PPAP for my tier 3 suppliers - Sub-Supplier Process Changes

S

strive

Hello
I have a question about changes in the process/changes of sub suppliers that I should present to my customer.

It's clear for me that I should inform my customer (via PPAP) about all changes at my supplier. But should I also apply the same procedure if there is a change at the sub supplier of my supplier ?

Just to information: No product or specification would be changed. I'm tier 2 supplier.

Is it anywhere clearly described ? VDA ? ISO/TS?

Regards
Strive

J

jrubio

Re: PPAP for my tier 3 suppliers

I think this issue is not covered in PPAP, therefore No necessary..
Only if your suppliers changes....

J

jrubio

But your Supplier must raise a new PPAP for you reflecting that change.
Use level 1 to this kind of changes.

I think is important to always request to our Suppliers in PPAP an updated Supplier-List as other Documents required.

Jim Wynne

Leader
Admin

strive said:
Hello
I have a question about changes in the process/changes of sub suppliers that I should present to my customer.

It's clear for me that I should inform my customer (via PPAP) about all changes at my supplier. But should I also apply the same procedure if there is a change at the sub supplier of my supplier ?

Just to information: No product or specification would be changed. I'm tier 2 supplier.

Is it anywhere clearly described ? VDA ? ISO/TS?

Regards
Strive

According to the 4th Edition of the AIAG PPAP manual (pages 13-14), you must notify your customer of

Any changes, including changes at suppliers to the organization and their suppliers, that affect customer requirements, e.g., fit, form, function, performance, duarability.

Your customer will then determine whether or not PPAP submission is required.

Jim Wynne

Leader
Admin

jrubio said:
But your Supplier must raise a new PPAP for you reflecting that change.
Use level 1 to this kind of changes.

This is wrong, as is your previous response. See my response above/

J

jrubio

Jim.

This would be a nightmare in some Electronics Fields... I think common sense need to be applied.

For that reason some Customer request the Suppliers List, and if you tell your customer that your supplier are the same.....

J

jrubio

Jim Wynne said:

I am becoming Obsolet with 4th Edition. Thanks...

J

jrubio

Jim Wynne said:

Jim. Imaging that your Customer Say no.

But for your supplier is a direct change of Supplier therefore it apply a new PPAP.

Jim Wynne

Leader
Admin
jrubio said:
Jim.

This would be a nightmare in some Electronics Fields... I think common sense need to be applied.

For that reason some Customer request the Suppliers List, and if you tell your customer that your supplier are the same.....

Customer requirements trump all other requirements. The OP was asking for an official source, and I gave it to him. How the default requirements are handled is a matter of customer preference. If PPAP is a requirement, and a customer has not explicitly waived a specific default, then the default rules.

J

jrubio

Jim Wynne said:
Customer requirements trump all other requirements. The OP was asking for an official source, and I gave it to him. How the default requirements are handled is a matter of customer preference. If PPAP is a requirement, and a customer has not explicitly waived a specific default, then the default rules.

Yes it is absolutely. This point is clear.

And the other point?.

Do your Supplier need to send you a new PPAP? I think yes.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Signed PSW directly to End customer, Tier 1 wants their own PPAP IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 6
T PPAP - Complaint from a Tier One customer concerning Product Dimension IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 26
K PPAP basic help needed - Tier 1 automotive supplier for an electrical wiring harness APQP and PPAP 4
B Question about "When PPAP is required" - Tier 2 to GM - Fabric Density on Part APQP and PPAP 24
apestate PPAP and AIAG in non-QS/TS company - Tier 2 Supplier APQP and PPAP 10
J PPAP Submission Package - Tier II supplier to a Tier I APQP and PPAP 14
R PPAP for Tier 2 APQP and PPAP 4
H To which tier do you need PPAP APQP and PPAP 7
Howard Atkins Request for annual PPAP by Tier 1 instead of an annual layout APQP and PPAP 10
R PPAP applicability - Supply molds to a Tier 1 supplier to GM QS-9000 - American Automotive Manufacturers Standard 3
S Pass-Thru PPAP Requirements Manufacturing and Related Processes 0
A Can a customer send a claim during PPAP? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 11
S PPAP machine VS tool Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 3
V Would the customer drawing change necessitate re-PPAP of the Product? APQP and PPAP 3
S Do we have to create a new PPAP to our customer if our Sub Contractor had to change? APQP and PPAP 10
Ashland78 PPAP required for repair of machine? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 5
M Is PPAP suitable for Inhouse parts? Manufacturing and Related Processes 4
K Level 1 PPAP Submission APQP and PPAP 12
M Aftermarket product PPAP approval IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 1
S PPAP- (When to issue ECN,ECR & PCN ,PCR) APQP and PPAP 2
C PPAP requirements for consumer product APQP and PPAP 2
L PPAP for reagents, biologicals APQP and PPAP 0
A PPAP Alternate Equipment IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 10
O PPAP'ed part manufacturer has discontinued production Elsmar Cove Forum Suggestions, Complaints, Problems and Bug Reports 7
D What does a level 1 (PSW) PPAP actually promise? APQP and PPAP 19
R PPAP Requirements for Tool Repair or Refurbishment APQP and PPAP 5
abrego44 AIAG PPAP manual for service part APQP and PPAP 5
A PPAP question for audit APQP and PPAP 17
G PPAP for Chemical Products APQP and PPAP 4
T Re-PPAP after updating CMM program? Manufacturing and Related Processes 9
J Supplier not responding to PPAP request APQP and PPAP 5
J Part submission warrant for Level 1 PPAP APQP and PPAP 1
K Should APQP/PPAP has its own section in a QM? Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 1
B Toyota PPAP Process - Three Questions APQP and PPAP 5
G Supplier delivered recent PPAP, should he deliver yearly layout inspection? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 7
F How to submit a PPAP when a subcontractor is the sole manufacturer IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
P PPAP samples retention time IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 5
K Updated MSA with the Annual PPAP validations APQP and PPAP 8
P Managing How PPAP Requirements are Communicated in the Manufacturing Process and to Suppliers APQP and PPAP 5
E Annual PPAP+ deviation request ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 4
K OEM specific requirements - PPAP was rejected by STA Customer and Company Specific Requirements 5
T PPAP for distributors? APQP and PPAP 1
A PPAP for Fire extinguisher APQP and PPAP 2
S PPAP Progress - Visual Status Board APQP and PPAP 0
C AS9145 Appendix D PPAP Approval Form APQP and PPAP 2
Pau Calvo PPAP customer requirements in the APQP APQP and PPAP 25
V 3 PQ lots mentioned as requirement in PPAP. Is this necessary? APQP and PPAP 2
B What is the role of Quality Engineer in APQP and PPAP APQP and PPAP 5
F How to submit PPAP without IMDS APQP and PPAP 10
GreatNate Excel PPAP Tracking templates or tool wanted APQP and PPAP 1