Process diagram and intranet communication software

Hello all,

We are currently going through a QMS "Revival" stage and are looking for a software which would help us communicate procedures which we have in place (Issue being, nobody follows procedures (or even knows them...) at this time)

This is only one part of the whole initiative, but i think it is quite important.

We have several ideas as to how we would like it to look like, i will provide them below and maybe someone will know some software which could accomplish such tasks (Our searches has unfortunately not returned positive results yet)

The software:
1. Possibility to draw process map
2. Possibility to assign roles and responsibilities to each/any step in the process map
3. Possibility to add instruction/explanations to certain steps of process (Like a popup window which would open after selecting a step)
3.1. Possibility to add pictures and videos to explanations of steps would be a bonus.
4. Intranet integration (or wiki-like, anything easily approachable by web browser)
4.1) Possibility to view all procedures in company
4.2) Possibility to view ONLY procedures in which a certain role is involved in
4.3) Possibility to quickview exact steps of certain procedure in which a role is involved in
5. Procedure exams (sort of testing if employee has read and understood the procedure)
6. Customization of views which employees see would also be a bonus.
7. and ofcourse approval / version control

Maybe anyone has come across / used before such a software or have any other recommendations?

Thanks for any information

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Marc

Hunkered Down for the Duration
Staff member
Admin
I would look at SmartDraw (relatively cheap per seat compared to Visio, and integrates with most MS Office files) and Visio (a Microsoft product which is quite expensive) first off and see what parts of your needs they address.

I used Smartdraw for many years for a number of things and highly recommend it. It does everything Visio does and more.

Another drawing tool is ConceptDraw. It's a desktop license compatible with Mac and PC and it wil let you do hyperlinks to files, videos, etc. as far as I know.

Pancho

wikineer
Super Moderator
A wiki with with Gliffy graphics would do all that you listed. (Disclaimer: I’m not affiliated with Gliffy, but we use it in our wiki.)

If you want buy-in and use of the system, let anyone in your company edit any wiki document.

You may also want to consider issue tracking software for your continuous improvement process. It complements the wiki wonderfully.

Marc

Hunkered Down for the Duration
Staff member
Admin
Another drawing tool is ConceptDraw. It's a desktop license compatible with Mac and PC and it wil let you do hyperlinks to files, videos, etc. as far as I know.
Since you only have 2 posts in the forum, both recommending ConceptDraw, please let us know if you are simply a user of the software or if you have any affiliation with the company who sells it.

Thanks!

If you are using Windows --> Visio/Office
If You are using Mac --> Gliffy
If You are using Linux --> Dia

If you use all 3 platforms + mobile --> Creately

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Jimmy123 Example of a P-Diagram for Process FMEA - Uncontrollable noises FMEA and Control Plans 39
M What are the differences between "Process Flowchart form" and "Process Flow Diagram form"? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 4
K Turtle diagram or process interaction chart - Making it easier for an auditor Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 19
N Process Flow diagram steps for inspection and packaging APQP and PPAP 4
R 510(k) Draft Guidance issued: 2011 vs 2014 - Appendix C. 510(k) Process diagram gone US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 1
A Can the BOM in SAP be used in lieu of process flow diagram? APQP and PPAP 7
S How can I make a Process Flow Diagram for APQP process Manufacturing and Related Processes 2
T Software for linking Process Flow Diagram, Process FMEA and Control Plan APQP and PPAP 9
M Process Flow Diagram -> PFMEA -> Control Plan Linkage IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 17
S IEC 62304 Software Process Diagram IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 1
J Help in Process Auditing - Turtle Diagram Examples Internal Auditing 2
B ISO9001 Process Organisation Diagram - Does this make sense to you? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 4
A Do you have a Turtle Diagram for each Core Process? Turtle Diagram Question AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 49
Z Process Map or Turtle Diagram - Which tool to use in my TS-16949 system IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 5
R Control Plan Flow compared to Process Flow Diagram APQP and PPAP 6
A Where should I reference my sample Process Diagram ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 8
M Template for Process Flow Diagram APQP and PPAP 5
L Importing CSV (comma separated values) / Excel process steps into Visio diagram Excel .xls Spreadsheet Templates and Tools 2
S Process Map - Turtle Diagram for Document Control Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 3
D Process Diagram - FMEA - Control Plan Software APQP and PPAP 5
B Need a Process Flow Diagram, Control Plan and PFMEA for Automotive Wiring Harness FMEA and Control Plans 10
I Looking for Process Documentation - QMS Process Flow Diagram in Excel Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 2
J Critique of Process Flow Diagram Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 7
B Is there a need to put symbols into every steps of the Process flow diagram In HACCP? Food Safety - ISO 22000, HACCP (21 CFR 120) 3
A Process Flow Chart vs. Process Flow Diagram? Pages 38-39 in the APQP Manual FMEA and Control Plans 3
J Manufacturing Process Audits using "Football" diagram Process Audits and Layered Process Audits 1
C Process Flow Diagram, FMEA and Control Plan Attached - Please Review FMEA and Control Plans 6
Le Chiffre ISO 13485 Process Model Diagram - Does anyone have one? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 9
J Must we include the owner of the process in the turtle diagram? Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 3
P Business process map - Please Review my Process Map and Turtle Diagram Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 31
M Contract Review Process Turtle Diagram - Please Review and Critique Contract Review Process 18
Manix GM GP12 - Indicate containment stations on the Process Flow Diagram? Customer and Company Specific Requirements 10
D Compounding Process - Seeking Generic Process Flow Diagram for Compounding Process Manufacturing and Related Processes 12
S Engineering Process - Drafting a turtle diagram - Seeking examples Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 15
R Dock audits on Process FMEA, Control Plan and Process Flow Diagram FMEA and Control Plans 5
Manix Best Process Flow Diagram for Automotive Parts Assembly Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 4
D Help with Process Flow Diagram - Please Review Mine! IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 8
J Seeking: Process Flow Diagram Form - Format and Content Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 13
D Process Control Plan Content: Relationship to PFMEA and Flow Diagram FMEA and Control Plans 3
J Process FMEA Template with examples - Cold and Hot Forged components FMEA and Control Plans 1
D Questions regarding process validation ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 5
D Question regarding ECO process, specifically for Life Science products and defining form fit and function ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
P Managing How PPAP Requirements are Communicated in the Manufacturing Process and to Suppliers APQP and PPAP 4
I Control Plan (Product/Process specification/ Tolerance) acceptance FMEA and Control Plans 27
L Process changes and biocompatibility (ISO 10993-1) Other Medical Device Related Standards 1
A Validation of Forced Aeration Process ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
R Error Proofing Label process Manufacturing and Related Processes 4
B New Release of CQI-12 Coatings Process (Revision 3- Release date- 7/2020) Customer and Company Specific Requirements 2
D Layered Process Audits - FCA 9.2.2 - Exemption Clause? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 4
B ISO 11607-2 "Critical Parameter" vs. "Process Parameter" Other Medical Device Related Standards 3