PPAP Master Parts - Do we have to save the original PPAP parts?

D
PPAP Master Parts

The PPAP Manual states we must keep a master part and label it accordingly. Currently we keep 6 pieces from the PPAP,and the next production run we keep 6 new ones from that order and throw the old six away. None of them are specified as master parts.
Are we in compliance?

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Howard Atkins

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Admin
There are 2 seperate issues as I see it.
PPAP master samples should be kept as examples of the parts submitted, the parts that you keep afterwards from production are to help you if you have a problem later with this specific production lot.
I would suggest that you keep more than the latest samples but at least a year or two backwards.
You must keep master samples seperately as a different subject

Marc

Hunkered Down for the Duration
Staff member
Admin
My two cents worth here is to say talk to your customer's supplier QA activity and ASK what they want SPECIFICALLY. I say this because I have seen different requirements from customers. In one case PPAP sample retention time and number was dictated by the size of the part (in that case it was hoods which were metal stamped). Doesn't hurt to check with your customer.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
V Do I need to have Supplier Master PPAP Samples? I see in AIAG 4.1 APQP and PPAP 4
J Requirements for Retaining PPAP Master Samples APQP and PPAP 2
J PPAP 1.2.2.17 Master Sample IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 4
K Updated MSA with the Annual PPAP validations APQP and PPAP 3
P Managing How PPAP Requirements are Communicated in the Manufacturing Process and to Suppliers APQP and PPAP 5
E Annual PPAP+ deviation request ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 4
K OEM specific requirements - PPAP was rejected by STA Customer and Company Specific Requirements 5
T PPAP for distributors? APQP and PPAP 1
A PPAP for Fire extinguisher APQP and PPAP 2
S PPAP Progress - Visual Status Board APQP and PPAP 0
C AS9145 Appendix D PPAP Approval Form APQP and PPAP 2
Pau Calvo PPAP customer requirements in the APQP APQP and PPAP 25
V 3 PQ lots mentioned as requirement in PPAP. Is this necessary? APQP and PPAP 2
B What is the role of Quality Engineer in APQP and PPAP APQP and PPAP 3
F How to submit PPAP without IMDS APQP and PPAP 10
GreatNate Excel PPAP Tracking templates or tool wanted APQP and PPAP 1
M Where can I find examples of PPAP? APQP and PPAP 6
R Process Specification - What is the name of this PPAP form? APQP and PPAP 15
I PPAP Assembly and Components Manufacturing and Related Processes 3
F PPAP Documentation Control APQP and PPAP 8
K PPAP Phases Vs PPAP Levels APQP and PPAP 2
R Plan to Volvo Cars for capacity verification in Phase 3 of PPAP Customer and Company Specific Requirements 3
G Job interview - So I have to do a presentation on PPAP APQP and PPAP 16
J AIAG PPAP: 2.2.11.3 Acceptance Criteria for Initial Study (page 9, 4th edition) APQP and PPAP 1
M Level 3 PPAP submission of intentional defective parts APQP and PPAP 4
L Reasons to submit a new PPAP or notify the customer APQP and PPAP 3
eule del ayre List of Level 3 PPAP requirements for automotive suppliers APQP and PPAP 20
A New Supplier implementation - PPAP vs APQP APQP and PPAP 9
E Nissan (Renault) PPAP Acronyms (DNote , KFD, IR) APQP and PPAP 2
N How to deal with catalog parts suppliers who refuse to submit PPAP documents? APQP and PPAP 0
N PPAP material certificate date IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 4
P Paint shop vs PPAP requirements IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 5
N How to resolve discrepancies in Level 3 PPAP supplier dimensional reports? APQP and PPAP 11
Sidney Vianna AS9100 News PPAP in the Aerospace Sector - What is it? AS9145 - Requirements for Advanced Product Quality Planning and Production Part Approval Process AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 10
D PPAP a Rebranded Purchased Product (we don't manufacture) IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 6
E Solder thermal profiles for PPAP - Automotive IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 1
P Automotive Customer asking PPAP for catalogue parts IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 16
V PPAP documentation - Submission required in English APQP and PPAP 3
H Informational What is PPAP (Production Part Approval Process)? APQP and PPAP 26
J What level PPAP for 5 critical parts? APQP and PPAP 8
S PPAP Levels compared to Interim Class APQP and PPAP 1
E PPAP Workbook 4th APQP and PPAP 3
N Can you use parts from Run at Rate to use in your PPAP? APQP and PPAP 4
N Who shall manage PPAP process? APQP and PPAP 4
kedarg6500 APQP & PPAP for Process Industry - Concept for Waste to Energy Program APQP and PPAP 0
T PPAP differences between TS16949 and VDA APQP and PPAP 1
S Looking for a PPAP PSW, Part Submission Warrant, in Chinese APQP and PPAP 5
H Prerequisites for AIAG APQP/PPAP Certification Exam Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 2
P Customer wants a Part Material Change - New PPAP required? APQP and PPAP 3
H I've been asked to look for PPAP Classes Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 3