Prior Notice of Sub-Supplier or Material Source Change - PPAP Requirements Question

Jim Wynne

Leader
Admin
Re: Prior Notice of Sub-Supplier or Material Source Change - PPAP Requirements Questi

Don't get me wrong, I do appreciate the fact that I was at least made aware of the change. However I think I should have been notified of the change before hand so I could has assessed the risk, significant etc.

Then if I so desired I could have had my purchasing group formally issue sample orders against affected parts

You indicated in the OP that the commodity in question is steel; if that's the case, and it's a standard type/grade, so long as they can demonstrate equivalency (i.e., that the material meets specifications), there shouldn't be a need for a big production.

If you want your suppliers to go beyond what's specified in the PPAP manual (and other applicable standards) you need to put your expectations/requirements in writing.

J

jkittle

Re: Prior Notice of Sub-Supplier or Material Source Change - PPAP Requirements Questi

I agree. Thanks again

W

world quality

I just deleted my first post in this thread because it wasn't accurate. The way I read the PPAP manual, the supplier (in this case) isn't required to notify the customer. Look at the requirements for notification and submission in the manual (which I don't have in front of me at the moment). It requires notification for a change of supplier involving a "nonequivalent material" and submission for an "engineering change" where material is involved.

As for how far down the chain it goes, any change at the lowest tier will require review at each subsequent level of the ladder. If supplier "E" has to notify (or submit PPAP to) supplier "D," supplier "D" will have to notify/submit to supplier "C" and so on. This is all contingent upon (A) the AIAG PPAP requirements being explicitly cited in the contract and (B) the rules for notification and submission.

jim
Remember, this in the ppap manual. Supplier to customer or up the supply chain and the main customer requirements. Product/Process Change Notification: THE-1002 Table 3.1 ( this should be qualified in the SQMR):applause:

Jim remem

Jim Wynne

Leader
Admin

jim
Remember, this in the ppap manual. Supplier to customer or up the supply chain and the main customer requirements. Product/Process Change Notification: THE-1002 Table 3.1 ( this should be qualified in the SQMR):applause:

Jim remem

Could you perhaps try that again? I can't make any sense of it.

Top Bottom