Process FMEA Ranking Table for for Landing Door of an Elevator

K

K.M.MOORTHI

Dear frds,

I want to create the PFMEA for Landing door of Elevator. It is an non auto sector. Can anyone help me to rank the severity, occurence, and detection.

Pls give ur advice in this. Thanks in advance.

Regards,
K.M.Moorthi:bonk:

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
Re: FMEA Ranking Table for for Landing Door of an Elevator

To suggest rankings you would have to list the potential failure modes for us to look at.

And you have to decide how many levels - e.g. 1 through 5, or 1 through 10.

K

K.M.MOORTHI

Dear Mr.Marc,

Thanks for your reply.. herewith i attached one excel file. I am not ranking it just simply filled it.
U can go thro it and suggest to ranking
how to rank?

Attachments

• fmea.xlsx
    94.8 KB · Views: 596

Marc

Leader
First thing to comes to my mind is a lot of high severity and low detection items. I did work with an elevator car manufacturer in 2002, but I'll look it over a bit closer later today.

Chennaiite

Never-say-die
Trusted Information Resource
Dear Mr.Marc,

Thanks for your reply.. herewith i attached one excel file. I am not ranking it just simply filled it.
U can go thro it and suggest to ranking
how to rank?

With very little Customization, the Ranking Criteria provided in AIAG manual will hold good for your application, I guess. Have you tried applying them? And did you run into some difficulties in applying them?

Whatsoever is the criteria you will apply, just take a step back at the end of it and give opportunity for the intuition(of team) to judge the Rank (Risk). If the Ranking number does not line up with your intuition, more often your intuition could be right, in my view.

K

K.M.MOORTHI

Dear marc,
thanks for ur immediate rly. I m also using the aiag manual. Nobody is experienced in FMEA in my organisation. Anyway thank u for ur input.

Regards,
K.M.Moorthi

Marc

Leader
I though I may have had something from 2002 but checked my files and no process FMEA. Sorry. If I remember correctly, the stuff on your FMEA was on theirs.

But - Like I said, I think you might want to think about detection methods.

K

K.M.MOORTHI

Since our manufacturing is a project oriented. We are not manufacturing standard parts. Thats why we cant do any patrol or first off inspection. It will affect the production. Because there will be 30 or 40 setting per day. We can do only final inspection or self inspection by the operator.

Thats why i want to do a generic FMEA.

Regards
K.M.Moorthi

Top Bottom