Prioritized Reduction Plan - TS 16949 Clause 4.13.2.1 - Meeting this requirement?

M

monkey

How are people meeting this requirement? What sorts of Prioritized Reduction Plans are you all instituting? We quantify and analyze non-conforming product and set goals for improvement, look for common causes, etc., but I'm not sure what sort of Prioritized Reduction Plan we need to have. Does it have to be documented? Tracking the progress of the plan would be done at Management Review meetings where we discuss all measurables. Thanks!

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
Do a search here in the forums for the words Prioritized Reduction and make sure you set your search to search all forums. There are a number of threads where Prioritized Reduction Plans are discussed. I did a search and came up with a number of threads with Prioritized Reduction in the title.

If none of the threads answer your specific question, then come back and give us some more specifics. For example: What industry? What processes?

T

tomvehoski

It sounds like you may already be on the right track. Example...

April - July Scrap

Part AAA - 1045 pieces = $10,000
Part BBB - 133 pieces = $1,000
Part CCC - 2000 pieces = $5,000

My priorities would be to reduce scrap on AAA, then CCC, then BBB as resources allow. Show documentation and reasoning as to why you have chosen to work on a certain project. You could document this through corrective/preventive action systems.

Hope this helps,

Tom

A

Al Dyer

You might consider using the RPN's from your FMEA's to define your Prioritized Reduction Plan. The metrics are already there and if you do have a corrective action you should be updating the fmea RPN's.

Let's use the tools we have and not create more work and possible oversights that an audir might catch.

Top Bottom