Process Map - Upgrade Audit Tommorrow - Your Comments Please

B

Bob_M

Hey I haven't posted lately but here I am again a little frantic just before our upgrade Audit tommorrow. We end up with a different auditor :( but overall I'm very positive. One of the OFI we received during our Pre-Assessment was to better show ownership of our processes as well as how do we measure effectiveness of our main "processes". I've put off updating our Process Outline Map a lot longer than planned. So here it is. Comment welcome.
Major changes include adding WHO is OVERALL responsible for a major task/process and color coding the processes/task. I also added the Basic Goals/Metric for the Larger Boxed in MAJOR processes.
All comments welcome.
And feel free to use as an example for your self (I have many times) :)

I've also included the Org Chart that complements the Process Map

Attachments

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
S

SteelWoman

For what it's worth, we linked "ownership" of the processes through a separate document that has defined "goals" for every process on the overall process map. Each manager of that process is responsible for reporting to the MRT and to his own department the progress toward those goals each quarter. That way we have a nice ownership link between the processes and those processes goals.

Though, granted, an auditor hasn't blessed this yet! :vfunny:

B

Bob_M

SteelWoman said:
For what it's worth, we linked "ownership" of the processes through a separate document that has defined "goals" for every process on the overall process map. Each manager of that process is responsible for reporting to the MRT and to his own department the progress toward those goals each quarter. That way we have a nice ownership link between the processes and those processes goals.

Though, granted, an auditor hasn't blessed this yet! :vfunny:
We may eventually have a seperate "goals" document but we haven't gotten it done yet. We've met several times on the subject, but we've yet to finish it. Perhaps this upgrade audit will force us to finish it! :)
Techinically we are in the process and planning on finishing it! Its even in the last few (montly) Management Review records!

We're a small office of 6 and "official" reporting tends to be a waste of time/paperwork except in meeting records duirng our monthly "Staff Meetings" which sometimes double as Management Review Meetings.

During our pre-assessment audit I had trouble showing the auditor on PAPER (within the manual) who was responsible for what and what were the "measures" of our main processes.

J

Jimmy Olson

Hi Bob,

I don't see any problem with the org chart or the process map, expecially since it looks familiar :p I'm sure everything will go good tomorrow. Have fun :rolleyes:

B

Bob_M

Richard Olson said:
Hi Bob,
I don't see any problem with the org chart or the process map, expecially since it looks familiar :p I'm sure everything will go good tomorrow. Have fun :rolleyes:
Hey why totally reinvent the wheel, for something that mainly only auditors look at. Thanks again for the past help/samples!! :D
I'm sure things won't be perfect, but I'm praying for no MAJORs. My boss won't be to happy if we have to try again and spend more $$.

B

Bob_M

Claes Gefvenberg said:
Good luck tomorrow, Bob. :agree:

/Claes
Thanks Claes and eveyone else.

Our Upgrade has been reschedule a few times now (upto the day before - last week), at least this time I actually FEEL ready! :eek: (Of course tommorrow morning my stomach will probably be in knots!)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Calibration Process Flow Map Example Wanted General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 3
S Process Map for Supplier Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 5
T Operational setup of how FIFO / Process Map on Lithium Batteries is done Manufacturing and Related Processes 1
M AS9100D Process Map Requirements - PEAR Forms AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 18
Q To include Context and Interested Parties in Process Map? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
M Cross Function Process Map for Document Control Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 3
C Process Map Transition from ISO9001:2008 to ISO9001:2015 ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 1
O Process Mapping prior to Validation and Software to use to Map Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 12
S Process Map for an Engineering Consulting Firm Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 6
M Does a process map satisfy 21 CFR 820.20(d) (Quality Plan)? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 4
S Process Map and defining KPIs Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 5
A Sequence and Interaction of the Processes - Please review my Process Map ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 12
S Depicting Communication Flow Gaps between Departments/Process Steps on a Process Map Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 1
Q Process Maps: Sales, different products, more boxes - Critique my map? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
B Product Realisation Process Map - Need some help, please review and comment ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 6
Q Include Suppliers in my Process Map? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
K AS9100 rev c Process Map examples wanted AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 2
Z Process Map or Turtle Diagram - Which tool to use in my TS-16949 system IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 5
P PDP (Product Development Process) and APQP Process Map APQP and PPAP 3
S Purchasing Process Map for ISO 9001 and ISO 13485 - Example wanted Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 5
M Process Map for a Consulting Firm Service Industry Specific Topics 2
S Process Map of Document Control - Review wanted (Visio) Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 7
S Process Map - Turtle Diagram for Document Control Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 3
5 What are your thoughts on my NPD (New Product Development) process map? Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 17
H Beautiful, Graphic, Process Map examples wanted - Graphic design is important Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 7
Q Unsupported ISO areas in Process map? Finance and Accounting ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
K Software Life Cycle Process Map? Template or example wanted IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 3
B Quality Planning process map - Struggling to define all the inputs and outputs Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 17
A Process Mapping - for "Audits" - Detailed process map + macro map + FMEA Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 10
M Process Interaction Map for ISO 13485 ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 10
M Process Map: Accounting Journal Entries (accrual process) Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 9
kmyers Purchasing Process Map example wanted ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 8
M High-level process map for a leasing service company Service Industry Specific Topics 2
J What IS a Process Map? Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 59
A Review My Process Map - Services Company Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 15
P Process Map vs. User Guide - Documenting business procedures Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 3
P Process Map for Offset Printing Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 2
R Please review my process map Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 5
O I need a process map for ISO 9001 important processes ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 1
H Combining a Process Map and Written Procedure Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 44
S Process Map Format and Content - Correct or Incorrect Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 15
H Please Review my High Level QM (Quality Management) Process Map Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 57
J Main Map and Major Process Maps or Turtle Diagrams Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 5
R Business Process Map Guide - Help Needed Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 1
Anerol C Please Critique my process map - Metal-Mechanic Industry Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 4
J Quality System Process Map - Is this too detailed or not enough detail? Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 77
G Process Map for Highway Design & Construction needed Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 1
N Should a Process Map have all the Core Processes? Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 12
N Linking Business Process Map with Sub-Process Process Map Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 39
D Examples of Process Map for a Transactional Process like Order Entry Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 3