PPAP par. 1.2.2.2. Any authorized Engineering change documents

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
B

billsfan

Dear vaanhb & others,
Para. 1.2.2.2 states; "The supplier shall have any authorized engineering change documents not yet recorded in the design record but incorporated in the product, part or tooling." If, in your mfg. environment, when it's time to PPAP there are no issues with the drawing or the part, then there is no problem. In my little corner of the world, sometimes changes to the part, process or tooling occur, with the approval of the customer, however this change has not yet been incorporated in the drawing. There must be a way to document this change and include it in the PPAP package. Many of my customers have there own forms for this, ie; Supplier Process Change Request/Reply, or Supplier Request for Engineering Approval. Sometimes forms are not available or the customer will simply "mark-up" a drawing and initial and date the change. There is a line on the Part Submission Warrant for this. See pg. 52, Appendix A, #5. When applicable, I usually put the customer assigned form # here, or if no form available, a note with a brief discription of the approved change. I must stress here, that these are APPROVED changes by the CUSTOMER proir to PPAP. As long as they are aware and have approved then they can direct you how to handle it as far as documentation.
Hope this has been of some help.
Peace...........

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T PPAP for distributors? APQP and PPAP 1
A PPAP for Fire extinguisher APQP and PPAP 2
S PPAP Progress - Visual Status Board APQP and PPAP 0
C AS9145 Appendix D PPAP Approval Form APQP and PPAP 2
Pau Calvo PPAP customer requirements in the APQP APQP and PPAP 22
V 3 PQ lots mentioned as requirement in PPAP. Is this necessary? APQP and PPAP 2
B What is the role of Quality Engineer in APQP and PPAP APQP and PPAP 3
F How to submit PPAP without IMDS APQP and PPAP 10
GreatNate Excel PPAP Tracking templates or tool wanted APQP and PPAP 1
M Where can I find examples of PPAP? APQP and PPAP 6
R Process Specification - What is the name of this PPAP form? APQP and PPAP 15
I PPAP Assembly and Components Manufacturing and Related Processes 3
F PPAP Documentation Control APQP and PPAP 8
K PPAP Phases Vs PPAP Levels APQP and PPAP 2
R Plan to Volvo Cars for capacity verification in Phase 3 of PPAP Customer and Company Specific Requirements 3
G Job interview - So I have to do a presentation on PPAP APQP and PPAP 16
J AIAG PPAP: 2.2.11.3 Acceptance Criteria for Initial Study (page 9, 4th edition) APQP and PPAP 1
M Level 3 PPAP submission of intentional defective parts APQP and PPAP 4
L Reasons to submit a new PPAP or notify the customer APQP and PPAP 3
eule del ayre List of Level 3 PPAP requirements for automotive suppliers APQP and PPAP 20
A New Supplier implementation - PPAP vs APQP APQP and PPAP 9
E Nissan (Renault) PPAP Acronyms (DNote , KFD, IR) APQP and PPAP 2
N How to deal with catalog parts suppliers who refuse to submit PPAP documents? APQP and PPAP 0
N PPAP material certificate date IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 4
P Paint shop vs PPAP requirements IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 5
N How to resolve discrepancies in Level 3 PPAP supplier dimensional reports? APQP and PPAP 11
Sidney Vianna AS9100 News PPAP in the Aerospace Sector - What is it? AS9145 - Requirements for Advanced Product Quality Planning and Production Part Approval Process AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 10
D PPAP a Rebranded Purchased Product (we don't manufacture) IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 6
E Solder thermal profiles for PPAP - Automotive IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 1
P Automotive Customer asking PPAP for catalogue parts IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 16
V PPAP documentation - Submission required in English APQP and PPAP 2
H Informational What is PPAP (Production Part Approval Process)? APQP and PPAP 22
J What level PPAP for 5 critical parts? APQP and PPAP 8
S PPAP Levels compared to Interim Class APQP and PPAP 1
E PPAP Workbook 4th APQP and PPAP 3
N Can you use parts from Run at Rate to use in your PPAP? APQP and PPAP 4
N Who shall manage PPAP process? APQP and PPAP 4
kedarg6500 APQP & PPAP for Process Industry - Concept for Waste to Energy Program APQP and PPAP 0
T PPAP differences between TS16949 and VDA APQP and PPAP 1
S Looking for a PPAP PSW, Part Submission Warrant, in Chinese APQP and PPAP 5
H Prerequisites for AIAG APQP/PPAP Certification Exam? Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 1
P Customer wants a Part Material Change - New PPAP required? APQP and PPAP 3
H I've been asked to look for PPAP Classes Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 3
M Annual Layout requirements for PPAP/Control Plan FMEA and Control Plans 6
H Require PPAP Before Qualifying Vendor? (Packaging) APQP and PPAP 2
H Manufacturer vs. Supplier - Which is which on PPAP Forms APQP and PPAP 3
B PPAP: Submission, requirement to have all data in one file? APQP and PPAP 4
S "Update" the PPAP Package after Mass Production Commences APQP and PPAP 2
T Where can I get a PPAP workbook in Excel .xls with links? APQP and PPAP 1
C PPAP Rejection for "MSA-GR&R are not using the latest AIAG format" APQP and PPAP 9