Procedures - New Revision or Original Issue - Upgrading to ISO9001:2000

C

C Emmons

I have a silly question: I made the decision to keep all of the existing procedures under the previous ISO 9002:1994 standard. I am an the process of renumbering to and adding the new requirements in some of the existing procedures.

should I

A) Consider the procedure w/ new requiements as a revision to to old procedure?

B) Consider it an orginal issue again?

C) Does not really matter!

K

KenS

Done it both ways-

Retired (documented the retirement) the "old" and issued as a new document number the "revised" procedure.

Rev'd up the "old" procedure keeping the same number.

Both worked, whichever is easier.;)

M

Michael T

Re: New Revision or Original Issue

C Emmons said:

I have a silly question: I made the decision to keep all of the existing procedures under the previous ISO 9002:1994 standard. I am an the process of renumbering to and adding the new requirements in some of the existing procedures.

should I

A) Consider the procedure w/ new requiements as a revision to to old procedure?

B) Consider it an orginal issue again?

C) Does not really matter!

Not so silly....

I look at it this way... if you are fundamentally changing the content and intent of the procedure with the additions you are making - then it becomes a new procedure. If you are simply revising the procedure to fall in line with the new standard, but are not changing the basic premise of the procedure - then it is a revision.

Does it matter? I can't say. What's the difference between what you are doing and completely scapping the QMS and starting from scratch? To an auditor - I'd say, no it doesn't matter so long as your QMS reflects the requirments of the new standard. To you... it probably matters a whole lot... :vfunny:

Hope this helps!!!

Cheers!!

Mike

C

C Emmons

Thank you for the quick response! Figures - I didnt think about it until I was half way through them!

Top Bottom