Ppk vs Cpk - A Good, clear explanation and How Mini-Tab Handles Certain Statistics

K

kumaresanr

Re: Ppk vs Cpk - A Good, clear explanation and How Mini-Tab Handles Certain Statistic

can you give the some examples how to calculate standard deviation for both ppk as well as cpk

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

jimmymustang06

Involved In Discussions
By the way, Don, your paper CPK.pdf has been downloaded 525 times so far this month alone.

I am glad some are finding it useful. Or at least, I hope they are.

Regards,
Don

[This message has been edited by Don Winton (edited 29 March 2000).]

It's the gift that keeps on giving.. 20 years later, I'm downloading it to try and get my head around this stuff. Kinda feels like time travel. :)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A Interpretation with regards to Ppk > Cpk Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 14
E SPC Production - Getting Cpk and Ppk Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 8
V When to use Cp Cpk and Pp Ppk Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 4
Sean Kelley Value of Ppk or Cpk when targeting thinner material Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 4
B Cpk vs Ppk to look at the Capability by Fixture Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 4
V Customer requires CpK 2 and PpK 1.5 Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 2
R Which of the following indicators is important for Operations - Ppk, Cpk, or Cpm? Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 15
U Cpk and Ppk for different Countries/Standards Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 7
B Understanding why my CpK and PpK are low, and LCL Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 20
S Which one is better to calculate, Cpk or Ppk? Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 11
A How to calculate Cpk & Ppk if the tolerance changes during the period? Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 5
Barahir Formula Data Validation Set for Cp, Cpk, Pp & Ppk Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 1
F Please share an MS Excel sheet to calculate Cpk and Ppk Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 1
R Ppk vs Cpk: Big Differences - What conclusion can I reach about my process? Six Sigma 3
A How to interpret Minitab Results? What is difference in Cpk and Ppk values? Using Minitab Software 2
J Cpk & Ppk - Reviewing a PPAP Package - Some questions Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 8
S Ppk & Cpk - Within Subgroup Variation is always smaller than Total Variation Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 18
V CNC Process Validation Cpk Ppk & In-Process Inspection Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 7
S Pp/Ppk & Cp/Cpk - Which is appropriate for Long/Short Term Study? Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 20
R Cpk & Ppk and Differences between Minitab and an Excel Spreadsheet Results Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 4
S How is Cpk /Ppk value calculated in Minitab since I have subgroup size of 1 Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 1
Q When to use Cpk or Ppk for a Process Capability Study? Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 14
A Deciding on when to go for Cp & Cpk or Pp & Ppk Study? Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 3
C Understanding the relationship of Pp, Ppk, Cp, Cpk Six Sigma 4
S Cpk and Ppk Differences and Questions Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 5
E Cpk and Ppk template wanted Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 3
Q ASQ CSSBB Question on Cpk and PPk , can you solve it ? Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 15
M Calculation of Cpk and Ppk for an unstable process Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 7
Q PPK, CPK of >= 1.67 Automotive Requirement and Auditing IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 1
P Individual & MR chart - Ppk or Cpk? Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 9
K Normality of distribution prior to Cpk and PpK Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 4
R Can Ppk value be greater than Cpk and if yes, under what conditions? Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 10
C Is it possible to get Pp,Ppk more than the within subgroup (Cp,Cpk's) indices? Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 7
S Are Pp and Ppk more useful than Cp and Cpk as a benchmark for further studies? Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 1
J Using Pin Gages as a Measurement Tool for Ppk/Cpk studies Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 11
B Difference between Ppk (Preliminary), Cpk, Performance Capability Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 2
D Real life example of the difference between Cpk and Ppk Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 0
N Cpk vs Ppk - Which should you use and How to Calculate Cpk and Ppk Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 25
V Quality Control Index - We thought that Cpk or Ppk would be good choices Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 6
Tim Folkerts Interpreting the common capability indices: Cp, Cpk, Pk, and Ppk. The Reading Room 5
J Machine issue in Cpk/Ppk and Control Plan - PPAP Submissions APQP and PPAP 5
D Use of an outlier in calculating Cpk/Ppk Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 8
N Analysis of non-normal stratified data for cpk/ppk? Rupture test Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 6
F Ppk/Cpk value with 1-sided specification - Only given a lower specification Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 1
S Ppk/Cpk for geometrical true position of hole with MMC Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 15
Howard Atkins Validation of Cpk and Ppk calculations - Sheet to check Cpk and Ppk values Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 4
S What is the meaning of "k" in Cpk and Ppk? And Cpk vs. Ppk Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 15
A Capability Indexes for ISO/TS16949 - Cpk & Ppk after PPAP Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 6
C I need help verifying formula's in a database for LCL UCL Cp Cpk PPk Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 14
S Calculating Cpk/Ppk Simultaneously in SPC software Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 6