Process Characteristics for Inspection and Storage

Hi All,

This is my first post in Elsmar.
I have a doubt in defining the process characteristics for inspection, testing and Storage process. Please see the different processes where I had doubt

1. Dimensional Inspection - To verify OD, ID and thickness using vernier caliper / micrometer.

2. Incoming inspection - To verify the conformance to PO requirements. Only the verification of certificates is performed

4. Material Batch testing - To verify the properties (such as Tensile strength elongation, etc) using UTM

3. Storage of packed items - To store the packed items without damage or deterioration

Will be helpful if any of you could throw some light

Regards

Yatheendra

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
Hi,
Thank you for your time.
I am sorry if I was not clear enough in my question. I just wanted to get a generalised answer that for inspection process what will be the process characteristics
To explain better, I thought I will attach a sample control plan file. In that against the processes such as Incoming inspection, testing, visual inspection etc, I would like to know what could be the possible process characteristics.
I have highlighted the cells and put a question mark. Hope it makes my question clearer.

Thanks
Yatheendra

Attachments

Miner

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Admin
Much clearer now.

There will not always be a Process Characteristic for every process step. You may have Product only, Process only, or Product & Process.

For #100, there is probably no relevant Process characteristic
For #120, are there requirements for ambient temperature/relative humidity? Sample preparation?
#130, Any requirements for lighting, magnification?
#135, ambient temperature/relative humidity? This would be more common for extremely tight tolerances.
#140, Shelf life, temperature, relative humidity, stock rotation?

These are possibilities only. They must make sense in your particular situation.

Dear Miner,

Thank you very much for the clarification. Had doubt if process characteristics are relevant for each processes. It is clear to me now.
Thank you for your valuable time. Will come back if I get any more doubts.
:thanx:
Yatheendra

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Q Choosing In-Process Inspection Characteristics Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 7
Z Pass-Though Characteristics in PFMEA (Process FMEA) FMEA and Control Plans 2
Q Identifying Critical Items and Key Characteristics - Product Realization Process AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 8
R Process to use Special Characteristics as FMEA Inputs IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
D Establishing Key Process Characteristics (KPC's) Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 6
C How to define Process Special Characteristics (SC) FMEA and Control Plans 4
M Non Normal Data Managing - Clements Method to get Process Characteristics Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 8
L Contents of PPAP Control Plan - Product & Process Characteristics? FMEA and Control Plans 10
P Must Key Product/Process Characteristics (KPC's) always be variables? Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 11
S Process Control Plans: Product Characteristics vs. Process Characteristics Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 7
K Where to put Product and Process Characteristics on the Control Plan. FMEA and Control Plans 1
S Product Characteristics vs. Process Characteristics in FMEA FMEA and Control Plans 5
C If there are no critical characteristics must I supply process capability APQP and PPAP 2
D FMEA and Control Plan Characteristics Column - Product / Process Information FMEA and Control Plans 2
S Process Characteristics for small manual assembly - How to determine FMEA and Control Plans 5
A What are Process Characteristics QS-9000 - American Automotive Manufacturers Standard 4
A Flowchart - Incoming Sources of Variation, Product and Process Characteristics QS-9000 - American Automotive Manufacturers Standard 5
G Capability - Process vs Product - Look at process characteristics to improve product? Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 16
M How to identify Special Process Characteristics in FMEA FMEA and Control Plans 7
D QS-9000 Clause 4.2.3.2 - Special Characteristics on process flow diagrams APQP and PPAP 4
Marc Run Charts - Plots of process characteristics against time or sequence Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 3
C Differentiating between Process and Product Characteristics in Control Plans FMEA and Control Plans 1
D Question regarding ECO process, specifically for Life Science products and defining form fit and function ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
P Managing How PPAP Requirements are Communicated in the Manufacturing Process and to Suppliers APQP and PPAP 4
I Control Plan (Product/Process specification/ Tolerance) acceptance FMEA and Control Plans 27
L Process changes and biocompatibility (ISO 10993-1) Other Medical Device Related Standards 1
A Validation of Forced Aeration Process ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
R Error Proofing Label process Manufacturing and Related Processes 4
B New Release of CQI-12 Coatings Process (Revision 3- Release date- 7/2020) Customer and Company Specific Requirements 2
D Layered Process Audits - FCA 9.2.2 - Exemption Clause? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 4
B ISO 11607-2 "Critical Parameter" vs. "Process Parameter" Other Medical Device Related Standards 3
Q Example Process orientation to the process leadership, management, goals (tasks of the top management) ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 10
S Process Inspection -Sub assembly process inspection sheet Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 3
T ISO 13485 8.3 - Non-Conforming Materials - on-line rework or part of process? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 11
T Outsourced process in ISO 45001 Occupational Health & Safety Management Standards 2
L Manufacturing Process Audit Help IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 6
T Formal Q Self Assessment - Problem with assigning Product and Process Customer and Company Specific Requirements 1
K Problems with process equipment ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
W Need for current design or process control FMEA and Control Plans 2
M Hiring Decisions - How much effort do you put into the hiring process these days? (7/2020) Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 6
hockeyhead Existing process never included in AS9100 scope of certification AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 10
A What is the difference between Design Process, Process Design and Design Control? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 2
V Process, component or full product re-qualification: leaded to unleaded solder Qualification and Validation (including 21 CFR Part 11) 8
C Refreshing an old and boring topic - Job descriptions and Roles vs Process Documentation ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 38
R Where does IATF 16949 address Process mapping? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
C OEE and In-process Inspection Manufacturing and Related Processes 2
S Effective nonconforming process for AS9100 8.7 AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 6
T ISO 13485 - Process validation at critical suppliers ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 7
K Software Validation for Measurement Tools used in Process Validation ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
J Sub-supplier change from manual to automated process - same specs - Report to FDA? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 2