Process standards - TS 16949 clause 7.6.3.1

M

michield

I am new to the world of QMS and have some problems interpreting clause 7.6.3.1 of the ISO/TS 16949. I hope somebody can help me out.

About the ?technical requirements for capability to perform these services correctly, traceable to the relevant process standards (such as ASTM, EN,etc.)". I have difficulties understanding this. Could someone explain me what is expected here for a company that only does dimensional tests and where calibration is done by a specialized firm?
Is it obligated for the tests to be traceable to process standards? Or only if the customer requires this?
And do you need to use (inter)national process standards? Or can you develop your own internal process standards?

Thanks for the help!

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

LUV-d-4UM

Quite Involved in Discussions
I am new to the world of QMS and have some problems interpreting clause 7.6.3.1 of the ISO/TS 16949. I hope somebody can help me out.

About the ?technical requirements for capability to perform these services correctly, traceable to the relevant process standards (such as ASTM, EN,etc.)". I have difficulties understanding this. Could someone explain me what is expected here for a company that only does dimensional tests and where calibration is done by a specialized firm?
Is it obligated for the tests to be traceable to process standards? Or only if the customer requires this?
And do you need to use (inter)national process standards? Or can you develop your own internal process standards?

Thanks for the help!
In your QMS documentation, define the scope for your laboratory that includes:
 It?s capability to perform required inspection, test & calibration services
Your laboratory shall specify & implement technical requirements that, as a minimum, include:
1. the types of measurement undertaken (mass, length, and time etc...)

2. The range of accuracy to which the measurement are made (the quantities and number of decimal places)

3. the list of equipment categorized as primary, secondary and working standards

4. the standards are traceable to ASTM or National Measurement Accreditation Services.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T What does TS in TS 16949 mean? ISO Standards Development Process IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 11
Pmarszal External Standards and Regulations Management Process Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 10
K New Kilogram - The process we use to calibrate the standards General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 6
A ISO/IEC process of revising the ISO IEC 20000 standards - Your chance to have a say IT (Information Technology) Service Management 1
M Streamlined Risk Management Process - Focus on Compliance with Standards ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 5
0 Standards for Sampling a Continuous Process Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 4
Michael Malis FDA issued modifications to the list of standards used in Premarket Review Process US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 0
M Use of Safety and Process Standards in the Lifecycle of Medical Devices Other Medical Device Related Standards 6
A Use of Electrical Safety Standards in 510(k) approval process 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 4
B 5S Cleaning Standards Documentation and the 5S Process Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 7
Q Matrix of Standards Clauses to applicable System and Process Hierarchy General Auditing Discussions 1
Sidney Vianna Who is involved in the development of the ISO Standards? Is the process transparent? ASQ, ANAB, UKAS, IAF, IRCA, Exemplar Global and Related Organizations 1
D Questions regarding process validation ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 5
D Question regarding ECO process, specifically for Life Science products and defining form fit and function ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
P Managing How PPAP Requirements are Communicated in the Manufacturing Process and to Suppliers APQP and PPAP 4
I Control Plan (Product/Process specification/ Tolerance) acceptance FMEA and Control Plans 27
L Process changes and biocompatibility (ISO 10993-1) Other Medical Device Related Standards 1
A Validation of Forced Aeration Process ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
R Error Proofing Label process Manufacturing and Related Processes 4
B New Release of CQI-12 Coatings Process (Revision 3- Release date- 7/2020) Customer and Company Specific Requirements 2
D Layered Process Audits - FCA 9.2.2 - Exemption Clause? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 4
B ISO 11607-2 "Critical Parameter" vs. "Process Parameter" Other Medical Device Related Standards 3
Q Example Process orientation to the process leadership, management, goals (tasks of the top management) ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 10
S Process Inspection -Sub assembly process inspection sheet Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 3
T ISO 13485 8.3 - Non-Conforming Materials - on-line rework or part of process? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 11
T Outsourced process in ISO 45001 Occupational Health & Safety Management Standards 2
L Manufacturing Process Audit Help IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 6
T Formal Q Self Assessment - Problem with assigning Product and Process Customer and Company Specific Requirements 1
K Problems with process equipment ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
W Need for current design or process control FMEA and Control Plans 2
M Hiring Decisions - How much effort do you put into the hiring process these days? (7/2020) Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 6
hockeyhead Existing process never included in AS9100 scope of certification AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 10
A What is the difference between Design Process, Process Design and Design Control? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 2
V Process, component or full product re-qualification: leaded to unleaded solder Qualification and Validation (including 21 CFR Part 11) 8
C Refreshing an old and boring topic - Job descriptions and Roles vs Process Documentation ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 38
R Where does IATF 16949 address Process mapping? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
C OEE and In-process Inspection Manufacturing and Related Processes 2
S Effective nonconforming process for AS9100 8.7 AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 6
T ISO 13485 - Process validation at critical suppliers ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 7
K Software Validation for Measurement Tools used in Process Validation ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
J Sub-supplier change from manual to automated process - same specs - Report to FDA? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 2
P Design verification driven by new equipment. How is this different than process validation? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 1
B Using Unreleased Documents & Process Maps for Internal Audit purposes ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 12
I Release checklist EO sterilization process Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 3
V Informational SMMT IATF Oversight - OEM KPI Process IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 4
M Description of the requirements of clause 9.2.2.3 manufacturing process audit- needs your feedback IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 0
Stoic Are any medical device companies using the 2011 FDA process validation guidance instead of GHTF/SG3/N99-10:2004? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 1
T Design Control Procedures later in the Development Process ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
K Process Mapping - Inputs/Outputs/Detail Activities/Control points/Measurement? Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 4
D Social Media Feedback process for Medical Devices ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6