it would be great to present this with a tangible example in the form of a documentation:
I understood the hints.
XYZ leverages its IT systems to capture organizational knowledge.
Collaboration software (SharePoint):
- Tasks, documents and other list data:
- Task and other list types support attachment of documents, emails, etc. to collect and retain relevant information.
- Searchable in order to retrieve data as needed.
- SharePoint data is retained indefinitely.
User working directories:
- Allows attachment of documents, emails, etc. to most entry types to collect and retain relevant information.
- Allows notes to be added to many entry types to collect additional information.
- User working directories (e.g., My Documents, My Pictures, H: drive, etc.) are redirected to networked drives by Group Policy. This provides that user work will be stored in locations that will be backed up and can be retained even if a person has left the company.
- Email utilizes a central Exchange server for mailbox storage for all users. This allows backup, retention of emails and entire mailboxes even if a person has left the company.