove forums ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 12
Marc What has the ASQ done for you? ('Positive' posts ONLY) ASQ, ANAB, UKAS, IAF, IRCA, Exemplar Global and Related Organizations 16
Wes Bucey Attitudes and Intimidation in Elsmar Cove forum Posts Elsmar Cove Forum ToS and Forum Policies 62
RoxaneB Rules and Guidelines for Coffee Break Forum Threads and Posts Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 86
E Terminated - Job Seeking Advice and Discussion - Over 200 Posts with Advice Career and Occupation Discussions 204
E Civility in Forum Posts Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 94
Marc 100000 Posts and Whiskey Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 7