Ppk results shown as asterisk after the transformation of Non-normal data

Hi all,

I used Minitab 17 to calculated the Ppk of my 30 samples non-normal data and it's resulted as an asterisk for Ppk results in 1 set of data (The rest of data are include with both normal and non-normal and it's normally shown the Cpk/Ppk result in both normal and non-normal run). So I would like to ask if there any cause that make this data set failed to shown the Ppk results?

BTW my failed data set is as below:
n = 30
Subgroup = 1
LCL = 5176.5
UCL = 5278.0

*FYI. for my failed run I used Weibull base on its p-value has the most fit distribution.

Thanks.

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A How to interpret Minitab Results? What is difference in Cpk and Ppk values? Using Minitab Software 2
R Cpk & Ppk and Differences between Minitab and an Excel Spreadsheet Results Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 4
W LTPD, AQL, Ppk and Cpk validation sampling plan table Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 0
A Interpretation with regards to Ppk > Cpk Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 14
E SPC Production - Getting Cpk and Ppk Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 8
D Signal Detection-If Ppk>1, compare measurement system to process. Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 1
V When to use Cp Cpk and Pp Ppk Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 4
S Value of Ppk or Cpk when targeting thinner material Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 4
S Is there a minimum industry standard for PpK ? Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 8
B Cpk vs Ppk to look at the Capability by Fixture Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 4
V Customer requires CpK 2 and PpK 1.5 Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 2
R Which of the following indicators is important for Operations - Ppk, Cpk, or Cpm? Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 15
R When Pp>2, and Ppk<1.33, can we approve a new process? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
U Cpk and Ppk for different Countries/Standards Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 7
M Advise on R Chart with Ppk of 17.85 for Ford Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 37
B Understanding why my CpK and PpK are low, and LCL Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 20
S Ppk for Combined Data Sets Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 6
S Which one is better to calculate, Cpk or Ppk? Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 11
N How to make a MSA for an Attribute Gauge if the Pp=Ppk=1.33 Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 9
A How to calculate Cpk & Ppk if the tolerance changes during the period? Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 5
B Formula Data Validation Set for Cp, Cpk, Pp & Ppk Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 1
S Is a Stable Process (within Control Limits) required for Calculating Pp, Ppk? Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 6
A Ppk Issue - Some Products have Unilateral Tolerances Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 24
F Please share an MS Excel sheet to calculate Cpk and Ppk Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 1
B Sample Size based on Process Capability Indices (Pp/Ppk)? Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 20
R Ppk vs Cpk: Big Differences - What conclusion can I reach about my process? Six Sigma 3
J Cpk & Ppk - Reviewing a PPAP Package - Some questions Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 8
J Need help calculating actual Ppk - Result of % GR&R=11.8% when conducting MSA Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 11
M When a moving range is 0, is it acceptable to have a PP/PPK of 0 also? Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 8
S Ppk & Cpk - Within Subgroup Variation is always smaller than Total Variation Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 18
V CNC Process Validation Cpk Ppk & In-Process Inspection Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 7
S Pp/Ppk & Cp/Cpk - Which is appropriate for Long/Short Term Study? Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 20
S How is Cpk /Ppk value calculated in Minitab since I have subgroup size of 1 Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 1
R Customer Rquest for Real Ppk? Get Real... APQP and PPAP 2
Q When to use Cpk or Ppk for a Process Capability Study? Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 14
A Deciding on when to go for Cp & Cpk or Pp & Ppk Study? Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 3
M Minimum number of samples to inspected for Pp & Ppk study ? Any statistical proof?? Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 4
M How to Do Ppk on Non-Normal Data Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 10
C Understanding the relationship of Pp, Ppk, Cp, Cpk Six Sigma 4
A Ppk Reporting - Ideas to make it more meaningful for Management Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 3
S Cpk and Ppk Differences and Questions Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 5
E Cpk and Ppk template wanted Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 3
Q ASQ CSSBB Question on Cpk and PPk , can you solve it ? Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 15
J Using Ppk to set up Control Plans - Injection molding Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 7
M Calculation of Cpk and Ppk for an unstable process Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 7
Q PPK, CPK of >= 1.67 Automotive Requirement and Auditing IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 1
P Individual & MR chart - Ppk or Cpk? Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 9
K Normality of distribution prior to Cpk and PpK Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 4
R Can Ppk value be greater than Cpk and if yes, under what conditions? Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 10
C Is it possible to get Pp,Ppk more than the within subgroup (Cp,Cpk's) indices? Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 7