Process and Internal Audit Criteria matrix wanted

Hello together,

As I am regular with audits(Internal, External and Process) , I am thinking prepare a Audit criteria matrix for entire year for the organization (Manufacturing and for Suppliers) depending on the results.. This Audit criteria will include all the data of Customer complaints, Process failures, line failures (NC) , Special process failures, New customer requirements inclusion, Supplier failures and any other deviation in the production as well as supplies. This will help in creating the continual process audit plan for the year.

So please help me out to create this Audit matrix with your valuable input. If anyone have this kind of matrix (xls,Doc) please share.

Thanks in advance.

VD

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Jen Kirley

Quality and Auditing Expert
Staff member
Admin
Good day VD,

I made a corrective action log that could be used to track issues of various kinds. It is paired with audit planning tools in an Excel spreadsheet called Audit Program Manager. You could make a long range plan that takes into consideration the various types of issues, which are counted and graphed as they are entered and categorized in the Corrective Action Log.

I hope this helps!

Hello together,

As I am regular with audits(Internal, External and Process) , I am thinking prepare a Audit criteria matrix for entire year for the organization (Manufacturing and for Suppliers) depending on the results.. This Audit criteria will include all the data of Customer complaints, Process failures, line failures (NC) , Special process failures, New customer requirements inclusion, Supplier failures and any other deviation in the production as well as supplies. This will help in creating the continual process audit plan for the year.

So please help me out to create this Audit matrix with your valuable input. If anyone have this kind of matrix (xls,Doc) please share.

Thanks in advance.

VD
Trying to plan what audit criteria to use for audits in 4, 5, 6 or 12 month's time is a practical impossibility - IF you want to have successful audits. None of us have a clue what we'll be doing in that time frame, and we're somewhat in control of our lives - that's impossible at work. Sure you can try to "crystal ball" the thing, but you'll be constantly changing IF you wish to do more than simply do all the elements (or similar) in 12 months. BTW such a plan is NOT required.

Trying to plan what audit criteria to use for audits in 4, 5, 6 or 12 month's time is a practical impossibility - IF you want to have successful audits. None of us have a clue what we'll be doing in that time frame, and we're somewhat in control of our lives - that's impossible at work. Sure you can try to "crystal ball" the thing, but you'll be constantly changing IF you wish to do more than simply do all the elements (or similar) in 12 months. BTW such a plan is NOT required.
Hello Andy
This kind of document or matrix will help organization based on the previous records and dynamic changes in the organization will also be included (Like Customer complaints, new developments/relocation/New processes). This can be done but yes I accept bit time taking and chaotic.

Hello Andy
This kind of document or matrix will help organization...

This can be done but yes I accept bit time taking and chaotic.
I'd like to understand how.

If it's time consuming and chaotic, how is that worthwhile?

In 25+ years of auditing I've yet to find such a document of any use as you describe.

I'd like to understand how.

If it's time consuming and chaotic, how is that worthwhile?

In 25+ years of auditing I've yet to find such a document of any use as you describe.
Hello Andy

I have seen this document with one of the major Automotive OEM. And its worth spending. I have seen how they regularized and made it very clear that the matrix will guide which processes need to be audited. This is all based on the data we have with.I am just trying to find a way to make it for our company.

Hello Andy

I have seen this document with one of the major Automotive OEM. And its worth spending. I have seen how they regularized and made it very clear that the matrix will guide which processes need to be audited. This is all based on the data we have with.I am just trying to find a way to make it for our company.
I understand. I have also seen major OEMs do things which make zero sense. They often have large Quality resources who have time to do such things. The model they use for doing audits is often based on the CB process which is NOT suitable for internal audits. I could go on.

As I say, I'd like to understand the benefits...

I understand. I have also seen major OEMs do things which make zero sense. They often have large Quality resources who have time to do such things. The model they use for doing audits is often based on the CB process which is NOT suitable for internal audits. I could go on.

As I say, I'd like to understand the benefits...
Hello Andy,

Please go through the primary Question for your reference.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
U Internal Auditor not trained but done Audit for some process Nonconformance and Corrective Action 5
B Using Unreleased Documents & Process Maps for Internal Audit purposes ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 12
N Small Company - Internal audit process - Who does the audit? Internal Auditing 16
V IATF 16949 9.2.2.1 Internal Audit Program - "Process Changes" IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 11
C Internal Audit - Process Clause Matrix / Audit Checklist ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 7
E How do I create a FMEA for the Internal Audit process? Internal Auditing 11
R AS9100D Internal Audit Process Checklists ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 6
P Internal Audit Matrix Process Query ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 38
N Internal Process Audits - 7.1 Planning - How do YOU audit it? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 7
W Internal Audit of the Internal Audit Process Internal Auditing 15
L Request APQP Process Internal Audit checklist APQP and PPAP 2
K Process Owners signing Internal Audit Reports Internal Auditing 6
R On Auditing Internal Audit Process - How Independence can be Established Internal Auditing 4
R Auditing a process outside the realm of the formal Internal Audit ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 9
J Can I skip Payment Process audit for TS16949 Internal Audit? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 4
C ISO 17025 Internal Audit of an "Internal Audit Process" ISO 17025 related Discussions 6
N Internal Audit Process for small Medical Device company Internal Auditing 9
M Auditing the Internal Audit Process - 8.2.2 General Auditing Discussions 2
J Auditing the Internal Auditing Process - Audit Nonconformance General Auditing Discussions 3
P Company Conducted Internal Audit Offsite using a Document Review Process Internal Auditing 65
F Airport Internal Audit Checklist (Cleaning, Project Process, Maintenance, etc) Internal Auditing 3
P Internal Audit Corrective Actions - Can a CB write an NC on an in-process CA? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 27
B Can I use Internal Audit Checklist to do Process Audit? Process Audits and Layered Process Audits 9
K When is the best time to Audit the Internal Audit Process? Internal Auditing 25
R Process Internal Audit Checklist for Service Organizations wanted ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 10
P Internal ISO 9001 Audit - Process Audit Checklist Internal Auditing 31
G Performing an Internal Audit on the Cost Estimating Process AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 7
J Internal Audit schedule & Process Audit Checklists Internal Auditing 3
T Internal Audit questions for Statistical Process Control and Process Control Internal Auditing 14
Casana How to document Internal Audits done via the "Process Audit" methodology Internal Auditing 9
P Problems with Internal Process Audit integration due to different CSR IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
V Internal Audit - Process based vs. Procedure based AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 11
H Internal Audit Plan - Seperate audit plans for system, process, and for products IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 4
M How to Internal Audit the Calibration Process Internal Auditing 12
tony s Let the Registrar audit the Internal Audit process Internal Auditing 45
A External Audit CAR when Internal Audit CAR is in process? General Auditing Discussions 34
T Internal audit checklists related to the software development process Internal Auditing 3
D Can Internal Auditors Audit the Internal Audit Process / System? How? General Auditing Discussions 12
M Showing the Effectiveness of the Internal Audit Process System - AS9100B Clause 8.2.2 AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 4
A Need Example of Metrics for Internal Audit Process. Internal Auditing 6
K Defining Internal Audit Process Goals & Objectives Internal Auditing 49
C Audit Differences - Process, Product, Internal? (4 questions) - TS 16949 General Auditing Discussions 7
M Internal Auditing of our APQP Process - Who can audit APQP? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 5
T Process Internal Audit - Requirement on Monitoring Objectives & Improvement ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
G Process Effectiveness Metric for the process ?Internal Audit? Internal Auditing 25
Joe Cruse Internal Audit format - Idea of the process approach to the audit Internal Auditing 16
E Internal Process Audit Sampling using MIL-STD-105-E - 500 operators on 3 shifts Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 4
I ISO 13485 Practical Internal Audit Checklist - Standard vs. Process Based Internal Auditing 26
Gman2 ISO 9001:2000 Internal Audit: Someone PLEASE find me the "Shall" on "Process Audits" Process Audits and Layered Process Audits 37
Claes Gefvenberg Internal Audit Process Flow Chart - Please Review Mine and Comment! Internal Auditing 27