PQ Systems User Community information?

Blackjack_60

Registered
I will provide two personal examples. We had Preventive Maintenance in the Navy, and the cycles were simply stated as weekly, monthly, quarterly, or annually. So if I wanted to schedule a monthly, I would make the due date the end of the month. Granted we actually set up a daily schedule for what would be worked when.

When I was working at Department of Energy facilities, it was must more restrictive. If it was a monthly, that was to be based upon the last date it was completed. You could not do a PM on the First of April, and then the next on the 30th of May. There was also a complicating factor that some PM's had "Grace Periods" that allowed you to exceed the periodicity IF YOU NEEDED TO, but you absolutely could not exceed the grace period.
Are "Grace Periods" even allowed for AS9100 organziations?

2tall

Registered
We sometimes use gagepack as a reminder to other specific tasks not relating to gauging and the gauging rules of calibrations etc.. Such things as changing out a filter or doing a preventative maintenance check. It is much easier to have all month to do the task rather than scheduling if for a specific day.

Top Bottom