PQ Systems User Community information?

Steve Prevette

Deming Disciple
Leader
Super Moderator
OK, here are the points I would make. I assume by NRC auditor you mean Nuclear Regulatory Commision. I worked on the DOE side of nuclear, but we followed most of the same source rules. By the way, I wrote the chapter on Control of Electronic Records in the new edition of the "Nuclear Auditing Handbook" from ASQ. So I have researched by DOE and NRC requirements for electronic records. There is a lot more such as backup copies, safeguarding the software, making sure only approved trained and qualified persons use the software, etc.

1. I don't work for the maker of GAGEpack, so do not know what it would take to modify the GAGEpack software. I see they are a COVE Forum sponsor, so someone here may have a connection to them

2. You need to decide what is "THE RECORD" when it comes to your certificates. If "THE RECORD" is indeed the electronic software called GAGEpack, then so be it. That software needs to be controlled as an electronic record. So, no, you would not be taking screen shots with an NRC auditor "breathing down your neck" You would say - sir or madam, this is the official record for that gage, here it is. Be that a file of pdf shots, or the software itself.

3. If you choose to take screenshots, make pdf's etc from the GAGEpack software, then that needs to follow some sort of quality controlled procedure as to how those copies are to be made, and if the copies then become "THE RECORD", then that needs a formal process and designation. Seems easier for traceability to leave the GAGEpack as the official record. And you would need an electronic filing system for access to those pdf's.

4. I would still think if you can "print a cert" from that software, you can print that to the "PDF printer". Again, you need to control that copy, and keep track of what is "THE RECORD". If you are talking about having a "convenient file" of PDF's of the records, then it needs to be labeled and controlled in that manner.

LATE EDIT:

5. The software is made by PQ systems (Jim Wynne let me know this). So I would like to add, especially in the context of Nuclear: I would presume that someone at your facility did an initial acceptance test of the software to ensure it met NRC electronic records and gage calibration requirements. If so (I hope that is so) I would be very careful about making or requesting any changes to that software.

Last edited:
Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Eric Gasper

Perpetual Quality Learner
Leader
PQ Systems
Hi @Aaron Contreras

For your original question, Yes, you can create a PDF of any report from GAGEpack. As Jim and Steve mentioned, most all Windows machines have a print to PDF option among the available printers. GAGEpack can be told to print to a normal office printer or to a PDF creator. You can even pick/choose a specific print option to use per report preview.

One of our GAGEpack Tech Tuesday series videos talks about the Calibration Certificates and some of the surrounding options. You can see that posted HERE, it is the 3rd video recording listed.

If you still have questions or would like to know more, please let us know at [email protected]
Thank you!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S User evaluation for self monitoring blood glucose test systems US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 4
Wayne User's Manuals for Variable Screw Thread Measurement Systems General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 1
A How would a candidate for Quality Systems Manager role answer questions in a med device manufacturing org ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 11
T Electronic Systems and 8.5.2 compliance AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 0
Sidney Vianna ISO 37301 - Compliance management systems – Requirements with guidance for use Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 0
R Class II Active Medical Device SYSTEMS and COMPONENTS Canada Medical Device Regulations 2
Sidney Vianna Informational ISO/NP TS 17012 - Guidelines for use of remote methods in conducting audits of management systems Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 0
Cats Clause Certified Quality Systems Ltd (CQS) accredited by International Accreditation Board Registrars and Notified Bodies 4
O ISO10993 - Biocompatibility in medical vacuum systems (vacuum pumps) Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 2
M How to record the effects of adjacent systems (shown in boundary diagram) in the AIAG-VDA DFMEA form FMEA and Control Plans 0
Q How to classify several systems for Quality Reliability Analysis - Predictions, Testing and Standards 10
A Basic UDI and UDI-DI for hip implant systems EU Medical Device Regulations 1
J Keyence Measurement Systems General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 3
T Add checking aid to quality systems Manufacturing and Related Processes 2
J Elsmar Ownership - PQ Systems Forum News and General Information 2
Le Chiffre Online training available for ISO/IEC 17021-1: Requirements for bodies providing audit and certification of management systems Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 3
Sidney Vianna Release of ISO 10013:2021, Quality management systems – Guidance for documented information Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 0
optomist1 How Secure Are Our Software Systems Software Quality Assurance 7
C Barcode Labelling - Mistake Proofing Ideas & Systems Manufacturing and Related Processes 2
P IQ, OQ, PQ protocol, and report templates for Distributed Control Systems in Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Systems. Qualification and Validation (including 21 CFR Part 11) 1
S Manufacturing Execution Systems Software Costs Manufacturing and Related Processes 0
Ajit Basrur FDA News Harmonizing and Modernizing Regulation of Medical Device Quality Systems (7-2020) US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 13
R Requirements for MDR Article 22 Systems EU Medical Device Regulations 1
N EU MDR - Applicability Article 22 Systems and Procedure Packs CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 4
K Best Measurement Systems Demos in California? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 1
Bev D Verification and Validation of Measurement Systems Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 0
M Risk and Corrective actions - Currently no FMEA's - Car systems Risk Management Principles and Generic Guidelines 8
R MDR Article 22: Systems and procedure packs Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 12
M Informational US FDA Final Guidance – Intravascular Catheters, Wires, and Delivery Systems with Lubricious Coatings – Labeling Considerations Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
D Why are pharma companies automating QMS systems? Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 2
Ajit Basrur FDA News Harmonizing and Modernizing Regulation of Medical Device Quality Systems US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 20
M Informational TGA Consultation: Proposed clarification of the regulatory requirements for medical device systems and procedure packs Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 2
M Different procedure templates for different standards - We have two different management systems ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
H Question about implications of performing Firmware upgrade via MDDS - Medical Device Data Systems 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 2
M Routine testing of medical electrical systems - What specific electrical safety tests should be performed? IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 5
M Informational US FDA final guidance – Marketing Clearance of Diagnostic Ultrasound Systems and Transducers Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
M Informational TGA – Guidance on Therapeutic Goods (Conformity Assessment Standard for Quality Management Systems) Order 2019 Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
J Is Design Validation required for fixtures or test systems used to manufacture a product? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 4
R Timeframe for IATF 16949 certification to accumulate evidence of conformance of systems? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
M How to calculate benefits? Moving some developed non controlled software/automation systems Service Industry Specific Topics 2
Z Security for Approvals - Cloud based Complaint, NC, and CAPA systems Qualification and Validation (including 21 CFR Part 11) 8
N EU MDR Basic UDI-DI and Technical Documentation for Systems EU Medical Device Regulations 22
pbojsen Computerized Learning Management Systems (Training systems) recommendations? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
Sidney Vianna Safety Management Systems - SM-0001 Standard for Aviation Organizations AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 0
M Interview question - IMS (Integrated Management Systems) a necessity or an ISO mistake? ISO 14001:2015 Specific Discussions 10
AnaMariaVR2 Pharmaceuticals News Transdermal and Topical Delivery Systems: FDA & EMA Guidance US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 0
M Training to help Familiarize myself to the Standards and the way these systems work AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 8
pbojsen Intuitive Quality Design and Documentation Systems ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 12
D Use of password managers on validated computer systems (21 CFR Part 11) Medical Information Technology, Medical Software and Health Informatics 2
ScottK What Became of Alamo Consulting or Alamo Learning Systems Consultants and Consulting 5