Procedures - New Revision or Original Issue - Upgrading to ISO9001:2000

C

C Emmons

I have a silly question: I made the decision to keep all of the existing procedures under the previous ISO 9002:1994 standard. I am an the process of renumbering to and adding the new requirements in some of the existing procedures.

should I

A) Consider the procedure w/ new requiements as a revision to to old procedure?

B) Consider it an orginal issue again?

C) Does not really matter!

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
K
Done it both ways-

Retired (documented the retirement) the "old" and issued as a new document number the "revised" procedure.

Rev'd up the "old" procedure keeping the same number.

Both worked, whichever is easier.;)

M

Michael T

Re: New Revision or Original Issue

C Emmons said:

I have a silly question: I made the decision to keep all of the existing procedures under the previous ISO 9002:1994 standard. I am an the process of renumbering to and adding the new requirements in some of the existing procedures.

should I

A) Consider the procedure w/ new requiements as a revision to to old procedure?

B) Consider it an orginal issue again?

C) Does not really matter!
Not so silly....

I look at it this way... if you are fundamentally changing the content and intent of the procedure with the additions you are making - then it becomes a new procedure. If you are simply revising the procedure to fall in line with the new standard, but are not changing the basic premise of the procedure - then it is a revision.

Does it matter? I can't say. What's the difference between what you are doing and completely scapping the QMS and starting from scratch? To an auditor - I'd say, no it doesn't matter so long as your QMS reflects the requirments of the new standard. To you... it probably matters a whole lot... :vfunny:

Hope this helps!!!

Cheers!!

Mike

C

C Emmons

Thank you for the quick response! Figures - I didnt think about it until I was half way through them!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Revision date for SOP (Standard Operating Procedures) ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 43
J Does ISO require that documents/procedures have a page/list of revision histories? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 10
C Revision History Page on Procedures Back/Front of Doc Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 10
C Guidelines on record retention of obsoleted calibration procedures (Revision History) Records and Data - Quality, Legal and Other Evidence 9
DuncanGibbons Model-Based procedures and Architecting the QMS as a System Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 2
R Scientific Operating Procedures For Sterilization Practices in India PSA/2012/1 Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 0
T Design Control Procedures later in the Development Process ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
DuncanGibbons Are the IQ OQ & PQ procedures applicable to the aerospace industry? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 6
B Procedures for Complaint Handling and Post Market Surveillance EU Medical Device Regulations 7
A Recall/Adverse event report procedures in Kuwait/Qatar/Kenya Other Medical Device and Orthopedic Related Topics 3
S Use of "Shall" versus "Should" in Procedures ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 21
F Recommended practice for furnishing Technical Procedures ISO 17025 related Discussions 1
B Measuring and monitoring equipment - Understanding which procedures to be compliant with ISO 13485 ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
F ISO 17025:2017 Clause 7.4.1 - Requirements for Procedures ISO 17025 related Discussions 4
M MDR Annex IX Chapter I, 2.2 (c) - Device identification procedures during manufacture. EU Medical Device Regulations 1
R How to improve a Validation program and procedures to FDA (21 CFR part 820) & ISO13485 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 3
N ISO 9001: 2015 - Example standards policies, procedures, acknowledgements and checklists ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 1
M Quality System Processes without Documented Procedures Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 39
L IATF 16949 requirements for Product Safety Procedures IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 14
M FDA News USFDA Final Rule – Medical Device Classification Procedures: Incorporating Food and Drug Administration Safety and Innovation Act Procedures Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
M FDA News The FDA Issues Final Rule on Medical Device Classification Procedures Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
K Assigning the Correct Procedures Applicable to Job Titles General Auditing Discussions 15
M Medical Device News FDA's Policies and Procedures Should Better Address Postmarket Cybersecurity Risk to Medical Devices Other US Medical Device Regulations 0
Q MDSAP Regions and how to include in procedures Other Medical Device Related Standards 2
M Translate Procedures into Spanish Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 5
J Nonconforming product procedures SOP help :) Nonconformance and Corrective Action 2
P How to have employees buy-in of quality procedures. Best practices? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 8
M IATF Clause 8.4.2.2 - What procedures does this apply to? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 1
S Which ISO 9001 Clause applies to "Procedures are outdated"? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 31
K Proto 6106 and 6106A Adjustment procedures General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 0
M ISO13485 Documentation packs (manual, procedures, forms etc) ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
S How many QMS processes and procedures? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
D Job Titles referenced in Procedures IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 18
Q Management control Procedures & Operational Control Procedures ISO 14001:2015 Specific Discussions 1
S Risk based approach - Procedures already take a risk-based approach to QMS processes ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
G ISO 17025 Calibration Laboratory Assessor's Common Questions and Procedures ISO 17025 related Discussions 11
S Are 2 Hard Copies of Procedures and Instructions Required? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
I Procedures from recognized standards or specifications ISO 17025 related Discussions 3
I Concerning procedures within Quality Manual ISO 17025 related Discussions 10
S Language of procedures when operating in multiple countries ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
A AS9100 Rev D - List of Required Procedures Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 5
A AS9100D Quality Manual & Procedures needed Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 4
K AS9100:2016 (Rev. D) Required Procedures AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 19
A Special Procedures for Non Aerospace Customers AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 3
R Importance of Written Procedures in ISO 9001:2015 ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 9
Q Is KPI in Process Valid if not supported by Procedures? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
V QMS / QSR - Reference to Framework - Templates - Procedures for Medical Devices 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 11
N International / Traceable Standards - Procedures for Calipers, Micrometers, Etc. ISO 17025 related Discussions 2
M Retiring documents in Document Control Procedures ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
R How to Control Videos as part of the QMS Documented Procedures and Instructions Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 2