SBS - The Best Value in QMS software

PPAP and IMDS Penalties and Registrars

G

Gilberto - 2009

Hello all.

How much to system IMDS and penalties it has controlled and registers, somebody has greaters information ?
How much the norms and directives applied to each assembly plant somebody knows which is and long time are made the revisions and inclusion this norms ?

Grateful

Giba´s

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
D

D.Scott

Re: Ppap - Imds

Hello all.

How much to system IMDS and penalties it has controlled and registers, somebody has greaters information ?
How much the norms and directives applied to each assembly plant somebody knows which is and long time are made the revisions and inclusion this norms ?

Grateful

Giba´s
We have never had a problem with our registrars in regard to IMDS. We keep an index of each IMDS and its associated Material/product code and application.

We have no established revision review interval. Our IMDS is reviewed along with contract review so each change generates its own revision. I do have one customer who requires annual review of the IMDS.

Does this answer the questions? If not, please feel free to re-ask.

Dave

G

Gilberto - 2009

Re: Ppap - Imds

Ok Dave.

Tks

I thought that I had some criterion of revisions and inclusion for control of substances restricted and forbidden.

R

RDues

Hello Gilberto,
IMDS is linked in PPAP.
Example1: If Volkswagen doesn't receive the IMDS together with PPAP, then this will not be a big deal, except that you won't get your full PPAP acceptance. When the IMDS comes then in later for attaining the full PPAP acceptance, VW will charge the supplier a 750€ fee per part number.
Example2: Certain tier1s count missing IMDS at PPAP as a quality violation. Then the supplier will be charged per hour per part number where IMDS acceptance is missing. Really expensive!
Example3: Ford enforces IMDS compliance through their GMIR system. If the supplier won't make it to 100% compliance on IMDS (tracked in GMIR) by end of the year, then he will be a supplier of "lower cathegory" (goes in the Ford puchasing database). This means a potential business loss.

Ralf

R

RDues

Gilberto,
I have summarized all important legal and customer aspects in the attached file.

Key message: Not performing product IMDS material data submission to customers means a contractual violation -so potential business losses-. Do you want this?

Should you wish to know more about a certain impact for a specific case (customer, program, etc.) then contact me please per PM at any time. Cases can vary.

Ralf

Attachments

Manix

Get Involved!!!
Trusted Information Resource
You IMDS commitments will be specific to your customer, but all major manufacturers are now demanding IMDS submissions globally.

This customer specific approach also applies to how often reviews are required. Like has been mentioned, Ford require yearly declarations of compliance to RSMS (their specific material reporting requirement), through GMIR, but on the flip side, GM in certain territories do not even require IMDS submissions yet, so it really is customer specific.

Your registrar should take this into account when reviewing your IMDS commitments and how you are dealing with them. They should be asking, "What does your Customer want?" and "Are they getting what they want?" If you are TS, this would be covered by your commitments to "Customer Specific Requirements" and if supplying Europe would also be covered by 7.4.1.1 Regulatory Compliance

G

Gilberto - 2009

Gilberto,
I have summarized all important legal and customer aspects in the attached file.

Key message: Not performing product IMDS material data submission to customers means a contractual violation -so potential business losses-. Do you want this?

Should you wish to know more about a certain impact for a specific case (customer, program, etc.) then contact me please per PM at any time. Cases can vary.

Ralf
Ralf,

Tks.

G

Gilberto - 2009

One another doubt.

In the APQP same it informs that we must have life of our products. How much the life of the product, we have not given effective to determine with need this time, therefore we do not know which the life esteem of the vehicle where our product is applied.

We can take care of this as reply my register in system IMDS?

Note: still more when one is Bulk Material.

Note.:

My doubt is on the life of the product that is requested in the APQP book.

It will be that to indicate the life of the product being I register in cadastre it in the IMDS, is enough for the attendance?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
F How to submit PPAP without IMDS APQP and PPAP 10
S PPAP and the IMDS (International Material Data System) RoHS, REACH, ELV, IMDS and Restricted Substances 60
G PPAP 4? + IMDS - Heavy Metals Laws - Help RoHS, REACH, ELV, IMDS and Restricted Substances 3
D Is it true, that for every PPAP made is necessary to do the IMDS register? RoHS, REACH, ELV, IMDS and Restricted Substances 16
B PPAP Requirements - Laboratory results and IMDS system RoHS, REACH, ELV, IMDS and Restricted Substances 12
T PPAP requirements - Supplier's supplier's quality certificate and IMDS documentation RoHS, REACH, ELV, IMDS and Restricted Substances 31
G PPAP for Chemical Products APQP and PPAP 4
T Re-PPAP after updating CMM program? Manufacturing and Related Processes 9
J Supplier not responding to PPAP request APQP and PPAP 5
J Part submission warrant for Level 1 PPAP APQP and PPAP 1
K Should APQP/PPAP has its own section in a QM? Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 1
B Toyota PPAP Process - Three Questions APQP and PPAP 5
G Supplier delivered recent PPAP, should he deliver yearly layout inspection? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 4
F How to submit a PPAP when a subcontractor is the sole manufacturer IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
P PPAP samples retention time IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 5
K Updated MSA with the Annual PPAP validations APQP and PPAP 8
P Managing How PPAP Requirements are Communicated in the Manufacturing Process and to Suppliers APQP and PPAP 5
E Annual PPAP+ deviation request ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 4
K OEM specific requirements - PPAP was rejected by STA Customer and Company Specific Requirements 5
T PPAP for distributors? APQP and PPAP 1
A PPAP for Fire extinguisher APQP and PPAP 2
S PPAP Progress - Visual Status Board APQP and PPAP 0
C AS9145 Appendix D PPAP Approval Form APQP and PPAP 2
Pau Calvo PPAP customer requirements in the APQP APQP and PPAP 25
V 3 PQ lots mentioned as requirement in PPAP. Is this necessary? APQP and PPAP 2
B What is the role of Quality Engineer in APQP and PPAP APQP and PPAP 3
GreatNate Excel PPAP Tracking templates or tool wanted APQP and PPAP 1
M Where can I find examples of PPAP? APQP and PPAP 6
R Process Specification - What is the name of this PPAP form? APQP and PPAP 15
I PPAP Assembly and Components Manufacturing and Related Processes 3
F PPAP Documentation Control APQP and PPAP 8
K PPAP Phases Vs PPAP Levels APQP and PPAP 2
R Plan to Volvo Cars for capacity verification in Phase 3 of PPAP Customer and Company Specific Requirements 3
G Job interview - So I have to do a presentation on PPAP APQP and PPAP 16
J AIAG PPAP: 2.2.11.3 Acceptance Criteria for Initial Study (page 9, 4th edition) APQP and PPAP 1
M Level 3 PPAP submission of intentional defective parts APQP and PPAP 4
L Reasons to submit a new PPAP or notify the customer APQP and PPAP 3
eule del ayre List of Level 3 PPAP requirements for automotive suppliers APQP and PPAP 20
A New Supplier implementation - PPAP vs APQP APQP and PPAP 9
E Nissan (Renault) PPAP Acronyms (DNote , KFD, IR) APQP and PPAP 2
N How to deal with catalog parts suppliers who refuse to submit PPAP documents? APQP and PPAP 0
N PPAP material certificate date IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 4
P Paint shop vs PPAP requirements IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 5
N How to resolve discrepancies in Level 3 PPAP supplier dimensional reports? APQP and PPAP 11
Sidney Vianna AS9100 News PPAP in the Aerospace Sector - What is it? AS9145 - Requirements for Advanced Product Quality Planning and Production Part Approval Process AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 10
D PPAP a Rebranded Purchased Product (we don't manufacture) IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 6
E Solder thermal profiles for PPAP - Automotive IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 1
P Automotive Customer asking PPAP for catalogue parts IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 16
V PPAP documentation - Submission required in English APQP and PPAP 3
H Informational What is PPAP (Production Part Approval Process)? APQP and PPAP 26