Prices for Standards

• Thread starter Henry van Amsterdam
  • Start date
H

Henry van Amsterdam

Hi, our company produces process fluids for the metalworking industry and we have a lot of automotive-customers in different countries.
The consequence: Ford wants QS9K, VW wants VDA6.1, others are pleased with ISO:9001, and I have to buy the standards in order to stay informed.

Recently we 'dicovered' the ISO/TS 16949 and we bought a copy for DFL. 240,- (± $ 110).

In the discussions around TS16949 I saw that other companies sell this standard for $ 15.

In the VDA-corner of this site I read that one of our colleagues bought a copy of the VDA6.1 for $ 50. I recently bought one for DM 58 (= $ 30)
(Although I am a bit late, have you tried this one? *** DEAD LINK REMOVED *** (It could save you some money)

I think it could be usefull to share price-information on standards, in order to save some money. (Why ?.....I am Dutch)

[This message has been edited by admin (edited 23 May 2000).]

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
D

Dirk Jansen

(info from another Dutchman)
Henry,

I assume that you bought your TS.. from NNI.
The AIAG prices are a lot cheaper:
TS16949 USD 15
TS 4 pack USD 40

Freight cost: USD 47,50 (for a 4 pack)

I'm going to order a 4 pach, which will be available in Feb 2000.

Maybe it's better to order together, to save some money on the freight.

Please let me know. You can mail me at [email protected] or call 030 6666068.

Regards,

Dirk

Howard Atkins

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Admin
The prices at AIAG are much cheaper but the postage is excessive.
If you have an agent or friend in the USA send to him and get them to forward it is much much cheaper.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Ajit Basrur Cancer drug prices may fall by up to 80% in India! Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 1
B Prices for apartments in Perth Australia Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 3
A What are gas prices going to do? Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 21
R Charge (Fair Prices) by a Consultant for a traditional 510k Review Other US Medical Device Regulations 2
C Prices for NDT (Non-Destructive Testing) Inspection for a Boeing 737-400 Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 1
K Should prices be included in customer related process ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
M Petrol (Gasoline) Prices Around the World - Part Trois Starting January 2011 Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 25
Marc Why Broadband Prices Haven?t Decreased in the US After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 10
M Thermocouples prices raise General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 4
Marc Petrol (Gasoline) Prices Around the World - Part Deux 2008 Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 358
N Fuel Prices Linked to the Oil Market World News 5
N Fuel Prices Link To The Oil Market - The Oil Tree World News 4
G Prices of Medical Devices on the global scale ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
Manix Roller coaster ahead for oil prices World News 2
Wes Bucey Prices for '.com' and '.net' will rise After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 0
K Testing for a t-distribution into how changes in share prices are distributed Using Minitab Software 3
L Estimating process - Material "fast quote" - Current material prices on the web Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 4
T To CAR or not to CAR (Corrective Action Request) - Sales changing prices ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 17
Marc Chrysler to cut car prices in US World News 1
Marc Advanced Micro Devices' new dual-core processors prices revealed After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 2
C QMS Software Prices - What comprehensive, off the shelf QMS Software do you recommend Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 3
M Automakers Demanding Lower Component Prices World News 4
F What are you Paying for Gasoline? Petrol Prices Around the World Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 770
B Exclusions or justification for non-applicability of IEC standards Reliability Analysis - Predictions, Testing and Standards 1
P Citing EN standards Other Medical Device Related Standards 6
Ed Panek Compliance with Standards? When a standard is updated/revised CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 3
N Harmonized Standards for MDR Certification EU Medical Device Regulations 6
A Some questions about voluntary consensus standards in traditional 510(k) submission US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 6
D Imaging/Image Quality Standards Other Medical Device Related Standards 1
R ECG Risk Analysis Standards ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 2
I Management review in conformity assessment standards - Certification Bodies Management Review Meetings and related Processes 6
Govind Informational ISO COVID-19 response: freely available ISO standards Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 1
C Does a CE mark infer meeting all applicable standards? CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 4
T Assessing Hazard-Related Use Scenarios where control measures exist through standards IEC 62366 - Medical Device Usability Engineering 25
Richard Regalado Informational ISO makes available relevant BCMS standards free for online access Business Continuity & Resiliency Planning (BCRP) 5
A Technical File - Updating Applied Standards EU Medical Device Regulations 4
A NB (Notified Body) Audit of Standards ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
R Applicability of new non-harmonized standards (MDD/MDR) EU Medical Device Regulations 8
dgrainger Informational EU published new Harmonised Standards List for the Directives (25/3/2020) Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
P Static Electricity/Pacemaker - Standards for static electricity generation CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 3
M Referencing Harmonised Standards in Declarations of Conformity EU Medical Device Regulations 4
Pmarszal External Standards and Regulations Management Process Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 10
S IVF medical devices standards and test methods Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 4
M What are the standards for malls management? ISO 14001:2015 Specific Discussions 1
A Complaint alert levels - Industry standards pertaining to alert levels for complaints Customer Complaints 5
R MDR standards - which standards to comply with ? EU Medical Device Regulations 3
D Why does Official Journal list superseded standards? EU Medical Device Regulations 6
M MDR "Common Specifications" (CS) - If not standards, then what? EU Medical Device Regulations 5
L In house calibration - Our CMM's are outside certified can I use them to certify our standards General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 4
F AS9100D, raw material standards are a requirement for manufacturing? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 5