PPAP 3rd Ed. Typo - Page 7, Section I.2.2.9.3 (Acceptance Criteria for Initial Study)

S

Spaceman Spiff

Just received a letter from AIAG stating that there is a typo on Page 7, Section I.2.2.9.3 (Acceptance Criteria for Initial Study). When I called AIAG to request a corrected copy they said that there is no corrected manual available. So, I ask that when it comes out, would I receive a copy free of charge... and they said no. I guess there is no warranty on these manuals, huh! Just thought it is a bit ironic and humorous.

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Marc

Hunkered Down for the Duration
Staff member
Admin
You expected them to provide defect free product, didn't you!

What's the typo?

S

Spaceman Spiff

Silly me! The typo is the manual currently states "1.33 >= (Index Value) >= 1.67" where as it should be "1.33 <= (Index Value) <= 1.67).

C

chuy sanchez

Can you tell us what is the "basic" changes of the 2nd vs. 3th edition ?
i made my p.o. for this book but is dificult to get it soon ( México ).
thanks for you help ...

Howard Atkins

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Admin
This is what AIAG says about PPAP 3rd edition.

PPAP-3 . . . Production Part Approval Process (PPAP Third Edition)
This manual is a requirement for production parts suppliers to DaimlerChrysler, Ford and General Motors. The Third Edition incorporates a number of revisions, which include:

1)Use of “auditable” language and a format consistent with QS-9000 Third Edition to support third party audit;
2) A reordering of the PPAP requirements aligned with the typical process flow;
3) Revision of “Preliminary Process Capability Requirements,” now called “Initial Process Studies,” to provide for the use of either Cpk or Ppk, depending on the amount and type of data available, consistent with the Statistical Process Control,SPC, reference manual;
4) Clarification of when customer notification and/or submission is required;
5) Incorporation of IASG Sanctioned Interpretations specific to PPAP;
6) Requirements for bulk material (see Bulk Material-Specific Appendix);
7) A Heavy Truck Manufacturer-Specific Appendix;
8) An enhanced glossary
The PPAP Third Edition may be used immediately upon its release.

J

John B.

Some of the advantages to the PPAP third addition are:

1) The option to have the customer to waive the retention of master samples, stock sitting on the shelf is a waste of money. However, get it in writing!
2) The ability to make changes to your program or processes that cause a bottle-neck or are found to be non value added, without having to get the customers approval. This is providing the product quality does not decrease and or it’s not a specific customer requirement.
3) It’s now much easier to read, finally makes sense, and some of the items are actually clarified. This is a great help when your QS auditor attempts to give his/her interpretation of the PPAP requirements.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
I AIAG's PPAP 3rd edition vs. PPAP 2nd edition APQP and PPAP 3
M Gap Analysis of the AIAG's PPAP Manual 2nd vs. 3rd Edition APQP and PPAP 3
A 3rd Edition PPAP File with Forms APQP and PPAP 11
J Bulk Materials Checklist form - 3rd Edition PPAP Manual APQP and PPAP 3
C 3rd rev. PPAP changes APQP and PPAP 2
T PPAP for distributors? APQP and PPAP 1
A PPAP for Fire extinguisher APQP and PPAP 2
S PPAP Progress - Visual Status Board APQP and PPAP 0
C AS9145 Appendix D PPAP Approval Form APQP and PPAP 2
Pau Calvo PPAP customer requirements in the APQP APQP and PPAP 22
V 3 PQ lots mentioned as requirement in PPAP. Is this necessary? APQP and PPAP 2
B What is the role of Quality Engineer in APQP and PPAP APQP and PPAP 3
F How to submit PPAP without IMDS APQP and PPAP 10
GreatNate Excel PPAP Tracking templates or tool wanted APQP and PPAP 1
M Where can I find examples of PPAP? APQP and PPAP 6
R Process Specification - What is the name of this PPAP form? APQP and PPAP 15
I PPAP Assembly and Components Manufacturing and Related Processes 3
F PPAP Documentation Control APQP and PPAP 8
K PPAP Phases Vs PPAP Levels APQP and PPAP 2
R Plan to Volvo Cars for capacity verification in Phase 3 of PPAP Customer and Company Specific Requirements 3
G Job interview - So I have to do a presentation on PPAP APQP and PPAP 16
J AIAG PPAP: 2.2.11.3 Acceptance Criteria for Initial Study (page 9, 4th edition) APQP and PPAP 1
M Level 3 PPAP submission of intentional defective parts APQP and PPAP 4
L Reasons to submit a new PPAP or notify the customer APQP and PPAP 3
eule del ayre List of Level 3 PPAP requirements for automotive suppliers APQP and PPAP 20
A New Supplier implementation - PPAP vs APQP APQP and PPAP 9
E Nissan (Renault) PPAP Acronyms (DNote , KFD, IR) APQP and PPAP 2
N How to deal with catalog parts suppliers who refuse to submit PPAP documents? APQP and PPAP 0
N PPAP material certificate date IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 4
P Paint shop vs PPAP requirements IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 5
N How to resolve discrepancies in Level 3 PPAP supplier dimensional reports? APQP and PPAP 11
Sidney Vianna AS9100 News PPAP in the Aerospace Sector - What is it? AS9145 - Requirements for Advanced Product Quality Planning and Production Part Approval Process AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 10
D PPAP a Rebranded Purchased Product (we don't manufacture) IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 6
E Solder thermal profiles for PPAP - Automotive IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 1
P Automotive Customer asking PPAP for catalogue parts IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 16
V PPAP documentation - Submission required in English APQP and PPAP 2
H Informational What is PPAP (Production Part Approval Process)? APQP and PPAP 22
J What level PPAP for 5 critical parts? APQP and PPAP 8
S PPAP Levels compared to Interim Class APQP and PPAP 1
E PPAP Workbook 4th APQP and PPAP 3
N Can you use parts from Run at Rate to use in your PPAP? APQP and PPAP 4
N Who shall manage PPAP process? APQP and PPAP 4
kedarg6500 APQP & PPAP for Process Industry - Concept for Waste to Energy Program APQP and PPAP 0
T PPAP differences between TS16949 and VDA APQP and PPAP 1
S Looking for a PPAP PSW, Part Submission Warrant, in Chinese APQP and PPAP 5
H Prerequisites for AIAG APQP/PPAP Certification Exam? Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 1
P Customer wants a Part Material Change - New PPAP required? APQP and PPAP 3
H I've been asked to look for PPAP Classes Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 3
M Annual Layout requirements for PPAP/Control Plan FMEA and Control Plans 6
H Require PPAP Before Qualifying Vendor? (Packaging) APQP and PPAP 2