PPAP 4th edition or VDA - VW Requirements

G

guzer

Hello,
Tell me please when my customer VW requires from me PPAP acc. to VDA but my internal rull is to have PPAP acc to PPAP 4th edition from my suppliers, it is acceptable for the customer. I do not find any information that each tier2, tier 3 etc supplier has to submit PPAP acc to VDA.

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Howard Atkins

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Ask your customer.

There is no real difference expect that VDA does not demand so many pieces of paper.
The main difference is the warrant.

michajel86

Starting to get Involved
Unfortuantelly , IT IS PROBLEM , .. you are not transfering VW requirement into your supplier chain. .. Check FORMEL Q Konkret, where is clearly stated that you as tier 1. suplier are obliged to supply also PPF (not ppap) from your suppliers according to VDA 2 .. See page 10 for detail information .Especially if you are producing parts with significant characteristics , you can be sure than in case of complaint or vehicle recall you will be responsible for everything due to not following the rules.:nope:.. If you are producing for VW you should change your internal procedures and your quality manuals for your suppliers ,where you should add a clause about Formel Q requirements.
Michal.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J AIAG PPAP: 2.2.11.3 Acceptance Criteria for Initial Study (page 9, 4th edition) APQP and PPAP 1
Mr.Happy Some useful information about the latest PPAP version - PPAP 4th edition APQP and PPAP 1
F Notification of Change of Material Supplier - PPAP Manual 4th Edition APQP and PPAP 15
O A few questions about the PPAP Manual (4th edition) APQP and PPAP 6
Jim Wynne 4th Edition PPAP manual - Bulk Materials - Can you guess what this means? APQP and PPAP 12
J PPAP Marking - Polymeric Parts - AIAG PPAP Manual 4th edition, page 4, Clause 2.2.1.2 APQP and PPAP 5
Howard Atkins Corrections to the 4th edition PPAP handbook - July 2006 APQP and PPAP 9
Howard Atkins Informational AIAG PPAP Manual 4th Edition Forms (including Control Plan) APQP and PPAP 68
S Heavy Truck 4th Edition PPAP forms needed APQP and PPAP 1
A Need help with the process flow chart on my 4th edition PPAP! APQP and PPAP 5
T I want a copy of the AIAG PPAP Manual 4th edition APQP and PPAP 4
T PPAP 4th edition - Ford Phases PPAP APQP and PPAP 10
M DaimlerChrysler (DCX) Customer Specific Requirements for PPAP 4th Edition Customer and Company Specific Requirements 8
Sidney Vianna Chrysler Customer Specific Requirements For PPAP 4th Edition IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 10
B New PSW (Part Submission Warrant) - 4th Edition PPAP Manual APQP and PPAP 38
S AIAG PPAP 4th Edition - Has anyone heard what the change(s) will be? APQP and PPAP 42
S AIAG working on PPAP 4th Edition? Revision status of AIAG documents APQP and PPAP 8
E PPAP Workbook 4th APQP and PPAP 3
S Chrysler CSR for use with PPAP 4th ed July 2011 Customer and Company Specific Requirements 0
R GM revised its Specific Requirements for TS16949 and PPAP 4th, effective immediately Customer and Company Specific Requirements 4
K OEM specific requirements - PPAP was rejected by STA Customer and Company Specific Requirements 5
T PPAP for distributors? APQP and PPAP 1
A PPAP for Fire extinguisher APQP and PPAP 2
S PPAP Progress - Visual Status Board APQP and PPAP 0
C AS9145 Appendix D PPAP Approval Form APQP and PPAP 2
Pau Calvo PPAP customer requirements in the APQP APQP and PPAP 22
V 3 PQ lots mentioned as requirement in PPAP. Is this necessary? APQP and PPAP 2
B What is the role of Quality Engineer in APQP and PPAP APQP and PPAP 3
F How to submit PPAP without IMDS APQP and PPAP 10
GreatNate Excel PPAP Tracking templates or tool wanted APQP and PPAP 1
M Where can I find examples of PPAP? APQP and PPAP 6
R Process Specification - What is the name of this PPAP form? APQP and PPAP 15
I PPAP Assembly and Components Manufacturing and Related Processes 3
F PPAP Documentation Control APQP and PPAP 8
K PPAP Phases Vs PPAP Levels APQP and PPAP 2
R Plan to Volvo Cars for capacity verification in Phase 3 of PPAP Customer and Company Specific Requirements 3
G Job interview - So I have to do a presentation on PPAP APQP and PPAP 16
M Level 3 PPAP submission of intentional defective parts APQP and PPAP 4
L Reasons to submit a new PPAP or notify the customer APQP and PPAP 3
eule del ayre List of Level 3 PPAP requirements for automotive suppliers APQP and PPAP 20
A New Supplier implementation - PPAP vs APQP APQP and PPAP 9
E Nissan (Renault) PPAP Acronyms (DNote , KFD, IR) APQP and PPAP 2
N How to deal with catalog parts suppliers who refuse to submit PPAP documents? APQP and PPAP 0
N PPAP material certificate date IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 4
P Paint shop vs PPAP requirements IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 5
N How to resolve discrepancies in Level 3 PPAP supplier dimensional reports? APQP and PPAP 11
Sidney Vianna AS9100 News PPAP in the Aerospace Sector - What is it? AS9145 - Requirements for Advanced Product Quality Planning and Production Part Approval Process AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 10
D PPAP a Rebranded Purchased Product (we don't manufacture) IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 6
E Solder thermal profiles for PPAP - Automotive IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 1
P Automotive Customer asking PPAP for catalogue parts IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 16