Process Validation of 'Special Processes' - How do I?

• Thread starter florin pirvulescu
  • Start date
F

florin pirvulescu

We all agree what special processes are. But what is the approach in those cases it is not very clear to me. I have to options: 1. we can demonstrate compliance with 7.5.2 just establishing preliminary measures as appropriate according to a) to e) or
2. implementing all I've sad to 1. AND appointing a commitee wich has to gather to analyse the conditions and to complete a kind af a minute bla, bla...
What actualy an external auditor should be expecting to find?
:thanx:
Florin

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
D

D.Scott

I have seen this discussed by using an internal weld as an example. This must be validated at the time of welding because you won't be able to get to the weld once the process proceeds. I think you have defined what is necessary in your option #1. The use of a commitee stated in option #2 seems to be overkill.

As an auditor, I would expect to find evidence of how you are going to ensure you address the items a - e. Procedures/work instructions stating how you will review and approve, documentation of accepted equipment (example - calibration or specific type) and proof of qualification of the employee, work instructions, records and periodic revalidation.

I am sorry there is no specific information I can offer other than don't over-complicate it. Keep it as simple as possible.

Dave

Antonio Vieira

Involved - Posts
Trusted Information Resource
About “special processes” I have a friend that says one important thing we all must think about:
All QMS processes should be considered “special processes” and treated the same way we normally do to those classic special processes. In other words all the identified QMS processes should be qualified (or validated).
Considering ISO 9001:2000 4.1 c), d) and e), if an organization wants to implement an “audit non conformance proof system”, the idea of treating all their processes as “special processes” is not so bad.
I agree that this could be a good idea. The only problem is that we also must consider the financial costs of this idea.
Any comments? :rolleyes:

F

florin pirvulescu

António Vieira said:
About “special processes” I have a friend that says one important thing we all must think about:
All QMS processes should be considered “special processes” and treated the same way we normally do to those classic special processes.
OK, it could be an idea, as long as 16949 already has this requirement. The problem is (at least here in my country) that most of small and medium size companies use to have a QMR having other responsibilities. In most cases "other responsibilities" take all the time. So, the more complicated become the sistem, the more people get bore or stressed, all with appropirate results in sistem effectiveness. People are like water which flows on the easiest way.
You were right: "The only problem is that we also must consider the financial costs of this idea." We don't have strong labor unions to represent the employees, so supplementary tasks are noy reflected always in salary. Besides, IMO the standard has aleady to much philosophy, let's not overcomplicate our life.

V

vasudev

what is validition of special process (man,m/c or production operation)& which processes are called special processes & why not all the processes are under scope of validation

Stijloor

Staff member
Super Moderator
what is validition of special process (man,m/c or production operation)& which processes are called special processes & why not all the processes are under scope of validation
"Special Processes" is a term that was used in older standards. However, the term still exist.

If you are an automotive supplier, all manufacturing processes are considered "special" and must all be validated.

Colin answered your question in this post.

You may want to scroll down this page and explore the links that are provided there.

Hope this helps.

Stijloor.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
L Injection Moulding Process (Special Process) Validation Food Safety - ISO 22000, HACCP (21 CFR 120) 2
T "Special Process" Validation Requirements (21 CFR Part 820) 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 15
M Application of Special Process - Validation and FAI in Wind Tunnel Testing AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 3
S Special Process Validation - ISO9001 Clause 7.5.2 - How do I go about it? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 33
D "Special Production Process" Validation and TS16949 Clause 7.5.2.1 IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 5
C Special Process Validation - Electroplate - 7.5.2 of AS9100B AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 6
I Validation of Special Process - Soldering ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 8
K Process Validation - Hand soldering of components & wires on PCB - Special Process? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 6
A special process validation ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
R Validation of Processes for Injection Moulding - Special Process? Clause 7.5.2 IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 9
T Passivation Validation - Is passivation is considered a "special" process by the FDA? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
B How to satisfy clause 5.7.1.5 process validation for valve production API 6D Oil and Gas Industry Standards and Regulations 13
Melissa Process Validation of Rotary Heat Sealer Speeds Design and Development of Products and Processes 4
C Validation of process for releasing the UDI EU Medical Device Regulations 4
C Validation of process for production and servicing 5.7.1.5 API Spec Q1, 9th Edition Oil and Gas Industry Standards and Regulations 9
mustomutlu Process Validation Final Report Other Medical Device and Orthopedic Related Topics 2
N Sterilization Protocol Change in Validation Process and further impacts ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
R PCBA process validation Qualification and Validation (including 21 CFR Part 11) 2
S Sterilization validation after changing sterilization process provider Qualification and Validation (including 21 CFR Part 11) 3
D Questions regarding process validation ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 15
A Validation of Forced Aeration Process ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
T ISO 13485 - Process validation at critical suppliers ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 7
K Software Validation for Measurement Tools used in Process Validation ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
P Design verification driven by new equipment. How is this different than process validation? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 1
Stoic Are any medical device companies using the 2011 FDA process validation guidance instead of GHTF/SG3/N99-10:2004? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 1
G Devices from IQ, OQ or PQ process to be used for verification, validation and summative? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 5
N Design Verification & Process Validation - Statistical sample sizes Design and Development of Products and Processes 2
E Equipment Qualification - IQ/OQ per ISO 13485:2016 section 7.5.6 Process validation ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 7
B API Q1 5.7.1.5 Process Validation - Machining, heat treating, Manganese Phosphate and Zinc Plating Manufacturing and Related Processes 2
N Validation procedure, Major NC CAP - Equipment Validation process is not effective ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 5
D ISO13485:2016 7.5.6 Process Validation Responsibilities ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
Z Who is responsible for writing the validation of a new process? Manufacturing and Related Processes 7
M Requirement for manufacturing process validation in IATF 16949 IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 8
E Sampling plan for orthopedic implant - Process Validation Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 4
Z Class 2 medical device - Process Validation - Test sterile or non-sterile units? Qualification and Validation (including 21 CFR Part 11) 4
T ISO 13485:2016 - Processes exempt from process validation ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 12
K Is Mold qualification / process validation always required? Manufacturing and Related Processes 7
R Process Validation on CNC Lathe and Milling machining process Design and Development of Products and Processes 1
Q Release of the first batch of a cleared product before process validation 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 4
R Process Validation sample size selection Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 0
P Auditing "process validation" process 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 2
E Cleaning Validation Process of Non-Sterile Implants and Instruments Other Medical Device Related Standards 2
W Design and Process Validation - Different? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
A Supplier - Process Validation Manufacturing and Related Processes 3
M Medical Device Process validation, Validation of excel spreadsheets used for process Other Medical Device and Orthopedic Related Topics 4
V Tyvek packaging for Medical device process validation Qualification and Validation (including 21 CFR Part 11) 2
L Process Definition and Process Validation 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 2
S Can we sell units that were chosen for process validation? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
S How do I do a Process Validation for soldering process Manufacturing and Related Processes 5
S Process validation when changing location ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 10