Process standards - TS 16949 clause 7.6.3.1

M

michield

I am new to the world of QMS and have some problems interpreting clause 7.6.3.1 of the ISO/TS 16949. I hope somebody can help me out.

About the ?technical requirements for capability to perform these services correctly, traceable to the relevant process standards (such as ASTM, EN,etc.)". I have difficulties understanding this. Could someone explain me what is expected here for a company that only does dimensional tests and where calibration is done by a specialized firm?
Is it obligated for the tests to be traceable to process standards? Or only if the customer requires this?
And do you need to use (inter)national process standards? Or can you develop your own internal process standards?

Thanks for the help!

LUV-d-4UM

Quite Involved in Discussions
I am new to the world of QMS and have some problems interpreting clause 7.6.3.1 of the ISO/TS 16949. I hope somebody can help me out.

About the ?technical requirements for capability to perform these services correctly, traceable to the relevant process standards (such as ASTM, EN,etc.)". I have difficulties understanding this. Could someone explain me what is expected here for a company that only does dimensional tests and where calibration is done by a specialized firm?
Is it obligated for the tests to be traceable to process standards? Or only if the customer requires this?
And do you need to use (inter)national process standards? Or can you develop your own internal process standards?

Thanks for the help!

In your QMS documentation, define the scope for your laboratory that includes:
 It?s capability to perform required inspection, test & calibration services
Your laboratory shall specify & implement technical requirements that, as a minimum, include:
1. the types of measurement undertaken (mass, length, and time etc...)

2. The range of accuracy to which the measurement are made (the quantities and number of decimal places)

3. the list of equipment categorized as primary, secondary and working standards

4. the standards are traceable to ASTM or National Measurement Accreditation Services.

Top Bottom