Practical 8-D or similar Problem Solving worksheet or form

O

Oziqa

Hi Everyone

I am looking for a practical, easy to use 8-D or similar problem solving sheet or form we can use. We are a low volume high value manufacturer in the mining equipment manufacturing space. our current corrective action sysdtem and forms are not relevant to the growth of the business anymoreand we need a upgrade. anyone with a good form or system please let me know :)

Thanks

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
Admin
Re: Practical 8-D or similar Problem Solving worksheet

As files are added in the future this link may change, but as of right now if you look at pages 15 and 16 of the file attachments here, you'll find some 8-D forms and such. Unfortunately the search function here isn't good at 2 letter searches so I've taken a minute to look up where they start to start you off.

8-D related file attachments

There may be other 8-D files which don't begin with 8, so this may also help: 8-D Problem Solving threads

R

Randy Lefferts

Hi Everyone

I am looking for a practical, easy to use 8-D or similar problem solving sheet or form we can use. We are a low volume high value manufacturer in the mining equipment manufacturing space. our current corrective action sysdtem and forms are not relevant to the growth of the business anymoreand we need a upgrade. anyone with a good form or system please let me know :)

Thanks
This is a form I created, with input from a team, a long time ago. Hopefully it may help you (or someone else) with creating your own or modifying this one to suit your needs.

Attachments

O

Oziqa

Thanks all. Any suggestions on good software to manage such a process electronically. Prefer fully integrated and compatible with Microsoft AX. IN the meduim term we need to get away fomr the manual entries and system admin. Any suggestions ?

R

Randy Lefferts

Thanks all. Any suggestions on good software to manage such a process electronically. Prefer fully integrated and compatible with Microsoft AX. IN the meduim term we need to get away fomr the manual entries and system admin. Any suggestions ?
There were several software applications listed in this thread when a similar issue was brought up regarding capa software. You can check it out here.

In that thread I had mentioned QIT Consulting. I had implemented their web based system and it worked really well for us. It appears they have added more to it so you may want to at least review and compare to any other applications that others mention.

As I mention in the other thread, I am not affiliated with them. They were very receptive to feedback and incorporated a few suggestions we had into the software for us.

Although, they do offer some compensation (Can't remember exactly what, think it was $500 off the next purchase/annual data storage [if you go that route], etc.)for anyone that refers others to the software, but I am not seeking that. You don't have to mention my name. I am not using it nor are there any plans to implement it at my current location.

I just think it's a pretty good software (or was) and they were very easy to work with. The dashboard made it easy to see where you were at a glance and since it was browser based, could use it from anywhere that had a computer and internet connection (if you chose to store data with them. You could also host your own data.)

Good luck!

HTH

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Sidney Vianna ISO Practical Guide on ISO 31000:2018 - Risk Management Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 0
Bev D Essential References for Practical Quality Engineering Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 0
S Practical Implementation of ISO 14971 ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 6
A What are Practical data center best practices IEC 27001 - Information Security Management Systems (ISMS) 1
N Best practices for capturing audit objective evidence in a practical manner? Internal Auditing 3
B Practical ideas for information labelling in healthcare environment IEC 27001 - Information Security Management Systems (ISMS) 2
M Getting into biotech QA from aerospace - Is it practical? Career and Occupation Discussions 2
Q Practical guide to scan for Risks in all QMS systems without missing any ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 16
Sidney Vianna Blockchain Technology - Any examples of practical application? The Reading Room 21
Q Practical Way to raise NCR's in an Assembly Workshop ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 8
Cats Clause Practical use of Heat Input calculation for Manual MIG Welding Manufacturing and Related Processes 4
M Practical Methods using Sampling by Variables Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 2
R Looking for Practical Advice in Managing Measurement Uncertainties Measurement Uncertainty (MU) 3
WEAVER Is GR&R really practical for a Measurescope? Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 12
A 6 Sigma: Could you share some practical examples of 6 Sigma Projects in your company? Six Sigma 3
A Exploding the Myths Surrounding ISO 9000: A Practical Implementation Guide Book, Video, Blog and Web Site Reviews and Recommendations 28
L oPRP or CCP? Practical example Food Safety - ISO 22000, HACCP (21 CFR 120) 2
L Working closer and better with Suppliers - Practical ideas to improve? Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 8
R Suggestions for a practical way to manage Contract Review Contract Review Process 5
M Need practical guide on TS 16949 Clause 7.6 Requirement IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 1
M Practical Guidance on TS 16949 Clause 7.5.3 - Product Status Identification IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
P Random Sampling at Receiving Inspection: A Practical Implementation needed Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 13
C Practical Examples of completed ISO 19011:2011 Audit Reports General Auditing Discussions 5
T Practical Problem Solving - Does anyone have a practical problem solving template? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 6
S Practical Data Collection Process Recommendations? Design and Development of Products and Processes 6
S OPRP or HACCP Plan - Opinions and Practical Example Wanted Food Safety - ISO 22000, HACCP (21 CFR 120) 17
S Validation of Production Process - Practical Example ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 7
F Toyota A3 Practical Problem Solving (PPS) Document Needed Nonconformance and Corrective Action 1
L Corrective Action Request Assessment and Prioritisation Criteria - Practical Examples Nonconformance and Corrective Action 14
Q Father Of The Practical CMM, James Coggin (RIP) Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 1
I Practical definition of IEC62304 Software Items and Software Units IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 7
A Definition Modify, Magnify, Minify, and Substitute - Seeking practical ways of differentiation Definitions, Acronyms, Abbreviations and Interpretations Listed Alphabetically 17
L Please share some practical SPC exercises for training purpose Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 4
M Practical Reasons Behind The ISO 13485/QSR Regulations ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
L Employee motivation and empowerment - Please some practical methods IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 20
G Practical Screw Thread Information & Tolerances General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 98
R Practical Problem Solving for Management Development Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 3
D Internal Auditing ? A Practical Approach General Auditing Discussions 4
Anerol C Definition Rework vs. Repair - What's the practical difference? Definitions, Acronyms, Abbreviations and Interpretations Listed Alphabetically 43
ScottK How far is it practical to take a Process FMEA? FMEA and Control Plans 14
L Practical Ideas for TS 6.2.2.4 - Personel are aware of the relevance and importance.. Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 5
M Stakeholder Analysis - Practical success stories wanted ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
J Q Leading and Lagging Indicators - Difference (practical) ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 8
Z Design and Development Planning - Is It Sufficient and Practical or Not Design and Development of Products and Processes 0
C Interpretation and Practical Application of ISO 17025 - Development of a System ISO 17025 related Discussions 81
G Practical examples of VOC and CTQ flowdown Six Sigma 8
D What practical measures can be taken to improve customer satisfaction? Customer and Company Specific Requirements 21
Govind Here is a Practical Test for QMS Effectiveness ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
I ISO 13485 Practical Internal Audit Checklist - Standard vs. Process Based Internal Auditing 26
S I need help creating a practical preventive action process ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 18