Portable Magnetic Hardness Testers - Aerospace

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
A quick "Bump". My Thanks in advance to anyone who can help with this one.

Michael_M

Trusted Information Resource
Is anyone using - or do you know of anyone using this type of portable hardness tester? - see link below - model Qualimag DR

http://www.worldoftest.com/portable-hardness-tester-magnetic-type-qualimag-series

We would like to buy/use but the issue is that I am not finding anyone using it- so that I can have some feedback - manufacturer is quite difficult to obtain information.

Thank you in advance.

I have not used that specific model, I have used something like this and had to return it. I found out it was designed for large, non-portable material. At the time, I did not know hardness testing required that 'massive' of parts. Our parts are too small for portable hardness testing.

phoenix2368

Starting to get Involved
What kind of hardness tester you are using right now. I am looking for a hardness tester and our products are also small , general surgical instruments like forceps and scissors , clamps, rongeurs etc.

JeantheBigone

Quite Involved in Discussions
phoenix, if your parts are too small for Rockwell hardness, the only reliable way to get a hardness reading will be by sectioning, mounting and polishing and measuring using Vickers microhardness.

Depending on the geometry of your parts, you may be able to get a Vickers hardness reading on the surface; my experience has been that surface measurements often differ from measurements done on cross sections.

Hope this helps.

Top Bottom