Process Characteristics for Inspection and Storage

Hi All,

This is my first post in Elsmar.
I have a doubt in defining the process characteristics for inspection, testing and Storage process. Please see the different processes where I had doubt

1. Dimensional Inspection - To verify OD, ID and thickness using vernier caliper / micrometer.

2. Incoming inspection - To verify the conformance to PO requirements. Only the verification of certificates is performed

4. Material Batch testing - To verify the properties (such as Tensile strength elongation, etc) using UTM

3. Storage of packed items - To store the packed items without damage or deterioration

Will be helpful if any of you could throw some light

Regards

Yatheendra

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
Hi,
Thank you for your time.
I am sorry if I was not clear enough in my question. I just wanted to get a generalised answer that for inspection process what will be the process characteristics
To explain better, I thought I will attach a sample control plan file. In that against the processes such as Incoming inspection, testing, visual inspection etc, I would like to know what could be the possible process characteristics.
I have highlighted the cells and put a question mark. Hope it makes my question clearer.

Thanks
Yatheendra

Attachments

Miner

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Admin
Much clearer now.

There will not always be a Process Characteristic for every process step. You may have Product only, Process only, or Product & Process.

For #100, there is probably no relevant Process characteristic
For #120, are there requirements for ambient temperature/relative humidity? Sample preparation?
#130, Any requirements for lighting, magnification?
#135, ambient temperature/relative humidity? This would be more common for extremely tight tolerances.
#140, Shelf life, temperature, relative humidity, stock rotation?

These are possibilities only. They must make sense in your particular situation.

Dear Miner,

Thank you very much for the clarification. Had doubt if process characteristics are relevant for each processes. It is clear to me now.
Thank you for your valuable time. Will come back if I get any more doubts.
:thanx:
Yatheendra

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Q Choosing In-Process Inspection Characteristics Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 7
J 1.11 Preliminary Identification of Special Product and Process Characteristics APQP and PPAP 4
Z Pass-Though Characteristics in PFMEA (Process FMEA) FMEA and Control Plans 2
Q Identifying Critical Items and Key Characteristics - Product Realization Process AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 8
R Process to use Special Characteristics as FMEA Inputs IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
D Establishing Key Process Characteristics (KPC's) Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 6
C How to define Process Special Characteristics (SC) FMEA and Control Plans 4
M Non Normal Data Managing - Clements Method to get Process Characteristics Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 8
L Contents of PPAP Control Plan - Product & Process Characteristics? FMEA and Control Plans 10
P Must Key Product/Process Characteristics (KPC's) always be variables? Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 11
S Process Control Plans: Product Characteristics vs. Process Characteristics Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 7
K Where to put Product and Process Characteristics on the Control Plan. FMEA and Control Plans 1
S Product Characteristics vs. Process Characteristics in FMEA FMEA and Control Plans 5
C If there are no critical characteristics must I supply process capability APQP and PPAP 2
D FMEA and Control Plan Characteristics Column - Product / Process Information FMEA and Control Plans 2
S Process Characteristics for small manual assembly - How to determine FMEA and Control Plans 5
A What are Process Characteristics QS-9000 - American Automotive Manufacturers Standard 4
A Flowchart - Incoming Sources of Variation, Product and Process Characteristics QS-9000 - American Automotive Manufacturers Standard 5
G Capability - Process vs Product - Look at process characteristics to improve product? Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 16
M How to identify Special Process Characteristics in FMEA FMEA and Control Plans 7
D QS-9000 Clause 4.2.3.2 - Special Characteristics on process flow diagrams APQP and PPAP 4
Marc Run Charts - Plots of process characteristics against time or sequence Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 3
C Differentiating between Process and Product Characteristics in Control Plans FMEA and Control Plans 1
B How to satisfy clause 5.7.1.5 process validation for valve production API 6D Oil and Gas Industry Standards and Regulations 13
C Change Management Process ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 8
B Documents for production process IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 8
J Process Capability - Determining the process capability of certain equipment Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 6
Z E-Coating process International Specifications? FMEA and Control Plans 3
W CQI-15 for new welding process IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
D Using electronic lab notebooks in the design control process ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
M Process & Product Characteristic in Control Plan FMEA and Control Plans 17
S Consolidated Analysis Report for Moulding Process Manufacturing and Related Processes 1
P ISO 11607-2 Process Specification Other Medical Device Related Standards 1
Q Best off presentation of process flows Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 16
Q Logistics process flow ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
M Process FMEA for Laser Cutting/Press Brake/Welding FMEA and Control Plans 2
H Control of Change i.e. process and WI IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 9
F Is this misuse of the MRB process? Manufacturing and Related Processes 7
L Product and process Deviation procedure Manufacturing and Related Processes 1
Ch00Ch00 How to evaluate a process ? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 3
M Implants made by Additive Manufacturing process approved by USFDA Other Medical Device and Orthopedic Related Topics 1
Q Process Key figures and reporting ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 1
Ch00Ch00 Evaluate a process - Issue number Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 7
F Rules of process outsourcing in China China Medical Device Regulations 1
B Process / Procedure - Radiographic (X-Ray) Non-Film Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 0
P Certification process for registered device China Medical Device Regulations 12
J NCR- Failure of contract review process - NADCAP audit AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 6
Melissa Process Validation of Rotary Heat Sealer Speeds Design and Development of Products and Processes 4
C Validation of process for releasing the UDI EU Medical Device Regulations 4
Melissa Risk Management Process, How far do I need to go? ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 13