Predicting the outcome using high No Trouble Found Rate

Hami812

Engineering Program Mg
Hi. I have to try and convince a customer that their NTF rate (No Trouble) is really not a well known screening process provided by OEM Mfg which we know works and evaluates few bad modems sent back to us from this customer. THis customer has allowed us to work with them during installations of these modems by their installers to ascertain what is going on. What we found was the installers were replacing modems for any kind of problem whatsover even if it was related to known outside wiring issues so they would not get dinged on return visits. THe techs are timed and need ot get in and out in a specific amount of time.

Based on our study of bounces (NTF bounce) is there a way to show them using Predictive Statistics, (Minitab Rev 16 I have) to show the chances of this modem going bad is slim to none. I took 13 samples and checked the cusotmer install logs. Eac has since been to repair at least 2 times (and still are NTF) and have been re-installed and work fine. I checked these modems real time on customers network and they indeed work and show no troubles. Any idea how to correlate the sheer idiocy of them sending these back via Field Techs? I need something simple and powerful that canbe based on samples of 20 modems, across various models.

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Stijloor

Staff member
Super Moderator
Hi. I have to try and convince a customer that their NTF rate (No Trouble) is really not a well known screening process provided by OEM Mfg which we know works and evaluates few bad modems sent back to us from this customer. This customer has allowed us to work with them during installations of these modems by their installers to ascertain what is going on. What we found was the installers were replacing modems for any kind of problem whatsoever even if it was related to known outside wiring issues so they would not get dinged on return visits. The techs are timed and need ot get in and out in a specific amount of time.

Based on our study of bounces (NTF bounce) is there a way to show them using Predictive Statistics, (Minitab Rev 16 I have) to show the chances of this modem going bad is slim to none. I took 13 samples and checked the customer install logs. Each has since been to repair at least 2 times (and still are NTF) and have been re-installed and work fine. I checked these modems real time on customers network and they indeed work and show no troubles. Any idea how to correlate the sheer idiocy of them sending these back via Field Techs? I need something simple and powerful that can be based on samples of 20 modems, across various models.
Does any of our Members have experience with this?
If yes, can you help?

Thank you!!

Stijloor.

M

MaxDean

The Zero Defect Nomagraph uses the Rule of 3s which is discussed at length in the November 2007 issue of Quality Progress. You can probably find it on line.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Marc Predicting COVID-19 Aspects - Pandemic Modeling (Easter 2020) Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 11
Z Predicting External PPM Capability from Internal PPM Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 1
E Predicting Machined Components Capability based on Historical Data of Similar Parts Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 1
Marc Predicting the Future through 19th Century French Post Cards Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 1
N Using Regression Analysis in Excel - Predicting a Value Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 30
Q Reliability Prediction - Predicting the Reliability of an Inductor (Semi-conductor) Reliability Analysis - Predictions, Testing and Standards 8
Marc Predicting the Internet in 1995 After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 0
C Statistical technique sought for predicting replacement of perishable tooling Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 14
J Medical software Patient outcome Medical Information Technology, Medical Software and Health Informatics 2
MrPhish Should Potential Customer Complaint Outcome Define Registrar NC Rating? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 8
K How to document a Patient Outcome claim for a Class I device? US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 5
S Definition Output and Outcome - Differences and Definitions Definitions, Acronyms, Abbreviations and Interpretations Listed Alphabetically 13
Ronen E IMDRF Feb/Mar 2012 Meeting - Outcome Statement Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 9
K If auditor fails to consider something which is material to the outcome of the audit? Internal Auditing 19
S Excel spreadsheet shows weird CPK outcome Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 10
S Is it a nonconformance if its outcome doesn't affect the customers? Nonconformance and Corrective Action 16
WALLACE The fallout relating to the Terri Schiavo outcome Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 14
P Has K1 for GR&R's changed in AIAG 3rd ed MSA Manual? Does it affect outcome of study? Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 4
A Is Common Sense Learned, Taught, Inherent or An Outcome Of Life Experience? Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 127
A How the wording of a poll affects the outcome Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 5
D Risk Analysis using Monte Carlo Simulation instead of Scoring and Heat Map Risk Management Principles and Generic Guidelines 0
W Using tailoring guidelines to tailor a QMS procedure ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
Y We found out we have been using a equipment without validation for past 4 years Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 6
D Using Laboratory Notebooks in R&D and Design and Development ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
C Importer shell game - Using a third party logistics provider (3PL) in the EU EU Medical Device Regulations 4
S Work performed in Canada on US patients using US device Canada Medical Device Regulations 1
S Is using ANSI/ASQ Z1.4-2008 the correct sampling plan to determine Pass/Fail of Apparel measurements? AQL - Acceptable Quality Level 4
A What are the pros and cons of using an audit software for internal auditing? General Auditing Discussions 4
Tagin Evaluating nonconformances for escalation using Bayesian methods? Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 2
D Using non-conforming components even though the final assembly is conforming? Manufacturing and Related Processes 5
B Using Unreleased Documents & Process Maps for Internal Audit purposes ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 12
R Clause 7.7 Replicate, Recalibration and Intermediate checks using Artifact ISO 17025 related Discussions 1
Stoic Are any medical device companies using the 2011 FDA process validation guidance instead of GHTF/SG3/N99-10:2004? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 1
B Unit of Use DI (Device Identifier) - Products using the same device US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 0
A Using Arduino based sensors for Poke-Yoke Manufacturing and Related Processes 6
M Using your Manufacturer's ISO certification ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 5
Ed Panek Adverse Event Clinical Trial using a 510K approved Device Other US Medical Device Regulations 6
B Using non CE parts in a machine CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 1
G Gauge R&R on multiple dimensions using 3D measurement system Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 6
A Hospital IT expectations for connected medical device using WIFI Medical Information Technology, Medical Software and Health Informatics 0
Proud Liberal Cp / Cpk on position using multiple MMC bonuses Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 2
B Using external FDA and ISO 13485 audit as internal audit Internal Auditing 6
D Using "Particle Size Standard" templates as gauges - How to avoid giving a gauge # while using for process control? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 2
J Class 1 Medical Device - Using a UPC over the UDI? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 0
I Reducing CE marking cost using manufacturer test reports CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 5
CPhelan Using clinical trial safety data for evidence for CE marking EU Medical Device Regulations 7
M Accredited Calibration Sevice Provider using computerized system to issue calibration certificate Qualification and Validation (including 21 CFR Part 11) 3
M Accredited Calibration Sevice Provider using computerized system to issue calibration certificate General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 2
M Raw stock material testing discrepancy using an XRF (x-ray fluorescence) analyzer Manufacturing and Related Processes 7
Z Using FMEA for Knowledge Management FMEA and Control Plans 6