SBS - The Best Value in QMS software

Process standards - TS 16949 clause 7.6.3.1

M

michield

I am new to the world of QMS and have some problems interpreting clause 7.6.3.1 of the ISO/TS 16949. I hope somebody can help me out.

About the ?technical requirements for capability to perform these services correctly, traceable to the relevant process standards (such as ASTM, EN,etc.)". I have difficulties understanding this. Could someone explain me what is expected here for a company that only does dimensional tests and where calibration is done by a specialized firm?
Is it obligated for the tests to be traceable to process standards? Or only if the customer requires this?
And do you need to use (inter)national process standards? Or can you develop your own internal process standards?

Thanks for the help!

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

LUV-d-4UM

Quite Involved in Discussions
I am new to the world of QMS and have some problems interpreting clause 7.6.3.1 of the ISO/TS 16949. I hope somebody can help me out.

About the ?technical requirements for capability to perform these services correctly, traceable to the relevant process standards (such as ASTM, EN,etc.)". I have difficulties understanding this. Could someone explain me what is expected here for a company that only does dimensional tests and where calibration is done by a specialized firm?
Is it obligated for the tests to be traceable to process standards? Or only if the customer requires this?
And do you need to use (inter)national process standards? Or can you develop your own internal process standards?

Thanks for the help!
In your QMS documentation, define the scope for your laboratory that includes:
 It?s capability to perform required inspection, test & calibration services
Your laboratory shall specify & implement technical requirements that, as a minimum, include:
1. the types of measurement undertaken (mass, length, and time etc...)

2. The range of accuracy to which the measurement are made (the quantities and number of decimal places)

3. the list of equipment categorized as primary, secondary and working standards

4. the standards are traceable to ASTM or National Measurement Accreditation Services.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T What does TS in TS 16949 mean? ISO Standards Development Process IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 11
Pmarszal External Standards and Regulations Management Process Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 10
K New Kilogram - The process we use to calibrate the standards General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 6
A ISO/IEC process of revising the ISO IEC 20000 standards - Your chance to have a say IT (Information Technology) Service Management 1
M Streamlined Risk Management Process - Focus on Compliance with Standards ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 5
0 Standards for Sampling a Continuous Process Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 4
Michael Malis FDA issued modifications to the list of standards used in Premarket Review Process US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 0
M Use of Safety and Process Standards in the Lifecycle of Medical Devices Other Medical Device Related Standards 6
A Use of Electrical Safety Standards in 510(k) approval process 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 4
B 5S Cleaning Standards Documentation and the 5S Process Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 7
Q Matrix of Standards Clauses to applicable System and Process Hierarchy General Auditing Discussions 1
Sidney Vianna Who is involved in the development of the ISO Standards? Is the process transparent? ASQ, ANAB, UKAS, IAF, IRCA, Exemplar Global and Related Organizations 1
F Rules of process outsourcing in China China Medical Device Regulations 0
B Process / Procedure - Radiographic (X-Ray) Non-Film Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 0
P Certification process for registered device China Medical Device Regulations 11
J NCR- Failure of contract review process - NADCAP audit AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 6
Melissa Process Validation of Rotary Heat Sealer Speeds Design and Development of Products and Processes 4
C Validation of process for releasing the UDI EU Medical Device Regulations 4
Melissa Risk Management Process, How far do I need to go? ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 10
C Validation of process for production and servicing 5.7.1.5 API Spec Q1, 9th Edition Oil and Gas Industry Standards and Regulations 3
Z IA Construction Procurement Process Internal Auditing 3
H Risk Management Plan in agile process ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 11
DuncanGibbons Process flow & PFMEA for production planning and simulation activities? Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 7
N Help with understanding Process Controls Manufacturing and Related Processes 7
M VDA 6.3 – Workshop for Certified Process Auditor VDA Standards - Germany's Automotive Standards 1
C Process Consistency Manufacturing and Related Processes 5
I PFD (Process Flow Diagram) approach. Setup details as part of PFD? APQP and PPAP 5
K Business Process Flowchart Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 2
L Looking for Control Plan and FMEA Stamping process FMEA and Control Plans 2
J License renewal process in Iran Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 0
J Definition Outsourced process - Clear definition - 13485 Definitions, Acronyms, Abbreviations and Interpretations Listed Alphabetically 5
S IS0 13485 process flows ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
H Verification Process for the existing MDS Product IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 5
C Revalidation of Process Equipment for Equipment Transfered to New Facility. ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 5
Q Process map Evaluation and Analysis Method Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 5
S In process inspection Manufacturing and Related Processes 2
S Brexit 100% inspection during in process inspection Manufacturing and Related Processes 11
A Complaint review as part of the complaint handling process? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
mustomutlu Process Validation Final Report Other Medical Device and Orthopedic Related Topics 2
Q Process Matrix_Audit Matrix Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 4
Q Process description for outsourced processes ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
Q Process matrix examples of ISO 9001 & 14001 ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
J Need Help with FPY Data in Assembly Process Manufacturing and Related Processes 7
A When someone refuses to follow a process.... Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 27
E Software maintenance Process Software maintenance Process to IEC 6204? IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 3
R AS5553 Clause 3.1.7 f - "Implement a returns process....." AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 5
normhowe "The Problem with Quality Management: Process orientation, controllability and zero-defect processes as modern myths" Book, Video, Blog and Web Site Reviews and Recommendations 2
Judy Abbott General temperature used in the blasting process and laser process Manufacturing and Related Processes 2
B SOP for CNC turret punching machine for sheet metal process Manufacturing and Related Processes 0
A API Monogram audit review process Oil and Gas Industry Standards and Regulations 4