Problem with IATF 16949 Clause 7.2.3 Requirements (Internal Auditor Competency)

Peters

Quite Involved in Discussions
7.2.3 Internal auditor competency
[…]
Quality management system auditors, manufacturing process auditors, and product auditors shall all be able to demonstrate the following minimum competencies:
a) understanding of the automotive process approach for auditing, including risk-based thinking;
b) understanding of applicable customer-specific requirements;
c) understanding of applicable ISO 9001 and IATF 16949 requirements related to the scope of the audit;
d) understanding of applicable core tools
e) understanding how to plan, conduct, report and close out audit findings
[…]

I’m not sure that it should be required for manufacturing process auditors to have knowledge in scope of ISO 9001 and IATF 16949 requirements.

But more important – Why product auditors have to know all above? It is not closely related to their duties. A lot of the product auditors, I know, hasn’t such competencies.

Last edited:

Bev D

Heretical Statistician
Leader
Super Moderator
Re: Problem with 7.2.3 requirements (Internal auditor competency)

the standard does add the modifier "applicable"
I think this makes sense that the process auditors understand what the standards say about process requirements and Customer specific requirements...

can you provide a specific example of concern with this requirement? i.e. what roles do your process auditors have and what conflicts you see with the standard's requirement?

Sebastian

Trusted Information Resource
c) ...scope of the audit,
I do not see problem at all.
What is a scope of process audit? What is a scope of product audit? Are there any CSR's applicable to these scopes?

Top Bottom