Process Consistency

Hi Family, i am chemist Bolu and i am new member in the house. I came across this forum when i was searching for a clue on how to have a consistent product quality with my new organization.
I work in a blown film industry as the assurance quality and there has been a lot of process inconsistencies which had degenerated into customer dissatisfaction. I need a contribution from someone experienced on the field: polyethylene blown film.
Major customer complains include:
1. Blown film thickness variation
2. blown film openability issue
3. blown film sealing
Thanks

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
Thanks for your anticipated contribution and response.

My organization is into polyethylene and polypropylene packaging materials like shopping bags, plain rolls Agro sacks, shrink wraps etc. We do not have a standard operating procedure for our operations and there is no standard recipe formulation for our blown film.

We keep alternating the percentage composition of our HDPE/LDPE/MASTERBATCH/ and FILLER in the recipe formulation composition. This practice has cost the organization so much in terms of customer dissatisfaction.

Going forward, i need a standard recipe formulation for blown film shopping bags that will yield a better result in product performance. And also a standard operating procedure for blown film extrusion line.

Thanks

Ninja

Looking for Reality
Trusted Information Resource
Hello Chemist, and welcome to the Cove.

You say Blown PET...do you mean Blown Polypropylene (BOPP)?
PET is typically melt stretched...

Either way, the blowing process tends to revolve primarily around heat consistency, pull speed consistency and pressure consistency on the blow stack.
Are you doing 10ft diameter blow stack? Or are you working with little tubes?

I see your follow up post...that references constant changes of chemical composition...when you change the material, you change everything...so what is it you are really asking? It seems like you already know the root cause, so how can we help?

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Staff member
Admin
I would be very surprised if you get this type of assistance here because the people with the knowledge would likely be your competitors. To expect they part with valuable intellectual property to help a competing organization is just unrealistic.

Good luck.

Bev D

Heretical Statistician
Staff member
Super Moderator
Specific advice is also likely to be irrelevant in many ways. There are so many factors that will influence teh outcome from your equipment to process settings to environmental conditions to raw material properties. What you probably need is a tutorial in how to design studies to understand these factors and where to set them to guarantee the output.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B How to satisfy clause 5.7.1.5 process validation for valve production API 6D Oil and Gas Industry Standards and Regulations 13
C Change Management Process ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 8
B Documents for production process IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 8
J Process Capability - Determining the process capability of certain equipment Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 6
Z E-Coating process International Specifications? FMEA and Control Plans 3
W CQI-15 for new welding process IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
D Using electronic lab notebooks in the design control process ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
M Process & Product Characteristic in Control Plan FMEA and Control Plans 17
S Consolidated Analysis Report for Moulding Process Manufacturing and Related Processes 1
P ISO 11607-2 Process Specification Other Medical Device Related Standards 1
Q Best off presentation of process flows Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 16
Q Logistics process flow ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
M Process FMEA for Laser Cutting/Press Brake/Welding FMEA and Control Plans 2
H Control of Change i.e. process and WI IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 9
F Is this misuse of the MRB process? Manufacturing and Related Processes 7
L Product and process Deviation procedure Manufacturing and Related Processes 1
Ch00Ch00 How to evaluate a process ? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 3
M Implants made by Additive Manufacturing process approved by USFDA Other Medical Device and Orthopedic Related Topics 1
Q Process Key figures and reporting ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 1
Ch00Ch00 Evaluate a process - Issue number Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 7
F Rules of process outsourcing in China China Medical Device Regulations 1
B Process / Procedure - Radiographic (X-Ray) Non-Film Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 0
P Certification process for registered device China Medical Device Regulations 12
J NCR- Failure of contract review process - NADCAP audit AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 6
Melissa Process Validation of Rotary Heat Sealer Speeds Design and Development of Products and Processes 4
C Validation of process for releasing the UDI EU Medical Device Regulations 4
Melissa Risk Management Process, How far do I need to go? ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 13
C Validation of process for production and servicing 5.7.1.5 API Spec Q1, 9th Edition Oil and Gas Industry Standards and Regulations 9
Z IA Construction Procurement Process Internal Auditing 3
H Risk Management Plan in agile process ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 14
DuncanGibbons Process flow & PFMEA for production planning and simulation activities? Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 7
N Help with understanding Process Controls Manufacturing and Related Processes 7
M VDA 6.3 – Workshop for Certified Process Auditor VDA Standards - Germany's Automotive Standards 4
I PFD (Process Flow Diagram) approach. Setup details as part of PFD? APQP and PPAP 5
K Business Process Flowchart Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 2
L Looking for Control Plan and FMEA Stamping process FMEA and Control Plans 2
J License renewal process in Iran Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 0
J Definition Outsourced process - Clear definition - 13485 Definitions, Acronyms, Abbreviations and Interpretations Listed Alphabetically 5
S IS0 13485 process flows ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
H Verification Process for the existing MDS Product IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 5
C Revalidation of Process Equipment for Equipment Transfered to New Facility. ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 5
Q Process map Evaluation and Analysis Method Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 5
S In process inspection Manufacturing and Related Processes 2
S Brexit 100% inspection during in process inspection Manufacturing and Related Processes 11
A Complaint review as part of the complaint handling process? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
mustomutlu Process Validation Final Report Other Medical Device and Orthopedic Related Topics 2
Q Process Matrix_Audit Matrix Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 4
Q Process description for outsourced processes ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
Q Process matrix examples of ISO 9001 & 14001 ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
J Need Help with FPY Data in Assembly Process Manufacturing and Related Processes 7