Presenting the Root Cause result in a one slide .ppt Powerpoint file

Q

quick_silver

hello everyone,

I am doing a root cause analysis right now and i already have the result the problem is I am having a hard time in presenting the data in only one slide..do you have any tips on how to present your idea or what happened in a visual way so that at a glance they will understand what i wanted to convey...

Thanks a lot :)

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

qusys

Trusted Information Resource
Re: presenting the root cause result in one slider ppt

hello everyone,

I am doing a root cause analysis right now and i already have the result the problem is I am having a hard time in presenting the data in only one slide..do you have any tips on how to present your idea or what happened in a visual way so that at a glance they will understand what i wanted to convey...

Thanks a lot :)
State the problem in one phrase
Present the used method ( Cause-effect, 5 Why's) and what it came from the analysis
Indicate the containment action decided
State the corrective action selected by the team according the identified root cause:bigwave:

This is a general indication, if you can provide more details or more explicative , there could be more precise suggestions:bigwave:

Q

quick_silver

Thanks to qusys and Sturmkind, do you have an example like a table?

i want to present the data in a table form...

Thanks

Q

quick_silver

I was comparing the result of A and B on man, machine,material and method..then from it i determine the possible cause of difference basing on their scores

Bev D

Heretical Statistician
Staff member
Super Moderator
As quays stated it's easier for us to provide a quick on point answer to your question(s) if you provide us with your information. Even a summary is helpful. For example when you ask for an example in a table format because you want to present your info in a table we don't know if you have data (numbers) or if you have information (words) that you want to put in the table. Plus the layout is also driven by context.

Q

quick_silver

I was trying to find out the cause why A is performing better than B. Now I have a list of factors affecting such performance..So I have a list of factors and the score of A and B on a daily basis. NOw I was ask to make a recap on what went right why A is better than B. By looking at the data I found some factors wherein A has greater score than B so I assume those were the factors driving why A is better than B. Now I want to present the result to my superior and I find it difficult to convey the information in one slide only...

Bev D

Heretical Statistician
Staff member
Super Moderator
Great! If you post your data I can show you how to plot it which will be even more powerful informative and intuitive than a table of numbers.

Q

quick_silver

hi there,

this is my data..shown here are the two performance of one machine as compared to many machines similar kind. But the first machine is performing well as compared to the other machines of its kind. The attached data are the performance last March.

Factors A to G are the factors that could affect the performance of the machines.. The output column shows the output of each machine per day...

How to analyze and interpret this data statistically?

I initially made a report but on that report I just average the score on each factor and then any factor in which the first machine is higher I then conclude as one of the reasons why it is performing well..Hmm..is my approach valid??? But there were some factors that the other machines is doing better as compared to the 1st machine...:confused:

Please help..Thanks

Attachments

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Steve Prevette Informational I am presenting a webinar Thursday - "Data Driven Decision Making" - 19 November 2020 Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 5
T Visually Presenting Effectiveness of Multiple Corrective Actions Nonconformance and Corrective Action 4
E Internal Audits - Presenting Audit Findings to Upper Management General Auditing Discussions 19
Y Draft FDA Guidance on "Presenting Risk Information in Prescription Drug and Device" US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 1
D Presenting TOP 10 diseases (Number of in-patients by diseases) in our hospital Hospitals, Clinics & other Health Care Providers 17
K Format for presenting capability study results? Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 7
W Misinterpretation of requirement acceptable as root cause? Problem Solving, Root Cause Fault and Failure Analysis 19
T Root Cause Failure Analysis - Not following Customer packaging Specification Problem Solving, Root Cause Fault and Failure Analysis 9
D Root Cause for Missed Audits Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 1
qualprod Always one root cause? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 35
I Root Cause Analysis as Training ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 10
F Struggling with a root cause analysis - Customer Returns - Escape issue Problem Solving, Root Cause Fault and Failure Analysis 15
G Working on a Root Cause Problem Solving, Root Cause Fault and Failure Analysis 11
I Root Cause Analysis when someone simply stops performing a task? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 16
C Neglect or legitimate deferral? Is excessive workload or lack of resources in a department or a team a valid root cause for a non-conformance? Problem Solving, Root Cause Fault and Failure Analysis 12
E CAR (Corrective Action Report) with questionable Root Cause ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 14
S Root cause analysis - The system of developing a work instruction is not effective Problem Solving, Root Cause Fault and Failure Analysis 1
I What if your root cause analysis is -- they just didn't do it?" Nonconformance and Corrective Action 3
T Root causes - operator's actions Problem Solving, Root Cause Fault and Failure Analysis 17
Ed Panek Root Cause CAPAs from internal audit ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 16
A Interesting Discussion Human Factors as Root Cause AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 13
D Root Cause on Non-Conformity Against Quality Manual Problem Solving, Root Cause Fault and Failure Analysis 9
A CAR from 3rd party AS9100D auditor - Root cause dilemma AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 45
P Examples of Nonconformance, Corrective Action Requests, and Root Cause Analysis Nonconformance and Corrective Action 2
N The known set of all root causes Nonconformance and Corrective Action 11
Q Loss of Personnel - Root Cause Analysis ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 8
P Root Cause for a Process Validation Batch Failure 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 2
H How to define Root Cause when some points are out of control chart Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 6
K What is supposed to happen when a CA cannot be closed out or the root cause... General Auditing Discussions 1
T Human Error vs Technique Root Cause (Categories) Human Factors and Ergonomics in Engineering 9
Q Several Nonconformances with same Root Cause with just one CA ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 15
D Customer Audit - Root Cause Help - ISO 9001:2008 Cl. 7.5.3 ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 10
Q Risk Tools in ISO 31010 - Root Cause Analysis vs. Cause-and-effect Analysis ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 1
E Root Cause Analysis - Is Insufficient Understanding an acceptable Root Cause? General Auditing Discussions 9
N Root Cause Challenge: The guy at the top ... Problem Solving, Root Cause Fault and Failure Analysis 4
V Root Cause help needed - Sheet metal breaking at press Problem Solving, Root Cause Fault and Failure Analysis 9
W Root Cause Analysis Requirements per TS 16949:2009 Problem Solving, Root Cause Fault and Failure Analysis 8
S Preparing a Root Cause Report - Possible Root Causes Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 11
Marc Stem Cell stimulation to end tooth Root Canals World News 0
J Required on-site training on writing deviations & root-cause analysis Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 3
P Is it a rule to fill in all the 5 why in order to get the actual root cause? Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 5
D Root Cause Analysis done on the wrong observation Problem Solving, Root Cause Fault and Failure Analysis 9
H Root Cause Corrective Action Examples Nonconformance and Corrective Action 4
I What's special about your RCAs (Root Cause Analysis)? Problem Solving, Root Cause Fault and Failure Analysis 11
B Process Capability - Changing Limits to Improve Cpk or find Root Causes? Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 6
R Root Cause for "Simple" External Audit Findings ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 10
U-DOG Root Cause for a Form not having all info (traceability standard and the gage number) Problem Solving, Root Cause Fault and Failure Analysis 14
K Quality Manual Problem Root Cause Analysis Nonconformance and Corrective Action 8
J Root Cause Determination Training for Production Managers Nonconformance and Corrective Action 6
E Using Facebook to discuss Root Cause Analysis (8D) ! Nonconformance and Corrective Action 3