Presenting the Root Cause result in a one slide .ppt Powerpoint file

Q

quick_silver

hello everyone,

I am doing a root cause analysis right now and i already have the result the problem is I am having a hard time in presenting the data in only one slide..do you have any tips on how to present your idea or what happened in a visual way so that at a glance they will understand what i wanted to convey...

Thanks a lot :)

qusys

Trusted Information Resource
Re: presenting the root cause result in one slider ppt

hello everyone,

I am doing a root cause analysis right now and i already have the result the problem is I am having a hard time in presenting the data in only one slide..do you have any tips on how to present your idea or what happened in a visual way so that at a glance they will understand what i wanted to convey...

Thanks a lot :)

State the problem in one phrase
Present the used method ( Cause-effect, 5 Why's) and what it came from the analysis
Indicate the containment action decided
State the corrective action selected by the team according the identified root cause:bigwave:

This is a general indication, if you can provide more details or more explicative , there could be more precise suggestions:bigwave:

Q

quick_silver

Thanks to qusys and Sturmkind, do you have an example like a table?

i want to present the data in a table form...

Thanks

Q

quick_silver

I was comparing the result of A and B on man, machine,material and method..then from it i determine the possible cause of difference basing on their scores

Bev D

Heretical Statistician
Leader
Super Moderator
As quays stated it's easier for us to provide a quick on point answer to your question(s) if you provide us with your information. Even a summary is helpful. For example when you ask for an example in a table format because you want to present your info in a table we don't know if you have data (numbers) or if you have information (words) that you want to put in the table. Plus the layout is also driven by context.

Q

quick_silver

I was trying to find out the cause why A is performing better than B. Now I have a list of factors affecting such performance..So I have a list of factors and the score of A and B on a daily basis. NOw I was ask to make a recap on what went right why A is better than B. By looking at the data I found some factors wherein A has greater score than B so I assume those were the factors driving why A is better than B. Now I want to present the result to my superior and I find it difficult to convey the information in one slide only...

Bev D

Heretical Statistician
Leader
Super Moderator
Great! If you post your data I can show you how to plot it which will be even more powerful informative and intuitive than a table of numbers.

Q

quick_silver

hi there,

this is my data..shown here are the two performance of one machine as compared to many machines similar kind. But the first machine is performing well as compared to the other machines of its kind. The attached data are the performance last March.

Factors A to G are the factors that could affect the performance of the machines.. The output column shows the output of each machine per day...

How to analyze and interpret this data statistically?

I initially made a report but on that report I just average the score on each factor and then any factor in which the first machine is higher I then conclude as one of the reasons why it is performing well..Hmm..is my approach valid??? But there were some factors that the other machines is doing better as compared to the 1st machine...:confused:

Please help..Thanks

Attachments

• Copy of CAUSE-1.xls
    39 KB · Views: 257
Top Bottom