PPAP - When to Send a PSW Warrant

R

Rosana

Ppap

Do I need to send the PSW to every customer or only those that ask for them?

I have the Production Part Approval Process Third Edition, is this the last one? Or Do I need to update it?

Thanks

Rosana :)

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Howard Atkins

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Admin
The 3rd edition is the latest.
I don't quite understand your question. If you submit PPAP you need PSW, if you don't you don't.
Please can you elaborate.

J

JAN2 - 2013

Rosana

When customer ask for you must to send the PSW .

The Production Part Approval Process Third Edition, is last

I

IceZebra

It's up to your customer

Rosana,

TS requires only that your organization conform to an approval procedure recognized by your customer.

If your customer recognizes AIAG's PPAP manual (3rd Edition) as their approval process, then you must submit the PSW but I would think that regardless of what procedure/process your customer requires you to follow, you will need some sort of PSW (it may just be called something else).

How many customers do you have and what are their requirements as far as process approval? I would think that this would be defined in their P.O.

R

Rosana

I have around 1000 customers. Some customers want:

* 50 of our products every 3 months

* 100 of our products every year

* 200 of our products every week

We have many small customers and a few big customers. Only one customer asks that we meet the Production Part Approval Process requirements. So I need to submit the PSW. But what about the other customers (the small ones)? Do I need to submit the PSW if the small customers don't require it?

I hope this is clear. I am so confused with this subject and I am new to this so I think my technical vocabulary is not very advanced.

Thanks for all the answers

Rosana

I

IceZebra

Yikes!

Rosana,

The short answer is, give them exactly what they have asked for but I think this issue is a lot bigger than I thought when I originally read your post. Don't put yourself through a lot of headaches if no one is even asking for it. PPAP's can be quite involved, depending on the complexity of the part/process.

Maybe you could answer these few questions and that might help to clarify things (for me anyway; maybe other forum contributors are getting it the first time):
  • What industry are you in?
  • How many different products do you have?
  • Are these new products or products that have undergone some sort of change to them?
Don't worry about your confusion. The people who dream up these manuals sometimes can't even tell you what they want. You need to be clairvoyant. :)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
P Bulk Material Requirements Checklist to send along with my PPAP APQP and PPAP 2
V Mandatory to send to the Customers FMEA in a PPAP level 3 - Doubt IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 36
M PPAP Review Updated yearly but not send to Customer - Is it Right? APQP and PPAP 12
R Sister Plant PPAP Question - Can we hold the PPAP paperwork and not send it to them? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 13
R When Is PPAP Required? What Should We send? APQP and PPAP 15
A Can we send PPAP samples without completing the tests? QS-9000 - American Automotive Manufacturers Standard 2
A How can I send PPAP samples without getting their acceptance of the deviations QS-9000 - American Automotive Manufacturers Standard 10
F How to submit a PPAP when a subcontractor is the sole manufacturer IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
P PPAP samples retention time IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 5
K Updated MSA with the Annual PPAP validations APQP and PPAP 8
P Managing How PPAP Requirements are Communicated in the Manufacturing Process and to Suppliers APQP and PPAP 5
E Annual PPAP+ deviation request ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 4
K OEM specific requirements - PPAP was rejected by STA Customer and Company Specific Requirements 5
T PPAP for distributors? APQP and PPAP 1
A PPAP for Fire extinguisher APQP and PPAP 2
S PPAP Progress - Visual Status Board APQP and PPAP 0
C AS9145 Appendix D PPAP Approval Form APQP and PPAP 2
Pau Calvo PPAP customer requirements in the APQP APQP and PPAP 25
V 3 PQ lots mentioned as requirement in PPAP. Is this necessary? APQP and PPAP 2
B What is the role of Quality Engineer in APQP and PPAP APQP and PPAP 3
F How to submit PPAP without IMDS APQP and PPAP 10
GreatNate Excel PPAP Tracking templates or tool wanted APQP and PPAP 1
M Where can I find examples of PPAP? APQP and PPAP 6
R Process Specification - What is the name of this PPAP form? APQP and PPAP 15
I PPAP Assembly and Components Manufacturing and Related Processes 3
F PPAP Documentation Control APQP and PPAP 8
K PPAP Phases Vs PPAP Levels APQP and PPAP 2
R Plan to Volvo Cars for capacity verification in Phase 3 of PPAP Customer and Company Specific Requirements 3
G Job interview - So I have to do a presentation on PPAP APQP and PPAP 16
J AIAG PPAP: 2.2.11.3 Acceptance Criteria for Initial Study (page 9, 4th edition) APQP and PPAP 1
M Level 3 PPAP submission of intentional defective parts APQP and PPAP 4
L Reasons to submit a new PPAP or notify the customer APQP and PPAP 3
eule del ayre List of Level 3 PPAP requirements for automotive suppliers APQP and PPAP 20
A New Supplier implementation - PPAP vs APQP APQP and PPAP 9
E Nissan (Renault) PPAP Acronyms (DNote , KFD, IR) APQP and PPAP 2
N How to deal with catalog parts suppliers who refuse to submit PPAP documents? APQP and PPAP 0
N PPAP material certificate date IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 4
P Paint shop vs PPAP requirements IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 5
N How to resolve discrepancies in Level 3 PPAP supplier dimensional reports? APQP and PPAP 11
Sidney Vianna AS9100 News PPAP in the Aerospace Sector - What is it? AS9145 - Requirements for Advanced Product Quality Planning and Production Part Approval Process AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 10
D PPAP a Rebranded Purchased Product (we don't manufacture) IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 6
E Solder thermal profiles for PPAP - Automotive IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 1
P Automotive Customer asking PPAP for catalogue parts IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 16
V PPAP documentation - Submission required in English APQP and PPAP 3
H Informational What is PPAP (Production Part Approval Process)? APQP and PPAP 26
J What level PPAP for 5 critical parts? APQP and PPAP 8
S PPAP Levels compared to Interim Class APQP and PPAP 1
E PPAP Workbook 4th APQP and PPAP 3
N Can you use parts from Run at Rate to use in your PPAP? APQP and PPAP 4
N Who shall manage PPAP process? APQP and PPAP 4