PPAP Appendix F.3 "Customer Plant Connection" - Bulk Materials - Steel Coil Supplier

T

Tim M

Bulk Materials, Customer Plant Connection

Bulk Materials Appendix F of PPAP, 3rd edition, contains sub-section F.3,"Customer Plant Connection". Almost all of the information required in this section is found elsewhere in a PPAP submission (i.e. FMEA's, Control Plans, etc). The documentation that is required here is unclear. Has anyone completed a customer plant connection, and would it apply to a manufacturer of steel coils.

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
I haven't worked with the latest PPAP - maybe one of the others can help out here.

J

J Verdi

I guess I am in the same boat. We process steel coils, slit to width etc. I would like to know if anyone else creates PPAP under the "bulk materials" criteria who is also a coil processer.

T

Tim M

As the steel supplier, we usually complete the PPAP with processor information included, but we are not submitting directly to the Big 3. We usually submit PPAPs to the parts manufacturers, who in turn, submit PPAPs to the Big 3. If you are a pickle line, slitter, blanker, etc, you should probably be submitting PPAP info through the steel supplier, unless the customer is asking you for the info direct. In our case, we own the steel when it is at the processor, so we are responsible for the PPAP

J

J Verdi

Tim, You said that you usually ask for Processor PPAP information. Is this a certain level of PPAP that you request from them or is it just certain elements ie R&R studies etc. Anything you could add as a Steel coil supplier would help.

Not to change subjects but how do you all measure edge burr on your coils. Is it a measurement that you can actually put on a control chart? Thanks for any help you may have.

Top Bottom