Process Descriptions: Seeking guidance and examples

• Thread starter Carlos Echeverry
  • Start date
C

Carlos Echeverry

Anyone of you use any documento to describe each process of your system? more than a procedure, Im looking for a document that contains everything about each process but no too much detailed, but enough complete to give an idea about each one.

I was thinking in a document that contains:

a) goal of the process
b) description of main activities of this process
c) main authority of this process
d) others participants
e) list of documents
f) numerals of ISO 9001 that this process must comply
g) indicators
h) flowchart ??

If you are using something like this I would like to share ideas and documents.

Thanks

T

Tanahy

Carlos,
Did you mean Manufacturing process or ANY PROCESS, considering the Process Approach in Quality Systems, i think that every thing is a Process, so there is a procedure for every thing, Documented on not, this is the point, actually what you are asking for is kinda Procedure! how much details in the procedure>> these are the points you are asking if they are included or not, any way there are alot of procedures like those online, one of the most detailed ones i liked"BUT WILL NEVER USE" are the NASA ones here is a link for one of them
http://iso9000.ivv.nasa.gov/isodocs/IVV_05.pdf
i liked it.. but its too detailed for me ... OR .. may thats how it should be.. i would really like to know the opinions of other folk of such a procedure!
best of luck
Tanahy

R

Russ

Carlos Echeverry said:
Anyone of you use any documento to describe each process of your system? more than a procedure, Im looking for a document that contains everything about each process but no too much detailed, but enough complete to give an idea about each one.

I was thinking in a document that contains:

a) goal of the process
b) description of main activities of this process
c) main authority of this process
d) others participants
e) list of documents
f) numerals of ISO 9001 that this process must comply
g) indicators
h) flowchart ??

If you are using something like this I would like to share ideas and documents.

Thanks
We use process maps for each main process in addition to the procedure. They also make a good resource when auditing.

Caster

An Early Cover
Trusted Information Resource
AIAG Plexus Turtles are worth a look

Carlos

We are using a simplified turtle document to do most of what you are looking for.

I think it is worth a look. See the Plexus website and download the the user guide. It provides a pretty good description of this idea.

http://www.terrapeneintl.com/support/userman.htm

I resisted these turtles at first (not invented by me), but now I find them a great one page document to train and explain with.

Cheers

Joe

B

bobbibingo

Process Maps

My first post! :bigwave:

Together with Russ, I use process maps to describe all our processes. The particular software package used allows all inputs, outputs, resources and constraints to be identified togather with each individual task within the process. They are not as detailed as work instructions but are useful for internal auditing purposes.
Each requirement of ISO 9001 is also recorded on the map together with ownership and additonal notes.

Top Bottom