Process Mapping - Inputs/Outputs/Detail Activities/Control points/Measurement?

Hello:

I'm writing this topic because I would like to know "how do I construt a process map".
For each process I think it's important to define: Inputs/Outputs/Detail Activities/Control points/Measurement. Are there more points that must be considered?

Thanks in advance,

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
when you construct process mapping, you should consider customer requirement,
for example, if Customer need a process for handling of customer complaint in your organization, so you should put process "Customer complaint handling" as part of your process mapping

qualprod

Trusted Information Resource
Hello:

I'm writing this topic because I would like to know "how do I construt a process map".
For each process I think it's important to define: Inputs/Outputs/Detail Activities/Control points/Measurement. Are there more points that must be considered?

Thanks in advance,
Define goals, kpis, risk and opportunities, Infrastructure needed, responsible of the process, competence.

John Broomfield

Staff member
Super Moderator
when you construct process mapping, you should consider customer requirement,
for example, if Customer need a process for handling of customer complaint in your organization, so you should put process "Customer complaint handling" as part of your process mapping
Capture your process as it is. So, determine whose objectives are fulfilled by the process.

Specifically, the complaints could drive the process or you may find that customer complaints are just another input to your system’s process for removing root causes of nonconformity from the system (aka corrective action).

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M SIPOC (Suppliers Inputs Process Outputs Customers) Process Mapping Tool example Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 11
I Process Mapping - Inputs/Outputs/Detail Activities/Control points/Measurement Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 7
R Where does IATF 16949 address Process mapping? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
R Process Mapping for a BPMS (Business Process Management System) vs ISO Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 1
M PDCA cycle - Process mapping - Environmental ISO 14001 ISO 14001:2015 Specific Discussions 1
R Process Mapping a Civil Infrastructure Construction company Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 4
L Mapping the loan lending bank process Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 7
R PPM, Pictorial Process Mapping, Templates Manufacturing and Related Processes 5
S ISO14001:2015 Factory Process Mapping ISO 14001:2015 Specific Discussions 7
O Process Mapping prior to Validation and Software to use to Map Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 12
B Macro Process Mapping (pre-GAP analysis) ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
C Process Mapping Electronic Document Control Software Recommendations Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 5
D Is Process Mapping an ISO 13485 Requirement? Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 4
S Business Case for Process Mapping Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 4
A Information Technology Process Mapping per ISO 13485 - example wanted Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 1
F Updating a Quality Manual from ISO 9001 to ISO TS 16949 - Process Mapping IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
L Qualiware Software & Process Mapping Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 7
F How does Process Mapping help to make a process more Transparent to the Customer? Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 2
N Process Mapping a Private Company that deals with Insurance Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 8
J Definition Activity vs. Task - Definitions in Process Mapping and Projects Definitions, Acronyms, Abbreviations and Interpretations Listed Alphabetically 9
R Process VSM (Value Stream Mapping) help needed Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 5
H Process Mapping related to EMS for ISO 14001:2004 ISO 14001:2015 Specific Discussions 5
L Definition Poka Yoke, Process Mapping, MSA - What are these terms please? Definitions, Acronyms, Abbreviations and Interpretations Listed Alphabetically 3
Q Change Management Process Mapping Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 7
R PPAP & Value Stream Mapping - How to eliminate waste in PPAP process APQP and PPAP 10
S Do you consider 'unintended' process output(s) while mapping a process? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 4
M ISO/TS 16949 Process Mapping (need examples) Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 5
A Process Mapping - for "Audits" - Detailed process map + macro map + FMEA Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 10
R Procedure for internal process mapping requests Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 9
V Process Mapping for a retailing chain Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 1
A Business Process Mapping help needed Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 2
1 Process Mapping for NonConforming Material Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 14
P Trend analysis - Common Mistakes of Sales Process Mapping Software Quality Assurance 2
Z Process Mapping Documentation Location and Control Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 5
J Insights on Graham (and other) Process Mapping software Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 5
M Business Process Mapping to comply with TS 16949 - Please review my Process Map Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 4
M Business Process Map - Kindly review my process mapping of my company Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 5
S Quality manual, Procedures, WI & process mapping for oil field chemical & Eqpt.trader Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 1
Q Business Process Mapping training that integrates Visio 2003 Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 5
M Process Mapping Approach - Please comment on my process map Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 10
H Process Mapping - I would like your opinions and advice on my process map Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 12
L How to start process mapping? Any sample please? Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 5
D Flow Chart and Process Mapping Software - Visio vs. Smartdraw Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 19
Z Looking for some examples of TS16949 process mapping Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 1
M Process Mapping - Process Flow and Interactions of Processes - ISO 9001 Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 124
Marc Business Process Mapping - A simple powerpoint .ppt presentation Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 0
P Criticize my Company wide Process Interaction Mapping IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 4
Marc Flow charts - Show Me Yours! Systems Approach - Process Mapping Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 28
S Mapping ISO 9001 and CMM 2 (KPAs) - SEPG (Software Engineering Process Group) ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
V Process Mapping - Is there anyone using process maps to meet 4.1 requirements? Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 3