Pre-Audit Panic Mode - ISO9001

J

Jimmy Olson

We have officially entered panic mode. Our audit has been confirmed for mid October. I thought I would warn everyone that I will probably be flooding the forum with lots of questions between now and then. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Elsmar Forum Sponsor
D

D.Scott

Richard - turn off the panic mode - I am sure you will be fine. Don't be afraid to ask if you have a problem.

Good luck on your audit.

Dave

A

Aaron Lupo

Oh no!!! October and you are just starting to panic now!!! Just kidding Richard, like Dave said no reason to panic, I am sure your system is fine. Any questions you have ask away! If you dont mind me asking what Registrar are you using?

Randy

Super Moderator
PANIC!!!!!!!

Don't sweat it. Just keep fine tuning what you have and try to have plenty of verifiable evidence (the good kind) to support the audit process.

Too bad you didn't say something sooner. I'm flying in to SeaTac on the 12th and out on the 13th.

A

Al Dyer

Is this your first audit experience? Keep cool and spike the auditors coffee before the opening meeting!:bigwave:

R
Richard,

All the best to you. if your company has been employing good business practice, you will not have any problems. Feel free to ask any questions. I find this forum to be the best place to knock at.

J

Jimmy Olson

Thank you for the support so far. I'm trying to decide whether I should panic or not since a couple managers have decide if we don't pass we can always fall back on our old cert. :rolleyes:

This is sort of my first audit. I've been in the calibration field for a number of years and have gone through several audits in that area, but this is the first one in a manufacturing facility. I'm still new here (about 1 1/2 months) so I should be off the hook for anything. :vfunny: But at the same time a lot of people here are new and I'm supposedly the ISO expert :confused: (we're in trouble).

In reality I don't think it will be too bad. All the basics are in place and just need some tweaking. The reason some people are in panic mode is because we were thinking the audit would be at the end of November or early December and we found out today that it's mid October. Oh well, I'll be sure to keep all of you updated. :D

p.s. Randy - I can't remember if you're still in Spokane. If you are, you have some serious rain heading your way (we just had a pretty big storm come through here). Just thought I would warn you.

Randy

Super Moderator
Thanks, but I'm back in CA now. I'm going to Ft. Lewis next week to do some work, so I might actually see some rain then.

R

Randy Stewart

What's the big deal?????

I do fine until 2 weeks prior. Then everyone has a change to be put in, started a new process and forgot to tell me, etc. etc. It's when no one hits panic mode that bothers me, because either they don't have a clue as to what is going on or they just don't care.

I know how you feel though, we opened a new facility, doing a totally different business, in January and had our TE-9000 certification in March. It can be done!!!!

Best regards and bring on the questions.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
F Internal Audit before Pre-Assessment ISO 17025 related Discussions 2
Crimpshrine13 ISO/TS 16949 Pre-Audit Requirement IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 18
J Pre-Revenue Medical Device Company ISO 13485 Audit ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
K Pre-Audit for New Supplier Qualification Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 17
J ISO 9001 Implementation moving forward - Completed pre-assessment audit ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 13
L Pre-assessment to Final Audit - Is there a 90 day requirement? Miscellaneous Environmental Standards and EMS Related Discussions 26
C RC14001 - Are we ready for a Baseline (Pre-Assessment) Audit? Miscellaneous Environmental Standards and EMS Related Discussions 11
J ISO/TS 16949 Pre-assessment Audit last week and it went very well! General Auditing Discussions 7
J Pre-assessment audits for TS 16949 - How long will the audit last? General Auditing Discussions 2
A Just finished the ISO 9001 pre-assessment audit ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
B Stage 1 - Adequacy Audit (pre-assessment) - University - What do they look for? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 4
P Pre-Audit Tips for Employees - Preparing Employees to be Audited General Auditing Discussions 24
M ISO 9001 Pre-Assessment Audit Next Week ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 39
R Pre-assessment Audit Worries for a Newbie General Auditing Discussions 11
J ISO 14001 EMS Pre-Audit Findings - Construction Company ISO 14001:2015 Specific Discussions 12
Marc Customer Audit of Guide 25 Calibration - Full pre and post adjustment data? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 1
V Supplier wants to perform pre-qualifications prior to every run instead of locking in parameters. Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 7
H Queries: RFD & Pre-RFD Program Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
J Design file for pre-existing products - Inputs and Outputs ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 5
R Gauge R&R on pre-set torque wrench Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 2
D Pre-Production Capability Assesment Reliability Analysis - Predictions, Testing and Standards 5
M Is there any pre-defined Control plan format/template acc. VDA? VDA Standards - Germany's Automotive Standards 0
D Pre-Submission after 510(K) Submission? Other US Medical Device Regulations 4
J Pre-clinical Studies for RUO Product Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 1
M Informational Health Canada guidance document – Pre-market Requirements for Medical Device Cybersecurity Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
J Custom-made implants (Class IIb) and pre-commercialization clinical trials in Spain EU Medical Device Regulations 4
C Shipping Medical Devices to US before pre market clearance US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 1
A UDI requirements for pre-filled combination devices - Box containing a pre-filled device US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 2
M Informational MDCG 2019-3 Interpretation of Article 54(2)b – Pre- market clinical evaluation consultation procedure with the involvement of expert panels Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
D Redacted pre-submission bundle that you would be willing to share US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 3
I Bench Testing & Pre-verification vs. Formal verification 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 4
D FDA Pre-Submission Meeting Advice US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 0
M Medical Device News Health Canada – Consultation: Pre-market Requirements for Medical Device Cybersecurity Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
L 510 (K) Pre-Sub meeting - Does it worth? US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 4
A Examples of Pre-Sub, SRD, PMA Shells and Templates Other US Medical Device Regulations 3
B Manufacturing site relocation of pre amendment Class II medical device Manufacturing and Related Processes 4
A Users won't return devices from pre-CE performance evaluation study EU Medical Device Regulations 3
B GM GP-12 Pre-Launch - They asking for a I chart Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 2
GoSpeedRacer Pre-Work and Study for ISO 13485:2016 Lead Auditor Class ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
S Pre-release version of the upcoming AIAG FMEA Revision 5 FMEA and Control Plans 1
V Is 'Compliance' a pre-requisite or is it ok before Batch Release to Market? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 5
V Writing a Pre-Submission to the FDA 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 44
P EASA STC (Supplemental Type Certificate) on a Pre-mod FAA STC Configuration EASA and JAA Aviation Standards and Requirements 1
H Pre compliance test for Glucometer Other Medical Device and Orthopedic Related Topics 1
V Pre-dispensed API material received in predetermined quantities & given to production Pharmaceuticals (21 CFR Part 210, 21 CFR Part 211 and related Regulations) 1
R Is pre-conditioning supplier component before incoming inspection tests allowed? Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 16
somashekar Pre-Announced FDA 4 Day Inspection, Class 2 Devices, Contract Manufacturer 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 11
Q FDA Consensus Standard for PMA (Pre-Market Approval) 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 1
A Does anyone have experience providing a summary of Pre-IDE discussions in the 510k US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 1
JoCam Format of Health Canada pre-market licence application Canada Medical Device Regulations 3