Privacy Policy - Elsmar Cove Privacy (and Cookie) Policy - 090405

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
C

Craig H.

I read all the way down to the bottom - you're right, that Cayman lawsuit thing was a grabber. :confused: Jeez... hope it went away.
You think Cayman is bad, there was an article on the front page of the WSJ either last Friday or the weekend edition about Monster Cable. They send nasty letters, and sue, anyone who uses the word "Monster" in their name. You know the recent Disney movie with "Monster" in the title? Yep, they sued. Details of the settlement remain secret.

Sheesh.

I'll never buy any more of their stuff. Lots of people make thick wire.

Stijloor

Staff member
Super Moderator
You think Cayman is bad, there was an article on the front page of the WSJ either last Friday or the weekend edition about Monster Cable. They send nasty letters, and sue, anyone who uses the word "Monster" in their name. You know the recent Disney movie with "Monster" in the title? Yep, they sued. Details of the settlement remain secret.

Sheesh.

I'll never buy any more of their stuff. Lots of people make thick wire.
I'm thinking about monster trucks tricks...:D

Stijloor.

BradM

Staff member
Admin
Don't get me started about the ridiculous state that copyright has got to:notme::

http://elsmar.com/Forums/showthread.php?t=33323

I'm sorry, but a word cannot be copyrighted, IMHO. Language has been around a long, long, time, and is everybody's property. A word and it's association is a different story, but that is not what is at stake here.

Ok, sorry. :topic:

Well worded, Marc. If you're on the Internet, there are risks involved, so understand that.:agree1::yes:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Marc Privacy - Elsmar Cove Privacy Policy and Statement Elsmar Cove Forum ToS and Forum Policies 0
S Procedure on Privacy Policy in the ISO 13485 quality management system ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
Marc Privacy Policy - EU GDPR Compliance - 1 December 2018 Elsmar Cove Forum ToS and Forum Policies 0
Marc Reality Privacy Policy Funny Stuff - Jokes and Humour 0
M Automatic Data Gathering Requirements and Privacy Implications Medical Information Technology, Medical Software and Health Informatics 0
S Mobile app data privacy - Length of record retention in a software app Medical Information Technology, Medical Software and Health Informatics 1
K GDPR - Is it really necessary for the DPO(s) to be knowledgeable to Data Privacy Law? IEC 27001 - Information Security Management Systems (ISMS) 3
Raffy What is the first step in doing PIA (Privacy Impact Assessment)? IEC 27001 - Information Security Management Systems (ISMS) 3
Q Regulations around Data Privacy 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 3
Marc Google - New Privacy Info - July 2016 World News 3
P HIPAA Privacy - Login password or USB Access key? Other US Medical Device Regulations 3
Marc Facebook and Privacy - Food for Thought After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 8
Marc Facebook Privacy Settings as of 20100513 After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 0
Marc Privacy issues? Facebook Aspects to Think About After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 2
Wes Bucey Privacy of communications - a common myth Career and Occupation Discussions 3
Icy Mountain Spyware, (key)loggers, verification, and privacy - Protecting Children After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 12
Marc Laptops at U.S. border: No privacy rights Travel - Hotels, Motels, Planes and Trains 6
Marc Thinking Privacy and Security? Microsoft's Passport Program After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 0
I Quality Policy and Objectives examples Elsmar Cove Forum Suggestions, Complaints, Problems and Bug Reports 2
T Advice needed - Environmental MS - unwritten but customer requests policy document ISO 14001:2015 Specific Discussions 5
A Objectives in Quality Policy ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 15
K ISO 13485 section 5.3 Quality Policy - No framework for establishing and reviewing quality objectives ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
A Glass and brittle plastic Policy - Required per FSSC 220002-4? Food Safety - ISO 22000, HACCP (21 CFR 120) 0
A ISO/TS 22163 Item 5.2.4 Safety policy - Example wanted Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 2
I Environmental Policy Content - ISO 14001 Clause 5.2 ISO 14001:2015 Specific Discussions 2
F ISO 13485:2016 Quality Policy Requirements Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 3
M Informational EU – Employment, Social Policy, Health and Consumer Affairs Council Public session (Health) – AOB – medical devices Implementation of the regulation o Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
M Informational USFDA – Refuse to Accept Policy for 510(k)s Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 1
R Customer supplied material - risk and policy advice needed Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 11
R ISO 20000 requirement about the Change Management Policy IT (Information Technology) Service Management 3
M Medical Device News FDA Guidance - UDI: Policy Regarding Compliance Dates for Class I and Unclassified Devices and Certain Devices Requiring Direct Marking Other US Medical Device Regulations 0
H Water Ingress Policy for a Manufacturing company Manufacturing and Related Processes 3
M Example ISO 14971 policy and risk criteria ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 0
M Quality Policy - Standards and reference numbers ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 14
Q Including services in quality policy? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
R Establishing the quality policy for ISO 9001:2015 ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 10
Q NC if word "development" stated in Policy? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 11
B Quality Policy does not include a commitment to comply with legal requirements Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 5
K Where in the quality manual do I put our Quality Objectives and our Quality Policy Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 19
J President does not know what the Quality Policy means ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 10
Q ISO 9001:2015 - Extent of Policy and Scope with Context and Interested Parties ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
D Document Retention Policy IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 5
S Is a Quality Policy Statement a Requirement? (ISO 13485) ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 7
B How to prove that an organization implements anti bribery policy IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 8
M New Quality Policy for ISO 9001:2015 - Please Review ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
T Policy or Good Guidance for a Traceability Decision Tree (Serial and Batch Numbers) Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 4
Q Including the Word "Risk" into the Quality Policy (ISO 9001:2015)? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 4
G Does ISO 9001:2015 call for a Policy or a Statement ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 11
D Is anyone changing their ISO 14001:2004 EMS Policy? ISO 14001:2015 Specific Discussions 8
M Component Manufacturer of Food Stuffs Mfg. Equipment Parts - Eat Drink Policy ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1