Process Capability Study - Aggregate vs. Individual Processes

N

ncwalker

Me. :) Those are my children. That's what I want to do - take one of those, and then let the user specify some parameters to make randomly generated data (random normal, true random, function based). Then - select a sampling pattern. So they would make, say, 10,000 points and one could go in and say "I want to sample 5 points every 50 points ..." Then you could see what happens. With the ability to overlay the sampling distribution with the population distribution. I find that when I talk to people about these things, I'm always just sketching distributions by hand. It would be nice to have a model that you could run through the actual calculations. That's what I'm after. Then if you wanted to do a presentation on the topics, you could use the model to generate the graphs, etc.

N

ncwalker

Also, you're missing one of them. I have an Xbar s as well.

Here's all three (current revisions).

Attachments

• Control Chart Running Sigma with Histogram.xlsx
    1 MB · Views: 395
  • Control Chart XBar R with Histogram.xlsx
    985 KB · Views: 319
  • Control Chart XBar s with Histogram.xlsx
    969.5 KB · Views: 225

Proud Liberal

Quite Involved in Discussions
Would you mind posting an unlocked versions? I really like what you've done and would like to customize for my purposes using yours as a template.

N

ncwalker

My problem with that is if they then get out, I may get one back and THINK it's mine, when it no longer is. Let me ponder a bit on how to do that in a clever way.

Proud Liberal

Quite Involved in Discussions
If you setup a hidden and protected sheet to monitor your personal copy, the rev level could be indexed anytime you sent a copy to another person. So if you sent me one at rev 5, your copy would be up-revved to 6. I couldn't change it and if you would know any rev below 6 could have been modified by someone else.

Also, if you only sent out a copy to individuals instead of posting it to the forum, you'd have an additional level (albeit limited) level of control. If this works for you, my e-mail is [email protected].

Eric Gasper

Perpetual Quality Learner
Leader
PQ Systems
Unfortunately, ncwalker is no longer an active account. So those attachments they provided are likely 'as is'

Top Bottom