Pressure Transducer Calibration Standards

wesatwork

Learning what I can.
I was hoping for some insight regarding applicable standards for calibrating pressure transducers, and/or insight on improving the method.

Background
Calibration of about a hundred Endevco pressure transducers (piezorestive type) which are matched to a signal conditoiner to output VDC and the occasional digtial pressure gage.

Range
various, but always positve, 2000 max. both psi A and G

Equipment
Omega PC-10K-B1 Comparator (hand wheel moves piston which increases/decreases pressure on trapped oil)

Digital pressure gage used as the reference.

HP34401A to measure the conditioners output voltage in relation to the pressure change.

Standards- Beats me? ISO? ANSI? ASME? etc.

Some day I hope to improve this mehod, possibly use a Fluke handheld pressure calibrator? For now I need to write a procedure and was hoping to review the applicable standards.

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
My Thanks in advance to anyone who can help with this one.

BradM

Leader
Admin
Hello there!

It sounds like you already have a preety good procedure developed.:agree1: Also, it's important to include safety factors, especially when working with that high of pressure.

Most gauges have published accuracy, typically percent of span. You should verify that the gauge/conditioner accuracy satisfies your process needs.

Finally, I would estimate your measurement uncertainty. This will let you knw how good your measurement is. Then you can compare other standards to see how you can improve your process.

You could you could obtain ISO 17025 and comply with it.:)

ScottK

Not out of the crisis
Leader
Super Moderator
At a past job one of my guys did our pressure transducer calibrations/verifications in house, I sent him an email for some details...When I hear back I'll follow up.
It's been a couple years but as I remember, we didn't reference a standard in the work instruction, we relied more on the equipment manufacturer's recommendations and built a test stand...

We largely used Omega equipment and had the reference modules on the test unit calibrated by the manufacture, which we then used to verify the transducers on the floor.

BradM

Leader
Admin
I had to knock the dust off my brain,:tg: but here are a few more resources for you.

Here is a link Scott K provided here Welcome to Everyone! Changing from WWWBoard to UltimateBBS - 26 June 1998

http :// ec .europa. eu/enterprise/sectors/pressure-and-gas/documents/ped/ - OBSOLETE BROKEN 404 LINK(s) UNLINKED

That might be a good start.

At the bottom of this page, there are several NIST references that might be of assistance also:

http :// www .nist.gov/calibrations/pressure.cfm - OBSOLETE BROKEN 404 LINK(s) UNLINKED

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom