Portable CMM, new purchase: PROs and Cons

P

Phil Fields

Hello, this is my 1st post, and hopefully I have put it in the correct area. My company makes steam sterilizers for the healthcare industry. We are looking at possibly purchaing a portable CMM for both incoming & in-process inspection. Currently we have had a demonstration/quote for a Romer Infinite Arm. I know that Faro makes a portable CMM, are there any other manufacturers of this type of product? Also does anyone have any pro/con stories of using this type of equipemnt.

Thank you,
Phil

Coury Ferguson

Moderator here to help
Trusted Information Resource
Phil Fields said:
Hello, this is my 1st post, and hopefully I have put it in the correct area. My company makes steam sterilizers for the healthcare industry. We are looking at possibly purchaing a portable CMM for both incoming & in-process inspection. Currently we have had a demonstration/quote for a Romer Infinite Arm. I know that Faro makes a portable CMM, are there any other manufacturers of this type of product? Also does anyone have any pro/con stories of using this type of equipemnt.

Thank you,
Phil

Phil,

We use the Faro CMM and it seems to do very well. We use it mainly for final and In-process inspections so it may not work for your application of incoming, it should work with for in-process. It seems fairly easy to learn and use.

As for, if this is posted in the right forum, that will be the moderators to make that decision.

Coury Ferguson

R

ralphsulser

Phil Fields said:

Thank you,
Phil

Phil,
I once worked at a plant that bought a portable Faro Golden Arm, 6 position swival action with a computer and programs. They sent in a technician to provide 2 day training. We could move it to different locations in the plant.
We liked very much. That is the only experience I have had with a portable unit. Also had experience with Faro stationary units and the tecnicians who used it love it too. Was huge and programed to measure full floor pans. Looked like a robot going around around the buck.

F

Fletch Pedersen

Try the "Preseon" Portable CMM. Higher Accuracy than any Faro arm and is as sold (PORTABLE!). We stopped using our 3 Faro systems after we purchased our first Preseon System

Phil Fields said:

Thank you,
Phil

Top Bottom