Process standards - TS 16949 clause 7.6.3.1

M

michield

I am new to the world of QMS and have some problems interpreting clause 7.6.3.1 of the ISO/TS 16949. I hope somebody can help me out.

About the ?technical requirements for capability to perform these services correctly, traceable to the relevant process standards (such as ASTM, EN,etc.)". I have difficulties understanding this. Could someone explain me what is expected here for a company that only does dimensional tests and where calibration is done by a specialized firm?
Is it obligated for the tests to be traceable to process standards? Or only if the customer requires this?
And do you need to use (inter)national process standards? Or can you develop your own internal process standards?

Thanks for the help!

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

LUV-d-4UM

Quite Involved in Discussions
I am new to the world of QMS and have some problems interpreting clause 7.6.3.1 of the ISO/TS 16949. I hope somebody can help me out.

About the ?technical requirements for capability to perform these services correctly, traceable to the relevant process standards (such as ASTM, EN,etc.)". I have difficulties understanding this. Could someone explain me what is expected here for a company that only does dimensional tests and where calibration is done by a specialized firm?
Is it obligated for the tests to be traceable to process standards? Or only if the customer requires this?
And do you need to use (inter)national process standards? Or can you develop your own internal process standards?

Thanks for the help!
In your QMS documentation, define the scope for your laboratory that includes:
 It?s capability to perform required inspection, test & calibration services
Your laboratory shall specify & implement technical requirements that, as a minimum, include:
1. the types of measurement undertaken (mass, length, and time etc...)

2. The range of accuracy to which the measurement are made (the quantities and number of decimal places)

3. the list of equipment categorized as primary, secondary and working standards

4. the standards are traceable to ASTM or National Measurement Accreditation Services.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T What does TS in TS 16949 mean? ISO Standards Development Process IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 11
Pmarszal External Standards and Regulations Management Process Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 10
K New Kilogram - The process we use to calibrate the standards General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 6
A ISO/IEC process of revising the ISO IEC 20000 standards - Your chance to have a say IT (Information Technology) Service Management 1
M Streamlined Risk Management Process - Focus on Compliance with Standards ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 5
0 Standards for Sampling a Continuous Process Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 4
Michael Malis FDA issued modifications to the list of standards used in Premarket Review Process US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 0
M Use of Safety and Process Standards in the Lifecycle of Medical Devices Other Medical Device Related Standards 6
A Use of Electrical Safety Standards in 510(k) approval process 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 4
B 5S Cleaning Standards Documentation and the 5S Process Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 7
Q Matrix of Standards Clauses to applicable System and Process Hierarchy General Auditing Discussions 1
Sidney Vianna Who is involved in the development of the ISO Standards? Is the process transparent? ASQ, ANAB, UKAS, IAF, IRCA, Exemplar Global and Related Organizations 1
A Information on Process-based Internal Auditing Needed Internal Auditing 2
Sortinghat Auditing the Manufacturing Process IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
V Process Owner Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 1
S Measurment of DPU/DPMO in Assembly process Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 1
J Can you have one Core Process (PEAR) with multiple plants? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 6
D "FAI" Requirements/Process for New Supplier Materials Design and Development of Products and Processes 3
W Nonconforming-Material Process Nonconformance and Corrective Action 1
S Performance Qualification and Process Validation ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 5
K Sr Process Engineer (Hillsboro, OR) - SPC Program Focused - Ultra Clean Technology Job Openings, Consulting and Employment Opportunities 0
S RFQ Process Automotive Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 1
M Vendor selection process AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 5
T Process Potential estimation for binary data Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 3
M Attempting to Poke Yoke a wire crimping process...need help Design and Development of Products and Processes 3
D Machine rebuilds versus process re-validation IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 1
G Does TPI agencies comes under outsourced process as per Q1 Oil and Gas Industry Standards and Regulations 11
Q What is Process Auditing? Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 9
Z PSW approval process for production IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
G Process Validation Before/After Sterilization? Design and Development of Products and Processes 3
A Layered Process Audits for Medical Device Manufacturing? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
Derrick Yang 各国医疗器械上市流程的区别 (Differences in the listing process of medical devices in various countries) Service Industry Specific Topics 3
A " I, as a 3rd party auditor, retain the obligation to determine whether or not the process is "effective"... Discuss. Registrars and Notified Bodies 5
J Process capability analysis in ISO 9001:2015 ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
E Comparing process parameters on non-normal batches Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 11
M How to apply IEC 62304 Problem Resolution Process for bugs discovered prior to release i.e. during initial development? IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 2
I In-Process Inspection Raw Data ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
M How to show the effect of the failure mode on the manufacturing process as a customer of product design process? FMEA and Control Plans 3
V MDL/MDEL private label process Canada Medical Device Regulations 8
B Vision system process validation Manufacturing and Related Processes 1
G Is Quoting a Process with Objectives? Manufacturing and Related Processes 19
D IATF 16949 Process Map IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 19
J 9001 Internal Audit of Client Onboarding process ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 7
B SPECIAL PROCESS VALIDATION & REVALIDATION Qualification and Validation (including 21 CFR Part 11) 4
Q Is engineering a process and should it have its own process turtle? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 7
I Post Market Surveillance Process EU Medical Device Regulations 3
C Process owner for Supplier Controls ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 11
H API monogram 4F - Certification process Oil and Gas Industry Standards and Regulations 2
C Handling in-Process Defect Repairs Nonconformance and Corrective Action 31
B How to satisfy clause 5.7.1.5 process validation for valve production API 6D Oil and Gas Industry Standards and Regulations 13