Preservation of Product

L

leftout

well lets start out by saying iam very new to this so bare with me, iam loking for information on the preservation of product is there a source i have not tap or missed. do they have to be specific for each product? We have a variety we deal with everyday. if someone can help it will be appreciated. thanks lost

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Marc

Hunkered Down for the Duration
Staff member
Admin
Preservation of product can be many things, but essentially it's just about what you do to protect your product from deterioration prior to delivery to the customer. Some bulk and other metals may have a protective coating of a rust inhibitor and/or may be packaged in (sometimes individually wrapped in) a protective, chemically treated paper. Some products need little or no 'special treatment'. Can be affected by storage conditions - for some products, if you keep product in cool, dry areas, no 'special protection' may be needed. Preservation methods may or may not be product specific.

If you want to cite more details of your scenario I'll address it in more detail.

Group? What say ye?

Marc

Staff member
Admin
That's another example.

In the same vein, keeping fruit cool in summer and to keep fruit from freezing in the winter would be preservation.

L

Laura M

True, its not just shelf life. Could even include preservation of products from "salt water" if being shipped via boat. (if still considered under suppliers control...even if not, if shipping processes don't preserve the product, you'll be changing something!)

(By the way, Marc, how come I had to enter user name and PW this time?...)

Marc

Staff member
Admin
Laura:

I'm not sure why yuu would have to re-enter the information. I 'upgraded' software but that shouldn't have done that. Didn't affect my logon. That is a cookie function so if you trashed some cookies and deleted one from the forum (I think the forum sets several cookies - like last visit, etc.) Let me know if it happens again.

L

Laura M

The only cookies I trashed were the last batch of chocolate-chip which I left in the oven too long :) !!!

Worked OK for this reply. Happy Holidays.

Laura

L

leftout

hay thanks to everyone! I have a better understanding and am finding out most of the stuff does'nt need any thing, but it a lot of help to have you guys around

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S How do you determine a Constituent Part - Clause 7.5.5 Preservation of Product? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 7
M What is "protection" as in section 7.5.5 "Preservation of product" ? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 7
M ISO 9001 - 7.5.5 - Meaning of Identification and how it helps Product Preservation ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 8
N Clause 7.5.5 Preservation of Product in a Home-Care Company? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 12
R ISO 9001 Clause 7.5.5 Preservation of Product - Application to Software Products ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 1
A ISO 9001 Clause 7.5.5 Preservation of Product - Apply or exclude? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 23
N Note interpretation - Ensure that the preservation of the product has been consider ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
J Applicability of 7.5.5 Preservation of Product in a Service Industry like Insurance ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 14
C 7.5.5 Preservation of Product - Marking and Labeling AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 3
A Preservation of Product - Service Industry - AS9100 Clause 7.5.5 AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 9
M Preservation of Product in Administrative Services ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 14
M How is 7.5.5 Preservation of Product applicable to Health Care Services? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 8
L Product Preservation - Measure of effectiveness IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 12
M Element 7.5.5 - Preservation of Product - We ship the product FOB Point of Origin ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
D Preservation of Electronic Data / Information Technology ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
M Informational US FDA final guidance – Utilizing Animal Studies to Evaluate Organ Preservation Devices Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
I IATF 8.5.1.5 Requirements c) provision of resources and d) packaging and preservation IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 1
S Methods used for Preservation of Salmonella Food Safety - ISO 22000, HACCP (21 CFR 120) 5
D AS9100 section for Warehouse/Preservation of materials? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 4
D Material Handling, Storage & Preservation Procedure for Aerospace Mechanical Parts AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 2
B Engineering Consultancy - Clause 7.5.5 (Preservation) and 7.6 Equipments ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 17
J Basic template for Preservation, Storage and Handling Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 5
W Process inputs and outputs - Purchasing and Preservation ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 20
S Classification of a product according to MDR EU Medical Device Regulations 2
optomist1 Informational Training IMDS - Management of Product Chemical Regulatory Compliance RoHS, REACH, ELV, IMDS and Restricted Substances 2
L AS9100 - Product and Service Provision 8.5.1q AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 5
J 1.11 Preliminary Identification of Special Product and Process Characteristics APQP and PPAP 4
J Possible to get ISO 13485 certified with only OEM Product? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
Felony Melony New Product Launch - Safe Launch Customer and Company Specific Requirements 1
Marcel DS How do I know if my product is required be RoHS certified? REACH and RoHS Conversations 6
I Control Plan (Product/Process specification/ Tolerance) acceptance FMEA and Control Plans 27
DuncanGibbons Technical Data Package vs Digital Product Definition APQP and PPAP 0
A ISO 11135:2014, B.1.4, BI resistance x product bioburden ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
Sravan Manchikanti How to interpret '8.3 Control of nonconforming product' for SaMD device while implementing ISO 13485 & MDSAP ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
R Product Recall - medical devices in the hospital warehouse Canada Medical Device Regulations 2
A Software bug fixes after shipping a product EU Medical Device Regulations 3
silentmonkey How to measure severity if my product is designed for emergency use and failure would result in death? ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 9
D IATF16949 7.5.3.2.1 Record Retention - Our Product or Customer Product? Elsmar Cove Forum Suggestions, Complaints, Problems and Bug Reports 1
H Operational planning and product and service provision when things happen so fast ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 11
T Letter to file for Product Certification CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 0
J Scope of ISO 9001 clause 10.2 in the product life cycle ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
S Can a Contract Manufacturer "release" product on behalf of client to the market? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 4
T Formal Q Self Assessment - Problem with assigning Product and Process Customer and Company Specific Requirements 1
S California Cleaning Product Right to Know Act - Product Label advice needed Miscellaneous Environmental Standards and EMS Related Discussions 1
S Definition of "worldwide" in view of IATF 16949 and Product conformity IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
H PCD remains valid for new product ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 11
M MDR EU Distributor for our CE Mark product in the for Netherlands EU Medical Device Regulations 6
E How do you determine if hipot is necessary for a cable product? Manufacturing and Related Processes 8
D Does Manufacture can submit CE mark application under MDD with NB for his New product after May 2020? EU Medical Device Regulations 3
Ed Panek CE Mark Requirements on Kits (off the shelf product requirements met) CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 2