PPAP for my tier 3 suppliers - Sub-Supplier Process Changes

S

strive

Hello
I have a question about changes in the process/changes of sub suppliers that I should present to my customer.

It's clear for me that I should inform my customer (via PPAP) about all changes at my supplier. But should I also apply the same procedure if there is a change at the sub supplier of my supplier ?

Just to information: No product or specification would be changed. I'm tier 2 supplier.

Is it anywhere clearly described ? VDA ? ISO/TS?

Regards
Strive

J

jrubio

Re: PPAP for my tier 3 suppliers

I think this issue is not covered in PPAP, therefore No necessary..
Only if your suppliers changes....

J

jrubio

But your Supplier must raise a new PPAP for you reflecting that change.
Use level 1 to this kind of changes.

I think is important to always request to our Suppliers in PPAP an updated Supplier-List as other Documents required.

Jim Wynne

Leader
Admin

strive said:
Hello
I have a question about changes in the process/changes of sub suppliers that I should present to my customer.

It's clear for me that I should inform my customer (via PPAP) about all changes at my supplier. But should I also apply the same procedure if there is a change at the sub supplier of my supplier ?

Just to information: No product or specification would be changed. I'm tier 2 supplier.

Is it anywhere clearly described ? VDA ? ISO/TS?

Regards
Strive

According to the 4th Edition of the AIAG PPAP manual (pages 13-14), you must notify your customer of

Any changes, including changes at suppliers to the organization and their suppliers, that affect customer requirements, e.g., fit, form, function, performance, duarability.

Your customer will then determine whether or not PPAP submission is required.

Jim Wynne

Leader
Admin

jrubio said:
But your Supplier must raise a new PPAP for you reflecting that change.
Use level 1 to this kind of changes.

This is wrong, as is your previous response. See my response above/

J

jrubio

Jim.

This would be a nightmare in some Electronics Fields... I think common sense need to be applied.

For that reason some Customer request the Suppliers List, and if you tell your customer that your supplier are the same.....

J

jrubio

Jim Wynne said:

I am becoming Obsolet with 4th Edition. Thanks...

J

jrubio

Jim Wynne said:

Jim. Imaging that your Customer Say no.

But for your supplier is a direct change of Supplier therefore it apply a new PPAP.

Jim Wynne

Leader
Admin
jrubio said:
Jim.

This would be a nightmare in some Electronics Fields... I think common sense need to be applied.

For that reason some Customer request the Suppliers List, and if you tell your customer that your supplier are the same.....

Customer requirements trump all other requirements. The OP was asking for an official source, and I gave it to him. How the default requirements are handled is a matter of customer preference. If PPAP is a requirement, and a customer has not explicitly waived a specific default, then the default rules.

J

jrubio

Jim Wynne said:
Customer requirements trump all other requirements. The OP was asking for an official source, and I gave it to him. How the default requirements are handled is a matter of customer preference. If PPAP is a requirement, and a customer has not explicitly waived a specific default, then the default rules.

Yes it is absolutely. This point is clear.

And the other point?.

Do your Supplier need to send you a new PPAP? I think yes.

Top Bottom